The Derivatives Tornado

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't stick to my plan. I payed the price.

I hope that price wasn't too high. I thought that going long xlnx was high risk, but I didn't want to be second guessing you. :(

"The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat....................

And he's laid that golden fiddle on the ground of the Johnny's feet........................."

Hey, Mark............thanks for the great "Old Mark" commentary all week....................

Enjoy the WEAKEND my fellow stoolies................

-The BirdMan..................

shorted 1/4 SPY at Noon.  Stop 2%, then went to lunch and forgot about it.

No emotions, could care less if it works out or not.

Why now vs. wait? Cuz 'ya never know for sure.

Additional 1/4 orders queued at lower "key" confirmation spots as we work lower, yes lower, not higher.

I do not add to losing positions - I must be proven right on previous probe before I add more. :P

I sell going down, not up.  Average up, not down.  Throw good money after good, not bad. :lol:

"George Costanza"  :grin:

Thanks. It's great to see the money management and trading size parts of your trading style.

I know how you feel. I did the same thing, bought the QQQ at the open 31.14 thought that was a good fill watched it go to 31.48 and didn't think that was all she had so I kept it and ended up selling 30.85. It looked to me like it was going back up and I decided to buy some June 31 calls at .70 ended up selling at .45. I got whacked today.

I can't believe how bad I traded today.

Going into today I had a game plan of buying puts as soon as it started to stall. I almost pulled the trigger on some June 31's at .65 (now1.20) and some june 32's at 1.15(Now 2.00). I am just sick.

The whole day all I could think about is those guys that manipulated this market this high weren't going to let this week end with a big bearish engolfing candle with high volume right at the long term downtrend line.

One thing that still has me bothered about calling this a top is the fact that we are still in the higher end of the bullish channel and we only closed down 18 points on the Nasdaq, 2 points down on the S&P and still closed 21 green on the DOW.

This could very well be the top but I'm still hesitant.

By the way I was watching my time and sales on the QQQ a few minutes ago (ah) and saw an order for 9 million QQQ shares go thru at 30.19 when we were trading at 30.09. I've seen this before and not sure what to make of it.

Quicktrade

Guest The CoinGuy
Me like-ee.

A shooting star to build a future on. :D

Ya know Stoolander,

I believe the shadow needs to be at three times the size of the body, that one looks like about 5. Ouch, One small red dot away from a Gravestone...It's a beautiful thing to take home for the weekend. Checked all three indices, that Star, has a couple of nice sisters.

Good weekend to all,

TCG

P.S.

Piles, I like your method, but I'll be legging in as I witness Bulls turning back to Bears on the site. Being facetious of course. If something doesn't go my way in three days, I'm out of it. The call was wrong, I regroup, and go on. No harm no foul. Beat myself up for several years before I realized, hey I'm not perfect, and never will be, get used to a damn loss now and then. So instead, I worked on money management skills, that in my opinion, is the key to successful trading. Especially in this type of market...

FACIAL...Still chuckling my man....still chuckling...

Beat myself up for several years before I realized, hey I'm not perfect, and never will be, get used to a damn loss now and then. So instead, I worked on money management skills, that in my opinion, is the key to successful trading.

What he said...

Realist:

Can that wedge be considered a "three drives to a top"??

I'll be watching that 950 area. I'm sure the bulls will be buying with a vengeance at that line.

May have another one of those sideways to down chops to 950, then the Program Robot unleashes one of those 25 degree sawtooth boner reversals on the intraday.

I've learned my lesson.

Next time I see one of those high volume sawtooth boner runs with an extreme upslope angle, I'll buy every screamer in sight.......

Maybe a 10 Sigma Event will hit. A massive HedgeHog failure announcement that blows us down thru 950 like an anvil through tissue paper.

Barring that, I'll be going long at 950 until we know for sure this pig is rolled.....

The NASDAQ closed down 18 to 1627 on 2.964 vs. 2.414 billion traded Thursday.

It will retrace now for sure, while the miners have a golden opportunity next Monday:

Today's high: XAU 78.36 (check out the fib cluster resistance on the graph)

These are the golds you want to keep an eye on Monday morning as they didn?t touch the swing highs today and therefore have a clean shot at taking them out next week. If it?s going to happen it?ll probably do so first thing Monday. NEM did poke its head above the previous swing high but failed to hold it which is somewhat problematic. It may pull back after a great run.

NEM swing high 32.75

7.5 million shares

Day's Range

31.63 - 32.85

7.9 million shares

GFI swing high 12.05

2.3 million shares

Day's Range

11.40 - 11.99

1.6 million shares

HMY swing high 13.65

1.6 million shares