The HedgeFund Economy

Keeping interest rates low?? I don't think so! The States biggest trading partner is NOT China it's my country Canada. We don't have a deficit we have a surplus-our rate hike was to stop inflationary pressures which is what the BOE hike was about. Our $ has come from below 62 cents to over 75 cents U.S. and parity in the next two years is not out of the question. Every rise in our $ means gas, oil, gold, timber, foodstuffs, etc costs the U.S. consumer more. Now Shrub would say its the cost of the war-baloney-our Navy has been on full deployment searching and interdicting shipping in the Gulf since the first Gulf War our Army in Afganistan is the largest non-American force-it is simply the DEFICIT and the continued mis managent. Californicate charged that british Columbia had gouged them for $280 million in the power crisis the Federal panel that investigated today exonerated British Columbia and castigated Californicate for false charges, Californicate immediately offered a 200 Million $ settlement you know how far that is going donja ya. Simply put the Gubmint has pissed the $'s away and as other currencies rise either Bushie raises rates or the $ becomes the Peso conversely if he raises rates a tidal wave of inflation will swamp us all- there IS as Hyper is fond of saying-NO WAY OUT! Trade Safe!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, regarding Putnam, I asked someone more knowledgeable than I tonight if this was going to a big deal due to low cash levels, etc.

The answer was proabably not if its just this fund. Thinks that pension funds will be paid in stock or given stock equal to the amount owed as restitution not in cash if there is a money crunch.

Never thought of that. Just assign marked to the market blocks of inventory.

Ag

brilliant commentary this evening...love this forum.

mark, your interpretation of the matrix is simply fascinating...genius

work day went way too long and I never had a chance to open oex puts.

waiting for a nice blowoff top to enter the matrix.

perhaps monday?

debka reports this morning that the capture of Sodamn Insane is clearly imminent.

perfect short opp, IMHO...Shrub captures/kills the *evil* one and market goes berzerk to the upside...Short the sheet out of the pop because that's all she wrote!

end game is within our grasp!

from an article on Belkin from Oct 20...

"A bear-market bounce in a stock index or commodity

from its 200-month average to its 200-week average, he

says, is relentless, takes about a year and ends with low

volatility -- all characteristic of the recent U.S. rally."

the word "relentless" struck a chord :P

that's such an apt description of this rally, eh?

i was catching up on favorite sites, and came across

it at:

http://home.flash.net/~rhmjr/c1022.html

thought it was really quite a good article. so many

similarities/confirmations of the stool outlook.

also a couple other articles of merit on that day's

page....including the Benson piece about making

coin on the "capital-flight" trade...

in the belkin article, i noted with surprise that NEM fits

the criteria for a stock likely to suffer big pullback. :blink:

I keep seeing all these "average Halloween expenditures" in the media.

I only spent a few dollars for some trick-or-treater candy this Halloween.

I am not spending the appropriate or average amount, apparently. ?:(

What's my problem?

I'm starting to think the candy purchase was really an excuse to chow down large quantities of "fun sized" 3 Muskateers bars... please get them away from me.

:lol: :lol:

it's the milky-way's that're killing ME...gaahh!

:P :P

What I really want figures on are egg and toilet paper (not the USD) expenditures for last night (aka mischief night, gate night, etc.).

a.p.b (all points bulletin)

a raging diabetes firestorm engulfing entire midwest----43 mideastern academic hookie players were arrested near vast dumping area,near gary indiana;sighted within walking distance of said corraled mideasterners ,not to be mistaken for midwesterners,were thousands of boxes of milk duds ,good and plenty,many coils of licorice, chocolate bottles filled with gin,boxes of wrigley gum in various states of masticatioon,baby ruths,chocolate filled burritos,marshmellow coated pork rinds and numerous other cuisines of mass destruction too horrible to be described--

Hundreds if not thoudsands of bepimpled youths were seen dervishing madly as the kinesthetic effects of sugar gorging dynamised their normally porcine lethargic bodies--gasping for air and begging for bottles of jolt the mobs of careening adolescents,pre-teenagers and babes of 3 & four years old descended upon local hospital emergency rooms demanding immediate treatment--

Last reports that thousands of irate citizens of normally tranquill Gary were ironically hurling frozen mars bars at the reckless glucose besotted dervishers while sirens could be heard in the far distance playing a police version of Jimi Hendrix's Star Spangeled Banner

more later

fabulatingly yours beardrech

I keep seeing all these "average Halloween expenditures" in the media.

I only spent a few dollars for some trick-or-treater candy this Halloween.

I am not spending the appropriate or average amount, apparently. ?:(

What's my problem?

I'm starting to think the candy purchase was really an excuse to chow down large quantities of "fun sized" 3 Muskateers bars... please get them away from me.

:lol: :lol:

it's the milky-way's that're killing ME...gaahh!

:P :P

What I really want figures on are egg and toilet paper (not the USD) expenditures for last night (aka mischief night, gate night, etc.).

a.p.b (all points bulletin)

a raging diabetes firestorm engulfing entire midwest----43 mideastern academic hookie players were arrested near vast dumping area,near gary indiana;sighted within walking distance of said corraled mideasterners ,not to be mistaken for midwesterners,were thousands of boxes of milk duds ,good and plenty,many coils of licorice, chocolate bottles filled with gin,boxes of wrigley gum in various states of masticatioon,baby ruths,chocolate filled burritos,marshmellow coated pork rinds and numerous other cuisines of mass destruction too horrible to be described--

Hundreds if not thoudsands of bepimpled youths were seen dervishing madly as the kinesthetic effects of sugar gorging dynamised their normally porcine lethargic bodies--gasping for air and begging for bottles of jolt the mobs of careening adolescents,pre-teenagers and babes of 3 & four years old descended upon local hospital emergency rooms demanding immediate treatment--

Last reports that thousands of irate citizens of normally tranquill Gary were ironically hurling frozen mars bars at the reckless glucose besotted dervishers while sirens could be heard in the far distance playing a police version of Jimi Hendrix's Star Spangeled Banner

more later

fabulatingly yours beardrech

lmao

My infallible Holloween Indicator, a scientific observation of the number of trick-or-treaters and quality of their costumes, signals a continuation of "let the good times roll" for consumers, and the economy through the holiday season.

My Halloween indicator has gone down steadily over the past few years. Of course getting home from work around 6 pm cuts off the bulk of the rick-or-treaters in Jersey City.

Oh, dear. It appears Igor hASS run off with a witch named NatASSha. He took BARE's instructions to "carry on" literally, it seems!!! The bats in BARE's belfry report that he wASS lASSt seen heading over the horizon with her on her broomstick, silhouetted against a full moon (_)_)...

This means that HRFF, suffering FURom a Halloween overdose of junk food, and, thereby being afflicted with Hyperactive Attention Deficit Disorder, is left to twirl the dials of the cardboard box by hisself.

The resultz may be simply monstrous.

Alex... "This raises an interesting question about brokerages, generally, Ive' been wondering about. How safe are they?"

Many of us are wondering this, especially about Brokerages in general. As you may know, many Brokerages are losing their supplimental Insurance coverage for accounts larger than $500,000. My acccount is with Charles Schwab, I phoned their Chairmans Office and it was confirmed to me that they will will end their $2.5MM coverage at the end of 2003 and insure accounts for $500,000 only. They said they are looking to replace their lost insurance, but I think things must be a lot more difficult getting it than they want known.

I know I will take out my Gold share certificates and others until I get within the Insurance limits.

More Bubble II evidence:

Competition was always fierce for a seat in Masa Takayama's Beverly Hills temple of sushi, Ginza Sushi-Ko. His delicacies were so exotic - one soup featured the sperm sacs of blowfish - that diners forgave the $300-a-person minimum. But Mr Takayama has gone really upmarket. He has closed his Beverly Hills site to move to New York, where his new restaurant is expected to be pricier: the chef is targeting an average bill of about $400-a-diner when he opens next year.

The east coast version of Ginza Sushi-Ko is just one example of a new wave of ultra high-end restaurants opening in New York City. Local food experts say they have not seen such a boom in New York restaurants in years - not even during the heady late 1990s.

The Idle Rich Cafe

The hubris -- they admit the dot-commers are gone, but claim that super-rich clientele who are "insulated from the economy" will continue to pay any price to be "seen at the right table." HA HA HA.

I'll take the other side of that bet ... SUCKERS.

p.s. That soup used to be featured at an upscale Chinese restaurant ... it was called "Cream of Sum Yung Man."

isnt it amazing that the higher the economic echelon the aspiring plutocracy seeks to occupy the lowwer the quality of their cuisine---

I mean where else do you order spermburbers,chocolate covered ants,prehistoric gorilla testicles,monkey brains,1000 yr olld dinosaur eggs,roof dessicated duck sprinkled with fly shit and other botulistic victuals--

These buffets of death so enamoured by the hordes of financially successful gourmandizers are essentially manifestations of guilt:the silent subterranean unconscious negation of all that they posess and are--

Their ill-gotten mounds of pelf and 6 meal a day anatomical bloatedness,stuffed and drained of energy, induces a sense that they are in violation of some cosmic principal--so

How does one allay these waves of overwhelming guilt without becoming a pitiable spectacle in front of their highandmighty peers?

By eating vast tonnages of exotic shit -from all corners of the earth--these scatophagous exertions meliorate the angst while his gourmandizing dazzles his friends into laughter inducing comments like,What a wonderful sense of taste he has"

Daddy how does a rich man keep his health?

answer:Son by abstinence and lots of exercise--in other words by living like a poor man

hopelessly yours beardrech

KILL DOC ONE (OR SHOULD THAT BE KILL DOC TWENTY TWO?)

With impecable timing Adam Hamiltons latest essay.

I hope and pray that you find Jesse Livermore?s awesome wisdom as exciting and valuable as I have!

(Chapter V) ? ?The customers, who were all eager to be shoved and forced into doing things so as to lay the blame for failure on others...?

In a wonderfully entertaining narrative about a battle-hardened and wealthy old speculator named Mr. Partridge, Jesse Livermore exposes one of the most dangerous character flaws a speculator can have, a lack of absolute personal accountability and responsibility. ?Unless a speculator takes full personal responsibility for all of the trades that he chooses to make, win, lose, or draw, he will never achieve great success.

Just as today, the majority of speculators back in Mr. Livermore?s time wanted to congenitally blame others for their own trades that turned sour. ?Rather than accepting the full weight of their own decisions, they desperately wanted their brokers or advisors to push them into trades so these speculators could avoid accepting the responsibility themselves for failed trades. ?Elsewhere Livermore talks about speculators perpetually blaming external manipulation for their own bad bets, another way of refusing to accept full responsibility for the fruits of their own actions.

Just like a child who never learns to be responsible, a speculator who cannot fully accept any possible outcome on any trade that he freely chose to make is doomed to immature mediocrity. ?If you or I use our own God-given brains and decide to execute on a particular trade, we cannot blame anyone else but ourselves if the trade doesn?t work out. ?It doesn?t matter where the information came from that led to the trade, it is ultimately the responsibility of the individual speculator who decided to execute on this information regardless of the outcome.

So before you freely choose to launch a trade, while you are gathering information and running reconnaissance, realize that you most hold yourself absolutely accountable for your own decision. ?If you win, great, congratulations and many kudos on another successful trade! ?If you lose however, the loss is your fault alone and your responsibility alone since you freely chose to make the trade.

Every speculator must always be ready to win or lose on each and every trade, and to fully accept responsibility for their own decisions always. ?Losses are simply part of this grand game and just have to be accepted, since no one but God can see the future before it happens. ?When you freely choose to pull the trigger on your own trade, the outcome is always 100% your own responsibility and no one else?s. ?If you cannot accept this truth, then you shouldn?t be speculating.

O how things never change.

Personnaly i blame doc for creating this site and not much else im afraid.

Archived