Mitsubishi to lay off 1,200 Ill. workers

Washington Mutual to cut 2500 jobs nationwide

AT&T to Stop Marketing Traditional Service

and said it expects to make additional job cuts

Guidant to cut jobs across US

Sears has eliminated 3,200 jobs so far this year

Maxtor's Shrewsbury plant to see 150 jobs cut

Spiegel to Close Va. Call Center, Cut 550 Jobs

Ailing Delta Delaying Aircraft Delivery ( but, but, Boeing says it will hire 3000 by the end of year. Yeah, sure, whatever.

Big solar flair called an m9. Won't help the markets any.

Probably from a major solar flare about 24 hours ago. The entire internet has been slow today, as I was in various locations and experienced the same slow downs. Occasionally these slowdwns are due to internet hub problems, but could also be a side effect of high solar activity for one week now.

California and the north east are also using a high rate of power today. This combined with solar activity may cause blackouts and further communication problems.

AURORA ALERT: A moderate geomagnetic storm is in progress. Sky watchers in, e.g., Canada and northern-tier US states like Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and Washington should be alert for auroras tonight.

The storm began hours after a weak coronal mass ejection (CME) swept past Earth (1000 UT, July 22nd). Although the CME itself did not spark a geomagnetic storm, the high-speed solar wind in its wake did. Fueling the storm is a south-pointing IMF near Earth.

http://www.spaceweather.com/

post-20-1090552626_thumb.jpg

Kernel they can stand on there head and spit nickels but they ain't moving futures up take a look at the new highs and lows today on the dow and Nutsduck-the game has changed and THEY are on the run. I challenge any Bull here c'mon go long -you will be lying in the same ditch as BDK! ;)

:lol: :lol:

Mr. Softy is set for a gap down opening tomorrow which would leave a nice island top reversal. INTC and AMAT already gapped lower days ago.

If there's no 3 am stick save tonight, Nasty will gap lower manana. If so, this is my wave count -- bottom fishers beware!

post-20-1090553318.gif

Well HB you are right about solar flares they attenuate the trend and in this case the trend is down-Too many worry about can they reverse it ??gimmee a break-there world is falling apart Te and I have the same stop are we risking much-NOPE-are we WINNING a lot-YUP! Pound Hell out of the trend-it is YOUR FRIEND. Cautious sure ALWAYS but risk 3 points and you will always get a flesh wound not a mortal wound! ;)

Dharma-TE and I both follow Carver and both laugh-the Guy is a great technician and an unrelenting Bull who because of his bullish bias is always hoisted on his own petard no matter what his technicals say. This is one of those times when the Bullz have to pound Salt up their own Ass. :D

B.S. and TE,

Thanks for showing concern!

I didn't have to 'fess up to my booboo, but I was thinking that there are many more

besides myself that will have to answer margin calls.

My confession was really intended as a "heads up" reminder to all.

I didn't get a notice from Schwab, but the shortfall showed up on my screen

so I promptly "fixed" the problem. :angry:

Being open and honest about the mistakes I make is the only way I know.

Archived