IDS World Markets Fri 3rd October 08

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good show!! Gold at $830 now. edit: $834 now.

BTW, I am in the process of ordering a 1000oz comex bar for my daughter right now from Tulving....he has them in stock.

695577[/snapback]

Took profits on lack of follow through here. Will get back in if she turns around.

Meanwhile, was really tempted to dong GG calls yesterday especially since it was touching that 200 sma on the weekly but things looked so bleak and headed for recent lows at $24.63, so I held off. But gold stocks now out of the woods just yet.

I don't use MF indicators for timing. They usually turn a full subcycle before the cycle in question. I look at them mostly for a heads up, or confirmation. In this case, they haven't confirmed. They have remained in downtrends.

I have had arrhythmia with atrial fibrillation. The doc put me on warfarin and atenolol, and I was still having them. Did some in depth medical research (Google  :D ) and found out that the symptoms could be related to low potassium and dehydration. So I started eating a banana every day and upped my water intake from 1 or 2 glasses a day to at least 4 and haven't had an attack of atrial fib since.

695551[/snapback]

An elegantly simple solution... ;)

1. Hedgehogs cannot short easily at the moment.

2. Hedgehog buys a bundle of puts instead.

3. The market maker on the other end of the transaction hedges his short put position by dynamic replication. He shorts the stock. [And is allowed to do so.]

4. Then the market falls.

5. The market maker must now short more stock to hedge the increased delta of the sold put.

6. => Self reinforcing cycle.

Did I get this wrong?

In addition to CoQ10, you should look into L-Carnitine.  Cayenne pepper also has some miraculous heart healing properties (you can buy this in supplement form) -- scientists have kept heart muscle alive (and actually growing) for years by feeding it nothing else but Cayenne.  Garlic of course is the old standby and you should definitely add a good garlic supplement to your diet.  Vitamin E, Alpha Lipolic Acid, and Hawthorne are all worth a look too.

Check on Amazon for a book called "L-Carnitine and the Heart"

Please note that I'm not giving you any specific medical advice.  But after my dad had his second heart attack, I did months of research on natural cures.  The things I've listed are all backed by very promising research, with very little or no side-effects.

695538[/snapback]

Aussie I think you have it right. Pharmaceuticals are often as safe as the Big Pharm's are honest. :P PrtzlLogic, I have done some of the same research after my daughter had a bout w/breast cancer. I was going to reco some of the same things you did. Garlic and CoQ10 are both blood thinners and reduce stroke risk without having to go on some pharma like cumadin, which is a pain.

Btw, Aussie, did your little vill finally get the great pastie battle sorted out? :lol:

On a day like this, I think it is only appropriate to smoke a pig. :P

I?ve got an 8 lb. pork shoulder on the smoker; going to smoke it all day while watching the CNBS circus; might even have to tap a few brewskies (after noon, of course).

Dumb question - if the vote is already a done deal (as everybody says), why aren't they buying the rumor?

This certainly is the most interesting day I?ve ever had the pleasure of being in the markets.

post-4028-1223043646.jpg

qqqq 5 hr cycle projection 37.68.

That's my line in the sand. If they get through that, I'se out, having given back half me gains thanks to doubling up last night. Schmuck. :lol:

I'm not cut out to be a daytrader, like you steely eyed, cold blooded, gunslingers! :D

On a day like this, I think it is only appropriate to smoke a pig. :P

I?ve got an 8 lb. pork shoulder on the smoker; going to smoke it all day while watching the CNBS circus; might even have to tap a few brewskies (after noon, of course). 

695604[/snapback]

Can I come over!!!! :P

GO PHILS! ;)

Archived