SP Gann Anal-ysis

Free week on EWT coming..

FreeWeek is coming! From Wednesday, Nov. 12 at 6pm Eastern to Wednesday, Nov. 19 at 5pm Eastern, you'll have FREE ACCESS to every subscriber service on elliottwave.com (except for Flash). You must be a Club EWI member to participate. If you're not already a Club member, sign up now at http://www.elliottwave.com/freeweek. Please tell your friends, family and colleagues about FreeWeek, too!

Prechter has also targeted Dow 4k, wonder what the catalyst will be.. :ph34r:

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Hanky's Wall Street is online!

Please be patient it is under construction!

The Cube Trader and Gold Fund Trader signals and historical trade table are posted. Please give me time to get this together. I need to find a way to access it with FTP to speed this up!

Here's the URL:

http://stoolcities.capitalstool.com/mrhanky/

Regards,

Mr. Hanky

Mr. Hanky - I don't think you can access stoolcities with FTP

but I was wondering this: does your IP give you a free web

homepage? If so why dont you just do it there

instead? Then in stoolcities you could just put up a link

to your homepage.

I think stoolcities is fine for straightforward displays

but of course lacks the tools for more detailed projects.

Thank you for your most excellent charts. I noticed on

the last one that when the blue smoother crosses the

RSI when the RSI is going up the price tends to rise.

Is this observation relevant?

post-13-1068305289.gif

Depends,

I already use my IP webspace for another website (amateur radio)!

I am getting used to using the built in file transfer and as long as I keep a page open to it, it goes almost as fast. But thanks for the idea.

The smoother on RSI is 48 period or 4 years Simple Moving Average!

Interesting observation you have...and again you can see we are at a

VERY CRITICAL JUNCTURE ...can the market take off as it has in the past with

a 4 year cycle low behind us sustained recovery OR do we puke in near future!

I am trying to be optimistic but very skeptical. But that is why I prefer system trading. No emotion...just do what it tells you and if you have designed the system and have good stats, you will win!

Regards,

MH

Visit:

http://stoolcities.capitalstool.com/mrhanky/

I am expecting HUI at 288 around the end of June04 (14.5 mo cycle). Does this time frame fit your Gann work?

Good question! I haven't looked out that far very much. Mostly I use Gann to determine when to expect moves to occur and important near by support levels within several weeks at a time...rarely do I try to go out more than a few months.

I really don't think anyone can predict beyond a few months any market. But it's fun to have scenarios. But for trading, I focus on Intermediate Term moves of weeks to a few months and try to catch them. I am a wimpy system trader for the most part but sometimes do pattern trades when large convergences of indicators give it a high probability. (See my current GE short trade).

Doc probably has one of the better methods of trying to look into the market crystal ball beyond a few months!

But I like to see how my system trades react around important Gann and Elliott time and price levels.

Both EW and Gann charts are saying we could be in for a big move up in December-January but that would be a major top. So a sell off into middle of next year would follow and have a large retracement of the entire 5 - wave up... but I can't even give a level on that but under 180 at least.

Regards,

Mr Hanky

OK, my understanding is a FLAT always requires 1)3-3-5 :  A-B-C Wave Count AND 2)WAVE B COMPLETELY AND MINIMALLY RETRACES ALL OF WAVE A  (an "extended flat" B goes beyond the start of wave A

. . . This definition is in Frost and Prechter's classic EW text,"Elliott Wave Principle"

How are you seeing a flat off the October lows?????????

I finally went back and got the books out; aside from the 3-3-5 definition the actual phrase used for a regular flat is ?where wave b terminates at about the level of the beginning of a?. Hmmm, a bit vague.

However, though I in many respects share your scepticism about Neely I must admit on second inspection I have actually found some of his detailed wave analytics to be pretty helpful. He describes several flat variations including a regular flat where b is between 81-100% of a and a b failure where b is between 61.8% and 81% of a.

So on this basis (as well as the sub-divisions ? sort of) I count the move off the October lows as a flat variation.

However, going back to the Neely book again I see that the size of the C wave makes this something he describes as an elongated flat, which I figure is what Eliott would have originally termed an irregular flat.

So far so good. But this is where my typical problems with Neely begin to manifest themselves. He goes on to say that he has discovered that this pattern only occurs as a sub-wave of a triangle. Then in the next paragraph is says that they almost exclusively occur as triangle sub-waves immediately followed by the statement that they are important warning signs of triangles. Cobblers, I say.

using the classic definition of a FLAT (COMPLETE A wave RETRACEMENT by the B wave) along with your MEGA 3-wave A down implies this B wave will go on eventually back to prior all time March 2000 highs and maybe beyond. (3-wave A's much more likely to turn into FLATS with complete retracement, right?)

That is not the way I see it at this degree. I don?t believe there is as any real pattern carry-through from the big A except that the sub-divisions tell us what pattern to expect from big B. However, at that degree I see A and B as entirely separate, although the complete bear market could subsequently be described as a 3-3-5 correction.

However, I must admit this is a bit of a hunch as I have found very little concrete information about what to expect from large degree corrections. Maybe you have noticed the same thing? This must be due to the fact that they are few and far between so I suppose many are actually making this stuff up as we go along. For this reason I find this kind of dialogue very helpful.

Again thanks.

Sq 144 on DOW from 1982 start of the bull

Thirds are in red for better visibility...

Big lows on 1/3's in time, this full square will end in 8-06. Will the low be back where it started?

Look how price reacted around each full square up in price...there is one very close to 10,000 that we are now testing!

Interesting insight, Mr. H. I also expect a severe decline into 2006. Had not thought to put any numbers on it, but the 1994 low is certainly a useful scenario.

Thanks for your excellent work. You have a fertile mind.

Archived