To bottom or not to bottom, that is the question

total US debt increase 10/1 to 10/24

$10.124T to $10,524T

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/NPGateway...ov/NP/NPGateway

(you have to click through the links and set the dates)

Strangely on the surface, in peoples conception of things, this insane number is not considered. Hats off to Doc for identifying what's happening and suggesting how it's so causal in the current action.

How or if the new MMILF is in there or starting to be is a mystery. It's all a mystery. A clever criminal at the Treasury or Fed could probably easily walk out the door with a billion dollars and nobody would ever know. Hank brought a platoon of GS boys with him to Treasury. Just saying. ($6 billion in cash loaded on pallets went to Iraq in 03 04 for reconstruction under the CPA and nobody knows where much of that went except for some tattered receipts on scrap paper saying in effect 'stuff')

The guy in the vid says there is so much 'cash' on the sidelines. Well not exactly cash is it?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While everyone is posting charts let me add my 1 cent....that's all I have left... :(

Over on DecisionPoint.com they're posting this chart....If one looks closely it infers that we may have more downside to go.... :rolleyes: Also it infers a possible range of downside risk from todays close.....About 25-50+% additional downside risk! Wow - was I surprised....

i was thinking of Beakers!  :lol:

Beaker%20Capital.JPG

Muppet Labs, where the future is being made today, is the site of scientific enquiry, technological breakthroughs, and sundry explosions on The Muppet Show. Headed by Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, the lab premiered in episode 108 and lasted all five seasons. During the first season, Bunsen worked alone. Beginning in season two, the good doctor acquired an assistant-cum-guinea pig, the hapless Beaker.

The premiere research laboratory of the Muppet universe.

When tech hits bottom we might have to go long!

:lol:

During my days in corporate America I dealt with countless ass-kissing douchebags like Neel Kash-n-Kari . Hey Neel, that way of spelling "Neel" is too cute by about two.

In addition, note the dual chrome domes....anyone thinking that "Neel" isn't trying to look like his new bestest friend Hank just doesn't know how the corporate world really works.

Neel, you're a 35-year-old dick, and you will be replaced in January.

neelkashkari1_blog_v_20081006112527.jpghankpaulson1_blog_v_20081006112631.jpg

Incidentally, it seems that Neel is more than qualified for his task......NOT!!!

Kashkari earned a bachelor?s and master?s degree in engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Kashkari didn?t take a conventional route into banking. He started out as an aerospace engineer at TRW, developing technology for NASA projects like the James Webb Space Telescope, the replacement to Hubble, which is scheduled to launch in 2013.

He earned an M.B.A. at the University of Pennsylvania?s Wharton School of Business.

After Wharton, Kashkari joined Goldman and worked in San Francisco, where he advised companies that create computer security programs like antivirus software.

Background source

just as bull markets tend to be forgiving on the long side, i sense this bear market is going to be very forgiving on the short side (with proper trade and money management, dang it)

it took appx. 3 years for the S&P to go from 500 to 900, don't think its going to spend nearly that long to return the favor back to 500

i'll plan to trade accordingly, cheers

october 1998 to october 2002 - 48 months

october 2002 to october 2008 - 60 months

october 2008 to october 2012 - eventual bear market low, ugh??

i still feel we should have a fairly strong multi-week countertrend rally starting fairly soon, this rally may even briefly break some downtrend lines to suck in some long money before vaporizing it

i hope i have the wherewithal to trade it well

Even the healthy hedge funds are being forced to sell,'' Mohamed El-Erian, co-chief executive officer of Pacific Investment Management Co. of Newport Beach, California, said in an interview yesterday with cable-television network Crapvision.

Even the fully formed over leveraged turds are starting to smell.

Who was it that said this guy was 'gifted'. The whole pimpco "5 times a day" pump has an odor all it's own. I am starting to wonder if Bill and Mohamed are going to be next in the long line of dudes that cocked off on Crapvision and then did the perp walk or got the hell outa the limelight in fear of same.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...z97s&refer=home

:angry: :angry:

This fund has now had a 50% haircut. Lots of other funds out there like it.

Are sheeple expected to believe these kinds of funds are going to make a miraculous comeback?

703614[/snapback]

one of many, 5 years or more of gains obliterated in less than a year

this is one angry bear and many will never recover from the mauling

societal and generational acrimony writ large

Archived