Asia's Dependency

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Piledriver:

Just when you think it can't get more extended.

This one is an all time record.

Check out this blowout chart:

http://clearstation.etrade.com/cgi-bin/bbs...=4432562&Refer=

that is what is called a low risk area in which to...

SHORT THE HELL OUT OF THIS OVERBLOATED...

OVERBOUGHT

OVERVALUED

OVEROWNED

OVERPROPPED

PIECE OF S... :lol:

May 23rd, 2003

WEISS COMMENTS

The Dollar is Headed Down, Down, Down

-- May 23, 2003

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it, Secretary Snow. Today, the dollar dropped to its lowest level against the euro since the currency's second day of trading in 1999. The market's next target for the euro is $1.20, and there's no reason to believe it will stop there.

With the US having to attract $1.5 billion a day to finance its swelling current account deficit, there was already reason enough to dump the greenback. And now the Bush administration has egged on the market like a matador does a bull.

Currencies are famous for overshooting, and there's no reason to think this time will be any different. With the US economy near recession, and short-term European interest rates more than twice as high as those in the US, the fundamentals clearly aren't on the dollar's side.

http://206.96.168.111/home/daily.asp

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ets_forex_dc_29

As Chiefy alluded to-the news clips of Bush and Koizumi was beyond bizarre-there wasn;t enough brainpower in that room to peel a Ballpark Frank! A huge story you will hear plenty about over the weekend-Senators Luger and Biden tore Wolfowitz into little bittie pieces in Senate testimony-claiming Afghanistan is "a Shambles and a disaster" ditto Iraq Billions are being spent that the taxpayer and the Senate know nothing about and it would appear "we will be there for 10 years and at what cost etc." They are demanding a full accounting "and a say in what is happening" note-this is Bi Partisan-seems like reality is setting in re costs-Mr. Market won't like what he hears. Lastly note all indicies closed on support-Trade Safe!

"Wall Struck Week with George Washington"

:lol:

I wish I had seen the grilling of Herr Wolfowitz. Lugar had an op-ed in yesterday's Washington Post that was quite hard-hitting: he's among the few puke politicians in DC worth listening too. Nice POS tax thingie they wretched up today: pack o' lies. I was wondering to myself recently why it was that average Americans had such a carefree indifference to escalating personal debt? I mean, we Americans used to be a nation of sensible responsible spend-thrifts... then, some time in the last two decades, we seem to have utterly changed our personal savings habits. I know people (and I'm sure you do too) who assume additional debt like it was never going to need to be paid off... that there's always going to be an ability to raise one's personal debt level, no problemo. And that the responsibility or cost of accelerating tomorrow's consumption to today will never come do....

Gosh, I wonder how average 'mericans ever reached such conclusions about debt?!

JIMI- do you remember when ol Ron-the STAR of "Bonzo goes to Washington" said if you piled a billion dollars one on top of the other and then climbed the pile you would get off on the MOON-now it's 5.95 Billion-that's beyond mars isn't it??-certainly BEYOND HOPE! Trade Safe!

Summation turned up again, McClellan back over zero.

http://stockcharts.com/charts/indices/McSumNYSE.html

Will this madness ever end??

Zero is not a signal line for McClellan Ozzy. Study the long term data. There are no buy or sell lines. Only buy and sell regions. Other indicators are needed to signal buy or sell when McClellan is in its buy or sell region.

Now wasn't today really something-the Friday before Memorial Day in the new Bull Market-WOOF-WOOF!  This thing looks like the last rites should be administered.  It is so overbought and lethargic, like the drunk hanging on to the lamp post slowly losing his grasp and readying himself for the face plant on the pavement.  I loved the INTC shareholders meeting where the shareholders voted down a resolution to expense options.  The reason-well -they said then the company wouldn't have any PROFITS> isn't reform frickin wonderful!  Trade Safe!

Brian, you're killin me! :lol:

I think I'll dong HOV as nice hedge to my shorts

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/streetoo...cker_symbol=HOV

Speculators think its coming down.

Nope, sorry, it'll keep going up.

Thanks for the support.

Nice looking funnymentals. 25% short interest, practically nil insider selling for 1 1/2 years. I'll bet there's some serious pain in that one with that short interest!

I think I'll dong HOV as nice hedge to my shorts

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/streetoo...cker_symbol=HOV

Speculators think its coming down.

Nope, sorry, it'll keep going up.

Thanks for the support.

Nice looking funnymentals. 25% short interest, practically nil insider selling for 1 1/2 years. I'll bet there's some serious pain in that one with that short interest!

10 days to cover...

I'll nail it on a pullback. Meantime div plays...

PVX

PDA

FBR

NFI kicking ass for me.

Great short hedges. Shorts (market) goes down and you still can make money in these. Makes holding short and waiting for the...

INEVITABLE BOWEL movement

...much easier to handle.

Who says you can't be long and short at the same time. I didn't see any rules out there to that effect. B)

Archived