Bring it on, Douche Bags

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Douche Bag Phenomena

Flash:

All over the world, reports are coming in regarding a new phenomenon related to Douche Bags.

In New York City and Washington, known as the twin capitols of Douche Bags, stores are reporting an unprecedented surge in Douche Bag sales.

?It?s just incredible?, said Lacy Underalls, a spokesperson for Private Parts Pharmaceuticals. ?People are just filling their carts! We can?t keep up with the demand. There is massive hoarding!?

Meanwhile, the same situation is being reported around the world, from London, Brussels, Beijing and even little known Undrflushalot Norway.

There are even reports of roving mobs, lobbing gasoline filled Douche Bags at the residences of wealthy financial oligarchs.

Developing:

The situation appears to have started on a web site known as the Capital Stool, with a posting by Dr Stool and a subsequent taunt to ?Bring it on, Douche Bags?.

God help us all.

don't they call it Bear's Capitulation? and if they do, don't the usually happen near a top of some kind?

and a week ago, over the weekend, I was 100% long and sitting in fear now .... again in fear cause I am short.

Ditto. Nicely put.

Hell, last weekend I was posting targets of 780 for this rally (which wasn't even a rally yet, all we did was close flat), and that seemed so ridiculously optimistic that I started doubting my own work.

Now I'm looking for at least a short term top in the near future, and I'm doubting my work again. This rally looks like it will never end. I'm feeling so bullish, I'm thinking of writing a book called Dow 10,000! Maybe Jetlag could get some hats printed for me...

Obama met with Paul Volcker this afternoon. Afterward he had a speech and press conference. The tone was interesting, it seems that the reality of the situation is starting to hit home in the oval office...

U.S. Has the Capacity to Prosper, Obama and Volcker Say

By DAVID STOUT

Published: March 13, 2009

WASHINGTON ? As the markets clung to the gains of the past few days, President Obama reiterated his optimism for the long haul on Friday, while warning that a lot of work lies ahead to unclog credit streams and rebuild the economy.

?We are spending every day working through how to get credit flowing again, so that businesses large and small, as well as consumers, are able to obtain credit and we can get this economy moving again,? the president said after meeting at the White House with his economic recovery advisory board, headed by Paul A. Volcker.

But the president said that free-flowing credit is only one treatment for economic ailments a long time in the making. Others, he said, are the just-enacted stimulus package and, more broadly, ?some long-term financial regulatory work,? adding that Mr. Volcker, a former Federal Reserve chairman, has a range of ideas about the regulatory issue.

Moreover, the president said, the United States cannot act in isolation, but must ?do some coordination with other countries.?

Link to watered down NYTimes story

Link to watered down NewsMax story..

Link to a song with lyrics "Suck it up and tough it out, be the best you can..."

The video...

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRdoe0GMIA.swf

Ditto. Nicely put.

Hell, last weekend I was posting targets of 780 for this rally (which wasn't even a rally yet, all we did was close flat), and that seemed so ridiculously optimistic that I started doubting my own work.

Now I'm looking for at least a short term top in the near future, and I'm doubting my work again. This rally looks like it will never end. I'm feeling so bullish, I'm thinking of writing a book called Dow 10,000! Maybe Jetlag could get some hats printed for me...

I feel the same way. Over last weekend, I posted a 60 min. qqqq chart with severely Dover Sole linears and pos. rsi divergence that forewarned of this blast. I felt like a douche because it went directly against sentiment - I was doubting myself. Now, with the arse blast in full force and evidence that a pullback is due, I am fighting the same feelings. But this has nothing to do with me being a real douche, though. I was born a douche and will die a douche; I am just a douche. Douche - is that french?

Ditto. Nicely put.

Ha, I believed in your 780 :)

Not in a position to even properly debate EW, not in my toolset. The alternate counts would give me multiple personalities.

As for doubting, go with your gut.

they'll showgoose the Dow and backslap each other in D.C. in front of the cameras to "prove" the stimulus is working

they'll trot out one jackass after another to lie on TV

they'll bailout and handout and redistribute slices of a shrinking pie

they'll organize temporary gov't chain gangs to build roads to nowhere

but net net, there will be no new real jobs created in this eCONomy for years

no new real wealth

it will all be fake

real wealth will continue to decline year after year

and that's the way they want it

Well the DoucheBags running Sacramento really blew it... they didn't cut enough, as predicted on this very board. If the 'bags had been reading capitalstool.com, they would have known to cut 50 or 60 billion from the budget this year.

Reporting from Sacramento -- The plan that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and lawmakers approved last month to fill California's giant budget hole has already fallen out of balance with a projected $8-billion shortfall, the Legislature's nonpartisan budget anal cyst said Friday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

After analyzing recent data showing rapidly rising unemployment and lower-than-expected economic growth, Legislative anal cyst Mac Taylor said the state is on track to have even less money than lawmakers anticipated in February. State leaders said then that they had ended the fiscal crisis through $42 billion in lowered spending, increased taxes, borrowing and accounting shifts.

How about some real cuts this time douchebags?

It took em eight months to come up with that budget, and after only a few weeks they are behind the curve again. I think they are behind the IQ bell curve too, like in the 50's. :lol: :lol:

post-2460-1237002160_thumb.png

Well the DoucheBags running Sacramento really blew it... they didn't cut enough, as predicted on this very board. If the 'bags had been reading capitalstool.com, they would have known to cut 50 or 60 billion from the budget this year.

Reporting from Sacramento -- The plan that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and lawmakers approved last month to fill California's giant budget hole has already fallen out of balance with a projected $8-billion shortfall, the Legislature's nonpartisan budget anal cyst said Friday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

After analyzing recent data showing rapidly rising unemployment and lower-than-expected economic growth, Legislative anal cyst Mac Taylor said the state is on track to have even less money than lawmakers anticipated in February. State leaders said then that they had ended the fiscal crisis through $42 billion in lowered spending, increased taxes, borrowing and accounting shifts.

How about some real cuts this time douchebags?

It took em eight months to come up with that budget, and after only a few weeks they are behind the curve again. I think they are behind the IQ bell curve too, like in the 50's. :lol: :lol:

And from the same article:

Beyond the short-term problems, Taylor also projected a grim long-term fiscal outlook for the state, with a $12.6-billion shortfall emerging by mid-2011 and growing to $26 billion three years later.

"Given these budgetary pressures, the state could experience recurring cash flow pressures in the coming months and years," Taylor wrote.

jeez, it's getting like that everywhere now, isn't it?

Who woulda thunk it?

:blink:

jeez, it's getting like that everywhere now, isn't it?

Why yes it is...

? Of the 34 states projecting FY 2010 gaps, all except for Colorado, North Carolina

and Oklahoma expect them to exceed 5 percent of their general fund budgets. In 24

states the gaps are projected to exceed 10 percent of their general fund budgets, with

four of these above 20 percent.

? Of the 24 states forecasting double-digit gaps in FY 2010, the largest are in Nevada

(37.6 percent) Arizona (28.2 percent), New York (24.3 percent), California (22.3

percent), Louisiana (19.8 percent), Washington (18.5 percent) and Hawaii (18.0

percent).

? Eight states that previously did not report FY 2010 gaps now report them. They are

Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas

and Utah. Of these states, Oklahoma and Texas are the only ones not reporting a

FY 2009 shortfall.

? Sixteen states and Puerto Rico currently are not forecasting FY 2010 budget gaps.

Of these, however, eleven states and Puerto Rico note budget problems in FY 2009.

? In 16 states, the projected gap for FY 2010 has risen since November. The forecast

is unchanged in eight states and two report lower gaps. The two states with lower

gaps?Florida and South Carolina?note that actions taken to resolve FY 2009

budget problems also helped lower the FY 2010 shortfall.

NCSL

That other board, is now like reading the 12 Step program. We are now in Acceptance of mistakes (chorts from below 700??) and of course the guru is great. The trader made the mistake.

:lol: Nice.

I'm still trying to decipher this post from Atilla the Nun:

Market precisely topped out in the range of 720-750.

I started shorting SP at 720 upto 750 as I indicated two days ago.

I expect the next swing low below SPX 600, although we may not get there by next Friday.

Posted by Atilla M. Demiray at 3/13/2009 09:23:00 AM 499 Comments

First of all, it's a bit of an assumption to say the market has "topped out" when we haven't even broken the uptrend yet. Second of all, I would not call a close of 756.55 "precisely" in the range of 720-750. In fact... wait, let me punch some numbers into my calculator... yeah, I would have to say that 756.55 is actually precisely OUTSIDE the range of 720-750. Sounds like someone's bad at math!

http://xtrends.blogspot.com/

Archived