INTEL Imminent

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

1. Birdwatchers are ususally Company.

2. The Military. The Military always have been, and always will be, Respected by all Real Americans. Violence is as American as Apple Pie. There is No Substitute on Earth for Real Bravery. None. All Real Americans know this instinctively, just as all Real Americans know that Man does not live by bread alone. The Birdwatchers are equal to the Very Best in the Military, and often beyond. Thimk!

3. Then, a Link to this board's foundations. Thimk! http://www.zerohedge.com/article/recycling-old-girlfriends

Never Give In!

jickiss!!!!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off topic. This post is certainly not meant to flame or enrage people, but is a genuine query.

John Mauldin has apparently called amongst other things for a 5% cut across the board in government spending, but says that military spending should be exempt.

One thing fascinates me as a non-US citizen.

I have been roaming around the bearish message boards for around 8 years now, and find them in all respects but one to be populated by people who tend not to buy into group-think and who show a highly developed tendency to think for themselves.

However, when it comes to the US military this tendency to eschew the conventional wisdom totally vanishes. Under no circumastances must the military in general or the people who serve in it be held up to any critism. All military folk are heroes and should be worshipped as such.

Rather than comprising a heroic group of selfless wonderwomen and supermen, it seems to me that a lot of military folk are in the military so as to gain access to aspects of society (tertiary education, health care) from which they would otherwise priced out. So my cynical viewpoint is that there is a stealth draft in effect providing fodder for the elite.

Why should a reduction of 5% across the board in government related spending exclude the military?? Why are the military and the people that serve in the military regarded as being so sacrosanct? As an outsider I am totally baffled. The absolute and percentage amounts spent on military in the US are vast, and if anything the more rational call is to disproportionately cull miltary spending - so cut 10% there compared to 5% elsewhere in govt spending.

The US spends as much on it's military annually as does the rest of the world combined, approximately. Then there are 30 or so intelligence outfits which nobody knows how much the cost is. These are the costs of empire and they cannot be questioned. A large plurality of Americans define patriotism in terms of military might and do not question it. These beliefs are entwined with American exceptionalism, the belief that America is histories, or Gods, chosen nation destined to shape the world.

The entirety of our elites support endless and unlimited military deployments and actions because of either the previously mentioned beliefs, or because of monetary or political self interest, or out of fear of being seen as weak.

Americas gigantic military and intelligence structures are histories greatest examples of big government and government power yet are seen as outside of government. A cognitive disconnect easily seen by you but impossible for Americans to discern. They are seen not as government but as the very embodiment of nationhood. Which is a definition of militarism, which has relentlessly come to define American politics and the trend continues apace. I half expect our next and probably most future presidents to come out of the military. General Petraeus perhaps becoming our first Caesar.

Intel Corporation, according to this the share price fell in the very last minute. 129,900 shares traded. I guess it's a misprint ?

Oct. 13, 2009 Market Close: $ 20.49

After Hours Last: $ 20.40

Nasdaq quote

post-7504-1255485112_thumb.png

One of the pigmen probably did it on purpose so they can watch the Yahoo forum spend the next 11 hours swearing at each other...

A large plurality of Americans define patriotism in terms of military might and do not question it. These beliefs are entwined with American exceptionalism, the belief that America is histories, or Gods, chosen nation destined to shape the world.

Yep, that was exactly how I was brainwashed as a kid. Luckily, I was the curious sort, and eventually figured out what a crock it all was.

Sadly, far too many still believe that fairy tale, which will end soon enough, as all far flung empires always do.

jickiss is back!

3. Then, a Link to this board's foundations. Thimk! http://www.zerohedge.com/article/recycling-old-girlfriends

Never Give In!

jickiss!!!!!!!

Or recycling old shtick?

A new audience for Mark's old reruns. :) I think he has a secret thing for Kathie Lee. :lol:

It WAS fun the first time around.

Now... eh... not so much.

I'm glad I wasn't watching the tape today. Hope it stays dull until I get back to work.

I listened to Bloomberg Radio all day. Other than Tom Kean in the morning, pretty much a cesspool of inanity. I wanted to vomit when they had the Apple tout on for half an hour. Give it a break.

Heading for DC and the Autotrain tomorrow.

10/13/08.....Intel 16.99

10/13/09....Intel 21.40

It's all how you spin it....not one person on the devil channel mentioned any of these comparisons....sure it was a better quarter and margins were good but the puddles left on the floor of the cnbs studio were a little extreme....

STELLAR RESULTS

Intel reported a net profit in its third quarter ended September 26 of $1.9 billion, or 33 cents per share, compared with $2.01 billion, or 35 cents per share, a year earlier.

Revenue fell 7.8 percent in the third quarter to $9.4 billion from $10.2 billion a year ago, but surpassed the $9.06 billion expected by anal cysts on Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Integrated circuit maker Linear Technology Corp, which also reported earnings on Tuesday, was less positive on a broad economic recovery. Despite beating Street expectations for revenue and profit, causing its shares to rise slightly after-hours, the company remained cautious and said that the financial effects of the global recession are certainly not over and continue to impact many of its customers.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Intel-glides...ml?x=0&.v=5

LMFAO!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just went over there and sure as sheet...it was all about "the Print"......which by the way showed up on my quotes....even got a Lost Money Recap...

If only they knew what I thought if groucho, eddie, PT1, the token chick, and the "most breathless CC call pumper I have ever seen"...Goldfinger....the mops were busy after this show.....

From Thunderdome.....

INTC from fast money 2 minutes ago

Guy Adami called it a "fantastic" quarter, adding it will be interesting to see Goldman Sachs' evaluation of the report. He said investors can now take Intel's closing price at $20.50 as the new support level for the stock.

Joe Terranova said investors can use Intel's earnings report to line up the market going forward. He said said the report signifies the PC upgrade cycle is "for real."

Pete Najarian said Intel's earnings was not just a beat, but a resounding "crush." He said the chipmaker's is saying that its entire portfolio is doing well and not just notebooks.

Karen Finerman said Intel's aggressive guidance of revenue growth and gross-margin expansion is "great for the stock."

Jim Goldman, CNBC reporter, said Intel is enjoying significant success in China and the emerging markets with its concept of low-cost notebooks. Moreover, he said the chipmaker showed it can increase sales without sacrificing margins.

Dollar loses reserve status to yen & euro

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/doll...170F8D6530791C5

B.S. Bernanke's dollar crisis went into a wider mode yesterday as the greenback was shockingly upstaged by the euro and yen, both of which can lay claim to the world title as the currency favored by central banks as their reserve currency.

Over the last three months, banks put 63 percent of their new cash into euros and yen -- not the greenbacks -- a nearly complete reversal of the dollar's onetime dominance for reserves, according to Barclays Capital. The dollar's share of new cash in the central banks was down to 37 percent -- compared with two-thirds a decade ago.

Currently, dollars account for about 62 percent of the currency reserve at central banks -- the lowest on record, said the International Monetary Fund.

The empire slowly starts to slip away...

Archived