The PigMen Pinnacle

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many HedgeFunds bought into the Perfect Storm theory?

How many HedgeFunds bought into the Peak Oil nonsense?

How many HedgeFunds shorted consumer discretionary due to the impending housing collapse?

How many HedgeFunds gamed an October crash?

How many HedgeFunds gamed a 4-year cycle top?

Here's 5-years worth of tape action. Where is the 4-year cycle top in this chart?

2000&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=348&mocktick=1

Does anyone have the current % of cash that are in equity only mutual funds? It must be at a record % low.

According to sentimentrader.com, the nominal cash level at mutual funds is about 4.25%, close to an all-time low.

They also have a Mutual Fund Cash Surplus/Deficit chart which is a bit complicated but a good indicator of the mutual fraud's cash position from an historical basis. Currently, it is at -3. The only other times it has been this low over the past 50 years were in 1972-1973, 1981 and Jan 2000.

The Dow dropped 50% b/w 73-74, dropped 27% b/w 81-82, and 40% b/w 00-02.

FYI.

post-2169-1160781919_thumb.jpg

How can a Guy who is almost always wrong continue to sound so confident?

http://www.safehaven.com/article-6090.htm

I think Safehaven does a great job of presenting a wide variety of views from numerous anal cysts, commentators, and money managers. But the one thing all the writers have in common is that they are regularly giving away their opinions to everyone for free.

What's that worth?

Energy very weak.

Either the move in the XLE and OIH today is a throwover, or it could be the beginning of a turn.

Too early to tell, but its doubtful that these can keep dive bombing without a reaction.

I bet you could line up that chart of DROOY and unleaded gas and see some correlation at some point! :lol:

Bought PEIX and GG this morning. So far so good but I refuse to give up gains. QLD has been a nice winner. No worries of 15% shankings or downgrades. Great for a small portion of the port.

I have some RIMM Nov 125 calls. I wonder if they have a shot? The puts got blown out. What a waste.

How can a Guy who is almost always wrong continue to sound so confident?

http://www.safehaven.com/article-6090.htm

I think Safehaven does a great job of presenting a wide variety of views from numerous anal cysts, commentators, and money managers. But the one thing all the writers have in common is that they are regularly giving away their opinions to everyone for free.

What's that worth?

Good point Doc.

I should add, Welcome to Mark to Market! Many tanks to Mark for leading this great forum, and to all our regular and not so regular contributors who anonymously provide some of the best investing and trading insight anywhere on the web, just because!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well. Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. To keep out spammers and scammers, I'll send you an email with a few Monty Python type questions. Just reply with your answers, and I'll approve your registration as soon as I receive your reply.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

P.S. To be fair to WSE subscribers, I don't give away the content in the WSE Pro for free. I ask you to try a risk free trial. Check out the content for a month, and if you don't think it can help you, let me know, and I'll give you back your subscription payment.

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. Click here for more information.

NEW! Unbundled subscription service packages starting from as low as $39! Subscribe NOW!

Archived