Boj Gets Shanked. Ecb Next Up

"The New York Stock Exchange on Thursday called in the securities industry's big guns to recoup some of the massive pay package it awarded former Big Board Chairman and Chief Executive Richard Grasso last year."

Please close the barn door AFTER all the animals get out

Funny, no mention of going after the BOD members who approved the pay package.

And REALLY funny is how nobody but Herb Greenberg thought Grasso being on the BOD of companies he was suppose to regulate was a conflict of interest.

Oh well, it was just a 135 million dollar mistake. No harm, no foul.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quiet possible there are many like you.

Recipe for another bear disaster ? :(

as i recall, short postions owned the broads on the three previosu collapses...

history does not care.

First Dow company reports:

Alcoa posts profit on higher aluminum prices

Thursday January 8, 4:19 pm ET

NEW YORK, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc. (NYSE:AA - News) on Thursday reported a profit, after a steep loss a year ago, as strengthening demand helped lift aluminum prices.

Alcoa, the first component of the Dow Jones industrial average to report results, posted fourth-quarter income from continuing operations of $340 million, or 39 cents a share.

In the comparable period last year, the Pittsburgh-based aluminum producer recorded a loss from continuing operations of $146 million, or 17 cents a share.

anal cysts on average expected earnings of 34 cents a share, according to Reuters Research.

IBM Corp. says about chaos -

"In Brazil, a butterfly flaps its wings, setting off a chain of events that ends with a tornado in Texas."

Texas tornado? Wasn't he a wrestler?

Anyway, it used to be be a butterfly flapping its wings in China caused a hurricane here. But times have changed, and we are certainly in somethingthat is sweeping up the markets. Where we will end up when the storm is over is what I'm worried about.

When the butterfly flaps its wings: Adapting to chaos and uncertainty in the electronics industry-

Wow, that's a shocker. Corporate America has orwelled chaos theory:

"Chaos theory is based on the following two concepts: 1) systems may appear to lack order but there are always underlying, if inexplicable, rules governing them; and 2) small or simple events can cause bigger or more complex events within the same system. Meteorologist Edward Lorenz first described the butterfly effect in 1972. "

THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE interpretation of chaos theory as it was originally inspired. Orderly systems cannot be predicted because the very act of measuring them introduces small perturbations that can have far reaching effects on the system rendering predictions obsolete. Notice how IBM swithces it to a chaotic system ("lack order") that is made really simple by Chaos Theory ("always underlying rules"), i.e., IBM can solve all problems. Chaos theory adamantly states the opposite. The appearance of order is often an illusion, small perturbations within the systems can create far reaching an unpredictable effects. No wonder Greenspan is run amuck. He's been taught the orwelled version of chaos theory by corporate america.

If this is wider spread it is quite a sociological find. A hubris-dethroning theory has been turned on its head. Instead, it's being used to pretend man can know and predict the complex.

Wow, that's a shocker. Corporate America has orwelled chaos theory:

THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE interpretation of chaos theory as it was originally inspired. Orderly systems cannot be predicted because the very act of measuring them introduces small perturbations that can have far reaching effects on the system rendering predictions obsolete. Notice how IBM swithces it to a chaotic system ("lack order") that is made really simple by Chaos Theory ("always underlying rules"), i.e., IBM can solve all problems. Chaos theory adamantly states the opposite. The appearance of order is often an illusion, small perturbations within the systems can create far reaching an unpredictable effects. No wonder Greenspan is run amuck. He's been taught the orwelled version of chaos theory by corporate america.

If this is wider spread it is quite a sociological find. A hubris-dethroning theory has been turned on its head. Instead, it's being used to pretend man can know and predict the complex.

Don't they really mean Schrondinger's cat theory ?

Apparently if you put a cat in a steel box and try to eat it, unforseen emissions will cause a major disease in China. :)

I predict the market will tank next week. The only reason for this is that everytime I travel, it does so and I am unable to trade it. I travelled 2nd week Jan last year and it tanked into March.

Archived