The John Law Prosperity Trade

And to top off a bizarre evening of news.....I see this pass my wire..

(REUTERS) UPDATE 5-Bush attacks Cuba and other Latin America rivals

(Adds Bush quotes, protest march, Bush meeting with Lula)

By Kieran Murray

MONTERREY, Mexico, Jan 12 (Reuters) - U.S. President George

W. Bush told Latin Americans on Monday they had a "God-given

right" to freedom in a sharp attack on Cuba's Fidel Castro and

other rivals in a region where anti-U.S. sentiment is rising.

Bush patched up his friendship with Mexican President

Vicente Fox earlier on Monday after a year of disputes over the

Iraq war, but he had only stern words for other Latin American

leaders who have fallen foul of Washington.

Speaking at a 34-nation summit of leaders across the

Americas, Bush singled out Cuban President Fidel Castro for his

toughest condemnation.

"Through our democratic example, we must continue to stand

with the brave people of Cuba, who for nearly half a century

have endured the tyrannies and repression," Bush said at the

summit's inaugural ceremony.

"Dictatorship has no place in the Americas. We must all

work for a rapid, peaceful transition to democracy in Cuba," he

said.

Well,they're already going after Chavez so why not one of his buddies?

Problem with Chavez is he's democratically elected,so Fidel is an easier target.

"The US government should accept that thetime of cowardly governments on this continent, subordinated to the dictates of Washington is coming to an end?The US does not want to acknowledge that the true cause of the fall of governments such as Sanchez de Losada's [in Bolivia], has to do with the poverty and misery generated by neoliberal policies imposedby imperialist economic models. That?s the real cause of instability in this continent." -- Hugo Chavez, Democratically Elected President of Venezuela

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any more discussion of Communist/Nazi idealogy etc. on this thread will result in suspension of the poster. It should go on Political Stool.

I will not ask again that such material not be posted here. Next time will result in 10 day suspension of posting priveleges.

Any more discussion of Communist/Nazi idealogy etc. on this thread will result in suspension of the poster. It should go on Political Stool.

I will not ask again that such material not be posted here. Next time will result in 10 day suspension of posting priveleges.

I for one agree :D :D ! Political discussions are repetitve and boring. I have argued politics forever with people and it's always the same. People just repeat the same things over and over again, there is no new information, everything's just a reformulation of tired old arguments that have been around for 40 years. I've read books about people engaged in political struggles during the 60's on the left and the right and all the arguments are exactly the same 40 years later, on the left and the right. That's because there's no mechanism for evolution of political ideas because they are all stripped of their origional philosophical and economic underpinnings to make them understandable by the masses. A metaphor for this is one guy saying , "my equation represents the volume of a sphere", and another guy saying, "no mine does"! They then proceed to argue about who's equation does a better job at it by inaccurately measuring the volume of each sphere that comes along, both being close but wrong each time they measure it. Since they don't understand calculus or how to do proofs they will argue forever. So remember everybody, that almost all political discussions are just one level of hell above spam. :angry:

Archived