Fed Bullhorning

No commentary today.

Too exhausted from watching all the hysterics today.

Took a big beating in the account also.

All I can say is Hats Off to the Central Bankers.

Intervention, Bullhorning, Jawboning.

Never seen so much of it in one day.

Some say the Fed is scared. I don't think so. I think the Fed is cocky, and manipulation has become so easy, so successful, its now a "game" to them to see how much they can push the market one way or the other.

John Law II, Bernanke, Fukui, all have proved to be bigger than the markets.

Congratulations.

I have a rule when gold drops more than $10 in one session.

I must go to the coin shop and buy more yellow metal. So that's where I'm going right now.

Eff The Matrix.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too exhausted from watching all the hysterics today.

Wndy, active traders had to feel like they just spent a night in the county jail with Bubba and Bruno today...

Looking at TASR's intra day action it probably fully funded 1000 1 year olds college tuition at Harvard in future dollars, caused 8000 divorces, sent 10000 to the suicide hotline, fully bankrupted 5000 stopped out sheeple who were in at 65, increased sales of Phillips Plasma 42 inch tv's 50 fold at Best Buy and allowed 6000 people to pay cash for 750k home's in Stonebridge in the span of 6 hours....

Ag

Guest libertas
John Law II, Bernanke, Fukui, all have proved to be bigger than the markets.

Congratulations.

Yes but they have not proved to be bigger than the economy (the real economy). And it will have the last word, in its own way.

Probably a million man march of jobless on DC.

Errrrr... I think The Street is looking at those huge weekly and daily reversal formations in the USD Index, Euro and Yen.... and gold/gold shares of course. I'm preparing for a continuation of the unwinding of the most overcrowded trades in almost 20 years... Too many USD shorts al over the place.... in the Chicago Merc we had a 19 year high in Long Yen / SHort USD positions.... same goes for almost anything that is inversely correltaed to the USD.... even if we only get a modest unwinding of these positions, those trades are just so overcrowded at this point that it could get ugly. In any case, The Street is already talking about the USD decline being in its final 5th wave of its current decline.... we could get a significant upwards correction before the downtrend resumes....

Careful with the Kerry factor.... players beginning to price in what would happen to the deficit in case of a Democrat winning in Oct.

I think it pays to be a bit cautious here.

You think Bernanke makes that kinda coin? He's a public servant ya know.... :ph34r:

I've never thought of Fed Gov's as public servants. I thought he worked for a bank. Am I wrong?

And what's with Greenspan's comments that everyone just needs to be retrained? I thought we were outsourcing high paying/high skilled jobs like programmers, engineers, accountants, economists (ok, maybe high skilled is a stretch there).

Oh and, I'm amazed the market bounced so much today - breadth stunk.

Careful with the Kerry factor.... players beginning to price in what would happen to the deficit in case of a Democrat winning in Oct.

Sudaca, the odd thing is, in recent history, deficits seem to be bigger under Republicans than Democrats. (Though at this point in time, I don't think anyone can fix it)

Sudaca, the odd thing is, in recent history, deficits seem to be bigger under Republicans than Democrats. (Though at this point in time, I don't think anyone can fix it)

Was assuming that is what sudaca meant - Dem = smaller gov't deficit, stronger USD.

CHECK out the sell volume on DIA today.. this is the monster break Tom O'B is talking about... his guest Basel thinks $OEX has made double top (S&P 100)... US$ may rally to low .90s pullbacka and get weak and fail to go to another high..

may take some time to build strength in miners to go up again...

i'm looking at 200MA line for all miners... XAU failed to rally at a key time this Feb 2004... tech indicators favoured a move but price failure so we are likely to suffer a downdraft in miners...

post-7-1077313134.png

Woooooooooowwwwwzzzzzaaaaaa.....closed all my puts today at 1140 for about a 14 pt 1 week gain....did take a hit in the pms.....but not to worry....look at the huge pos d setting up on the daily charts

PNF charts pointing much higher for gold, xau and the hui

We traced out waves 1 and 2 this week on the pms and next week should zoom higher once wave three begins....TRADE SAFE

My guess is some rich Republican is going to magically enrich Ralph Nader in the event he decides to run as an Independent. Bush needs Nader to spoil the Kerry chances.

Archived