South American Exotics

jickiss is back!

and

Dear Machine Head:  the 367 MACD says that the gimmick is over.  yessss. it is over!

tol:nem.    ring ring ring ring ring, ring my bell!  (was that in a chapter, Machine Head???)

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

the Sign:

Wow, jickiss.

It is a cosmic coincidence, for sure.

My 'Fannie Mae : West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil' chart (inspired by jickiss's inspired 'ratiocinations') HIT A NEW THREE-YEAR LOW TODAY.

In macro terms, this ratio is 'Leveraged Finance : Crude Earl.' And Crude Earl is winning, big.

Fannie be in bad trouble. Her brother Freddie is bad sick. Maybe Mister Market too. :o

One of the institutional Fund Managers that acquired a large Fannie Fubar block a week or so ago:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/...0&e=4&ncid=1007

MUNCH ON THIS, STOOLPID HEDGEHOG BAGHOLDER :lol:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice try overshot, but I don't think the market's going to forget a $1/2 billion shelf registration, even if you release the news on a Fri after the close:

Overstock.com files $500 mln mixed shelf

A shelf filing after the market closes on Friday before a three day weekend.

Classic.

Was there ever a day the crooks weren't in charge of Wall Street?

Update on L.A. Real Estate:

Remember Edgar, my loan assistant who made an offer on a $410,000 house here in L.A.?

The 1,600 sq. ft. stucco box in the worst section of L.A.?

This guy is now paying $585/mo. in rent and he was going to "upgrade" to a house where is mortgage payment would be $2,100/mo.

Well, he lost the house.

The original offer was $410,000.

He bid $415,000.

Another guy bid $418,000.

He said he would pay no more than $420,000, so after a few days, he raised his offer to $420,000.

Another buyer came in and offered $424,000.

He panicked, and said he didn't want to lose the house, so he caved in and bid $425,000.

Another couple came in and bid $428,000.

During this whole process, there were 14 parties bidding on this house.

Edgar said he couldn't stomach a $425,000+ price tag, so he let the thing go to the other buyers.

Now he's in a cold sweat.

Now he knows that he will have to pay up to get the next home that comes up.

He's still kicking himself for not buying the home he found last year for $355,000.

I talked him out of it.

Needless to say, by taking my advice, he now has to spend another $80,000 for a stucco box.

FWIW.......

No wonder the HGX is not falling yet................

The Goldilocks years are over

Australia will have to get used to years of stunted growth and higher interest rates as the economy hits the limits of its productive capacity, the Reserve Bank governor, Ian Macfarlane, has warned.

Mr Macfarlane's alert foreshadows the end of Australia's dream run as the so-called "Goldilocks economy" - one that is neither too hot nor too cold, economists say.

The housing boom had diverted investment away from productive businesses and infrastructure including water, power and port facilities, he said. "In this country we have an incentive system that directs what I believe is a disporportionate of our investment resources into housing."

imagine what would happen if greenspin ever said the above :P

jickiss is back!

and

Dear MM: for sure, it is dangerous to give advice grounded in Reason in an Insane World Gone Bad.

your story (better told, but the numbers are kind of the same) is like your jickiss' telling Tony to buy GG. But, your jickiss told Tony NOT TO USE MARGIN, AS HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND RISK.

of course, Tony managed to lose over $100,000 by now, and your jickiss gets the feeling that Tony would like to....., well, never mind.

All have been conditioned to Believe in the Real Estate Religion. In Fact, Tony is in the Real Estate Business, mainly in PA, where he owns hundreds of houses, and is constantly dealing. All over the state. From York to Chester, PGH to Scranton. Drives around with his partner in a Late Model Jeep, on Buying Expedtions. Has made real good coin. No mony worries for those two.

If you ever sit down with virtually Anybody these days, and try to explain that they have lived through the greatest Bull Market in Bond Prices in History, (when measured against the Volume of Outstanding Bonds), which began in 1980-1982, and which is about to END, their eyes will Glaze over, and, in your heart you will know well that they are thinking something like this: "Wow, this jickiss is really a Dummie, and is So Stupid because anybody must be a Real jickiss not to know that REAL ESTATE ALWAYS GOES UP."

you also get the distinct feeling that "They Feel Sorry For You," or whatever.

Marky Mark = A Subject of Pity! wow.

When Real Estate Drops, (and this is coming Very Shorty), All Hell Will Break Loose.

say nothing to anyone, other that to the Board Memebers.

Subscirbe to The Wall Street Examiner.

Hold Fast.

Never Let your true and real Friends down.

it is too late for anything else.....

Got this brochure from KBH

offering starter homes

from the low $300,000's

landscaping will run me another $40,000

and there's aSSociation fees

but still,

I jumped at the chance!

I'm somewhere in the first 100 on the waiting list

gonna be rich!

:lol:

post-257-1108775128_thumb.jpg

nobody wanted my lousy 100 GOOG again this month :(

the 200 call expired AGAIN

so I sold ANOTHER one for next month

only got 7.70 this time versus 9.40 last time

seems like the call buyers' appetite for the Giggler is diminishing

who will rid me of these tiresome shares? :P

jickiss is back!

and

Dear Shorty: oopps, did you omit the other jpg that includes the picture of the "Tree that will Grow to the Sky" in the front yard of that great Real Estate Offering????

tol, 10 years, from the Ameriturd chart system. nice. nothing inherently risky here, Beazer trades at a higher price per share, wattsa matter wit ya???? Scared? jickiss is scared, but jickiss is a Moron. jickiss is so Dumb, jickiss does not think that Real Estate Will Go Up Forever. What a Dummie!!!!

tol---->

post-1911-1108775618_thumb.gif

jickiss is back!

and

Dear M2Mers: your jickiss seems to recall that MM himself advised us to watch JPM for Clues or Signs of weakening. your jickiss seems to recall that the 37 level was deemed to be significant, or of significance, in MMs view.

be that as it may, it looks like JPM is getting weaker here, and could develop some downside momentum.....

anybody hear anything? any sounds of tolling????

JPM, longer term is getting weaker and weaker and ----->

post-1911-1108776169_thumb.gif

told my mortgage borker I was OK with the loan terms

zero down, interest only 5-year ARM 3.99%

got pre-approved for $340,000

but I asked him if he could find any cheaper places

in case I didn't make it to the top of the waiting list on the first one

told him I'd really like to find something in the low $200,000's

and it had to have a lawn

a nice green grass yard

it took him awhile

but he did find one available