B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 5

Moon square Jupiter and Moon sextile Venus earlier this morning were good for a brief futures pop, that has already given it all back.

Probably down into Sun trine Neptune at 11 am. I on the fence as to whether a decline accelreates into Mercury conjunct Sun and Moon square Mars in the afternoon, or reverses.

13 day cycle proxy, 105 minute DeadCharts bars, look ready to roll.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cousin Earl $50.91 and rising...

I see Dick Cheney throwing a big lever to shut in another 500,000 bbl/day ... then giving a "thumbs up" to the media ...

Hey, at $1.21 a gallon, crude oil is still cheaper than beer, you whiners. :lol:

Too bad, given that copious amounts of beer are about the only thing that could get most people to vote for him and his "mate". :P

Good Morning Crew -Min-Metals projected take over of Noranda has hit a pot hole in the road as I thought it might. The papers this morning are full of articles as quite a coalition of disparate groups is coming together against it. Nationalists, Unions, a few Pols and Amnesty International among them. I have to say I am not comfortable with it either, it will be interesting to see where this goes. As I said last night this is not a market friendly Astro day-so Helmets on, Buckle up, window at the Bell for 30 minutes. ;)

I see Dick Cheney throwing a big lever to shut in another 500,000 bbl/day ... then giving a "thumbs up" to the media ...

Hey, at $1.21 a gallon, crude oil is still cheaper than beer, you whiners. :lol:

Too bad, given that copious amounts of beer are about the only thing that could get most people to vote for him and his "mate". :P

Beer is a renewable resource though--at east the grains and water it is brwed from. :lol:

Beer is a renewable resource though--at east the grains and water it is brwed from. :lol:

No kidding ... reminds me of that Ozzie expression --

"Fancy a tin of PISS, mate?" :lol:

Guest yobob1
Outside of a very few in Congress, most will not make the connection between inflation and its roots - deficit spending and the prior expansion of the monetary base by the Fed.

Ah the key words "prior expansion". And to MH, I think we've already seen the effects of some "unconventional measures" and, yawn, I'm not impressed. Like I said all bluster and no bark. All that yammering on the study on Japan and how they learned how to avoid it is bullshit. All they really came up with is the catch phrase "unconventional measures" and the prayer that the "fear" of said measures would be enough to do the job. You would have thought Japan would have latched onto that paper and said "Aha! Now we know how to fix it." Haven't seen that happening have we?

Fractional reserve banking at this stage of the game demands exponential growth of the credit bubble which is the real monetary base. The hissing of the leakage is about to become a deafening roar as the pinholes connect and become a major gash. I'm not saying today or tommorrow but a whole hell of lot sooner than most expect. Collapses don't start at bottoms and I can assure you we are nowhere near a bottom in anything. As summer turned to fall in 1929, all was well..........

As the summer of 1930 came around the recovery was assured and the plateau of economic prosperity had almost been regained. Then the wheels fell off as the fundamentals of excessive lending to the unqualified revealed why you don't do that.

DJ Challenger: US Sep Job Cuts 107,863, Up 45% From Aug

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--The number of job cuts announced in September jumped 45% from August and 41% from September 2003 to 107,863, Challenger, Gray & Christmas said Tuesday.

The biggest job losses were in the computer, transportation, telecommunications and consumer products industries, the group said.

The number of announced hirings in September, meanwhile, was 16,166 compared with 132,105 in August.

September's job cuts bring third-quarter layoffs to a total of 251,585, a 19.9% rise from the second quarter and 4% higher than the third quarter of 2003.

"Historically, the period from September 1 through December 31 is when we see the heaviest downsizing and this year appears to be on track to repeat that trend," said John Challenger, chief executive officer of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, in a statement.

"The return to six-figure job-cut levels paints a grim picture for ongoing economic growth, as such activity is generally considered a measure of how companies view future business conditions," he said.

Dow Jones Newswires

Archived