B4 The Bell, Moonday, June 7

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twig- Congrats to Tampa- St. Louis and Andreychuck- who'd have thunk it.?? Up here word is Bettman and Goodenow are halfway to a deal and we may avoid a work stoppage. Rumour is our old GM Brian Burke will return to his old job as VP of the NHL. Canucks made 120 Million $ U.S. this year net.

I'm with Doc, I think we are going up. But unless we get some volume going here, we won't get too far. Maybe back up to the highs.

I think that today's gap up was the start of some type of massive island top. Later, we'll be right back down here, and we'll gap back down to Friday's close.

I'm leery of being too long with the VIX so low. But I did buy a bunch of OSX stocks and energy plays to game some type of a reactive bounce in the energy complex. Also have some cyclicals which are susceptible to abrupt boners.

No gold stocks yet, until the XAU closes above 90 and stays there.

Looks to me like the HGX is going an "ABC" up move, which will be done near the end of the week.

As for tomorrow, its Wild OpEx Reversal Wednesday.

Which ever way the market trades in the morning, look to fade the move later.

With Asia sinking tonight, I bet we go down 50% of today's move and then Boner into the close.

By the end of the week, all the put buyers will have switched to calls, and OpEx next week will blow everyone out with some severe downside......

Agree somewhat,

I think we c :

Tue: UP

Wed: DOWN

Thurday: UP [da top till after OPEX]

Friday : Da Great Communicator's long farewell

Like I mentioned earlier I think we will fail to regain the Mar03 uptrend line on the SPX at approx >1150[or have false break above it] and then decline into OPEX friday. I expect the Bradley 6/17 +-3days to be a ST top so we could top on Tues or OPEX Fri but unlikely imo.

After OPEX fri I expect the rally will resume regaining the Mar 03 uptrend line by June 30th Iraqi handover date. I also think the Fed will raise by 0.25 or NOT at all...1.75 is priced in by the end of the yr according to da Fed Fund futures.

ONE CAVEAT: The decline mentioned above could turn out to be a mere side ways ..slightly down move to 1130-35maximum

we'll c how it goes stoolies but I c no declines into the Gipper's funeral.

BDK

Sometimes I wonder a lot about what kind of world we live in. Just read an article on the Markets by a supposed expert who mused that what happened today was because the similarities between Rons death and the state of the markets at the time of his inaugeration were similar. This is journalism?? there is a special room in Hell for these guys staffed by former interrogators for the CIA!

Sometimes I wonder a lot about what kind of world we live in. Just read an article on the Markets by a supposed expert who mused that what happened today was because the similarities between Rons death and the state of the markets at the time of his inaugeration were similar. This is journalism?? there is a special room in Hell for these guys staffed by former interrogators for the CIA!

Things haven't been the same since Budda told us that we didn't know what "is" is. Since then, everything is opinion and speculation of how things are. Are you going to trust what we tell you, or your lying eyes?

I really hope you're right about that deal Brian. I'll believe it when I see it happen. It'll be good to see that Brian Burke scowl working for the league again - Bettman's personna is too "nice" for hockey. :lol:

The Canucks have been a well run organization in recent years - and it shows on the ice. We Oiler fans are envious, but our time will come again

Full Kudos to the Lightning. Not the city of Tampa Bay nor the state of Florida, but the international mix of hard-nosed bust-ass take-your-licks win-it-all kick-ass hockey players dragged together and assembled there over the last couple of years. Good hockey, good sportsmanship, good ownership, good management.

Big tip of the hat to the (dreaded) Flames, well played, a valiant effort.

Well done lads. Hockey Rocks.

Elliott waves:

Here are my thoughts on the Naz.

We're seeing 5 waves up, but no evidence of a completed pattern.

That's the trend, but we're due for a correction.

Fib levels for the correction are 1961.32 to 1924. 69.

I suggest that everyone recognize that a significant correction is due. Witness the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

It's a do-able short, but don't fall in love with it

post-20-1086671862_thumb.png

Russian Banking Fun ....

Kozlov Tries to Calm Banks

The Central Bank on Monday moved to calm a banking sector jittery over the recent collapse of two major banks, promising to inject cash into the interbank lending market to maintain its liquidity and stave off a run for deposits.

Hainsworth said there is no sign of a liquidity crisis. He said the actual number banks that depend on interbank lending is "very low" and predicted that the market will pick up this week.

More worrying, Hainsworth said, is the effect all the bad banking news might have on public opinion.

Central Bank injections of cash to maintain liquidity.... yet... there is no sign of a liquidity crisis. Just a liquidity ... ummm...problem :blink: ...that nasty rash should clear right up.... :)

Russian Banking Fun ....

Kozlov Tries to Calm Banks

The Central Bank on Monday moved to calm a banking sector jittery over the recent collapse of two major banks, promising to inject cash into the interbank lending market to maintain its liquidity and stave off a run for deposits.

Hainsworth said there is no sign of a liquidity crisis. He said the actual number banks that depend on interbank lending is "very low" and predicted that the market will pick up this week.

More worrying, Hainsworth said, is the effect all the bad banking news might have on public opinion.

Central Bank injections of cash to maintain liquidity.... yet... there is no sign of a liquidity crisis. Just a liquidity ... ummm...problem :blink: ...that nasty rash should clear right up.... :)

That's what a central bank is supposed to do...but logistically speed kills...Once a panic starts the jig is up...A central bank in that situation protects the main money center banks and lets the small ones collapse...even though the Central bank is obligated to prevent that from happening...

As far as global liquidity flows go, Russia is at the bottom...minor dry ups hurt them significantly...

Archived