Daily Pms Discussion Forum Dec 9, 2002

In order to alleviate overcrowding and hopefully to direct people away from the one-stop-shop approach, I'm opening a daily discussion thread. Since I'm just getting out of bed when the AH is closing, I'll open this thread first thing every morning. I'll probably only have a few words to say up top. Let's try to post everything of interest here on a daily basis unless it is pertinent to one of the existing theme threads or possibly a new theme thread.

For a while I will include a link to here from M2M. Hopefully people will get the idea and we can get the Gold posts in one place where it will be easier to deal with this unique subject. Maybe, in this fashion, we can lure some of the pundits who lurk there to the outpost.

ThorAss

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BAA*BAA

ThorA$$ - great idea!

---> A couple of Aussie gold stocks I follow took a quick look to the upside this morning south-pacific time, but have settled back to Friday's close price. Maybe looking for some stronger direction. Am still anticipating a softer POG early this week.

---> Speaking of POG, GLD.FX1 (forex traded Gold) weakens $1 from $326.50 to $325.50 in the first 6 hours of trading. It'll be very interesting to see what happens when the big markets open.

I've always liked this POG chart - also note the free Chart Analyzer function (note - it's the Forex, not Comex)

BAA*BAA

I don't know, I don't particularly feel like writing about Germaine Greer.

But if you want to keep things germane to precious metals, what a great idea.

By the way Thor, the link you posted at M2M dumped me over to the "start a new thread" page -- you might want to change it to link here. :rolleyes:

6:25 am NY time - POG around 325 and Uncle Buck 105.25 on kitco below.

Don't know bout ya'll but I read http://www.feargreed.com for whatever its worth today's edition has this:

XAU (Gold Index)

The gold stocks put in a powerful rally, gaining 12.48%, largely influenced by hawkish soundings by Bush on Iraq. Bullion rallied more than $9 and double-topped at the September high, with February gold touching resistance at $330. Last week we wrote ??(the XAU) is within striking distance of putting in good bottom?our VDI can turn possibly?this week??

In fact, the rally produced a radical improvement in out VDI, and is now set to turn bullish at next major low.

Unless, a dramatic deterioration occurs in the inspections that are going on in Iraq, we expect no real follow-through in gold at this point.

The XAU slightly penetrated the 71 level. Gains should be harder to come by, unless the previously

mentioned deterioration occurs. Therefore, we are set up for a potential bearish Weekly Squat next week, and a correction towards an important bottom.

So, it appears inspections give us the edge and Shrub is a gold bugs friend. Hmmmmmmmmm.

holding AEM, GLG, Drooy

On Marketviews.tv Larry katz is concentrating on going long only PM.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$hui,uu[m,a]daclyyay[dc][pd21,2!c200!f][vc60][ilh14,3!la3,6,7].gif

Is this the PMS thread?

My wife has that. What about you guys?

Maybe you stoolie ladies can give your view. Help the stoolmen to have greater understanding of this problem.

Many tanks and dungs a lot to ThorAss for opening this important subject for discussion on a daily basis.

Which reminds me, how is your speech therapy coming, Thor? And how's your brother George? :P :lol: :grin:

Intraday gold: great idea. How about a link at the top of the front page to make it easier to get to?

My thinking: we broke out of an ABCDE triangle on the XAU last week. The initial move out, which establishes the new trend, is over. That's a little wave 1.

The wave 2 counter-trend correction has begun. It could go as low as 64 or so because of the gap down there, but I doubt we'll drop that far.

Another day or two of fall-off would provide an opportunity to buy more gold stocks, IMO, as the wave 3 that's ahead could be unusually powerful.

I like RGLD, an amazing chart pattern, way ahead of the rest of the crowd.

Archived