Riverboat Capsized

I had about 45 minutes of writing here that got erased, because when I posted it, "You are not authorized to add a topic".

I wasn't logged in.

Bummer. Too tired and frustrated to start over.

Anyway, I'll just cut and paste a snippet from Buddhadropping, who dropped a load today:

"Best always to fade the muling herd of wildebeasts that stampede up the open plain and then guzzle dirty creek water while whisking flies from their sweaty asses in the sizzling sun of an African scorcher. Play the gator who silently drifts down the river disguised as a harmless log backed by toads and gulch weed. Trade to win and sometimes even to devour. Hapless cattle at the watering hole soon to become big gulps as we approach Bradley turn date around July 5 or so. Lots of sirloin to be sliced from this next coming slide. "

"Hope all of you are well. I have been trading much,much less if at all and traveling alot more. Have met an insatiable Swedish divorcee sometime ago and must reserve my strength for long, locked-in engagements, feverish evenings of amour,etc. I may never resurface, who knows? Nonetheless I wish all traders well. It is tough, high tension work and I don't envy the losers who number in the high percentages. best, buddhadropping

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had about 45 minutes of writing here that got erased, because when I posted it, "You are not authorized to add a topic".

I wasn't logged in.

Mark,

Next time it happens try following:

Go back to page where you typed using browser's back button.

(The text should still be there)

Select all text by clicking Ctrl-A (make sure you click in the text area first)

Copy to clipboard using Ctrl-C

Open another browser and log-in to the board

For posting, click Ctrl-V while in text area.

In fact you may try even now to go back to the page where you typed all.

$15 Billion of floating shit in 47 different flavors to be unloaded on the public:

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 27, 2003--Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C - News) today filed a registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission registering $15 billion of securities that may be issued in the form of debt securities, common stock warrants, index warrants, preferred stock, depositary shares, stock purchase contracts, stock purchase units, and common stock. Proceeds from the issue of any such securities are expected to be used for general corporate purposes.

Shitigroup Files Shelf Registration with the SEC

For over a week now I've been pounding the table that the top was in at 1015. Those that expected a melt up starting today got slammed unless they heard the oncoming train at the top. Quite a lot of technical and physcological damage was done today.-some perspective -Friday the 13th we closed-Dow-9196-Comp-1653-Spoo;s-998. Last Friday-the 20th we closed-Dow-9179-Comp-1648-Spoo's-994-today we closed-Dow-8989-Comp-1625-Spoo's-976. Those numbers tell a lot-with all the insane spikes up and down for 3 WEEKS we have STEADILY been going DOWN. So with a 3 week trend not only intact but accelerating-WHY oh WHY? would you be long-the TREND is your FRIEND-RIGHT! Trade Safe!

Well the Fed cuts and long rates go up.

Schaeffer seems to think rising interests are a short term positive:

"A rise in rates could be dangerous in terms of its impact on the housing market and on the relative valuation of bonds and stocks. But over the short term, such a rate rise would likely be accompanied by a stock-market rally, due in no small part to a reallocation by bond-heavy portfolios back into the equity market.

I guess only time will tell. For what it's worth I think he is wrong

about Nasdaq 2000 and wrong about rising interest rates

fueling a rally.

As for "emotional intensity" - yep the market is definitely a

woman. Buddha enjoy the honeymoon stage whilst it lasts.

Archived