Whipsaw fun...The battle continues tomorrow

the housebuilking CEOs sold all their sheers right at the top in 2005--'suckas!' they chuckled, those elite shysters--but this time an older but wiser and more numerous herd of CEOs is paying better attention to 'while the going is good' strategies. <_<

-----

Executives at U.S. companies are taking advantage of the biggest stock-market rally in 71 years to sell their shares at the fastest pace since credit markets started to seize up two years ago. Insiders of S&P 500 companies were net sellers for 14 straight weeks as the market rallied, according to data compiled by InsiderScmaore.com.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aqNg.FOkoSYY

-----

Etymology

The word is derived from the German verb scheissen, "to defecate" and the English suffix -ster, "one who does". Shyster is an alteration of the German scheißer, which literally means "defecator" or an "incompetent worthless person".

Common misspellings

Shyster is commonly misspelled. Common variants include schister, scheister, sheister, schyster, shister, shaista, shiester and schiester.

Perhaps homebuilder execs are the smart ones, but I do remember reading that insiders in most U.S. companies were buying their stock all the way down during 2008. So perhaps they will sell all the way up. The smart money, on the average, is actually not very smart. Yes, they may be taking advantage of the rally to sell shares that have recently appreciated. If the 2008 insider buying reports were correct, though, they are still selling at a great loss. But it's anyone's guess as to whether the future will find them happy or frustrated that they sold at this time.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps homebuilder execs are the smart ones, but I do remember reading that insiders in most U.S. companies were buying their stock all the way down during 2008. So perhaps they will sell all the way up. The smart money, on the average, is actually not very smart. Yes, they may be taking advantage of the rally to sell shares that have recently appreciated. If the 2008 insider buying reports were correct, though, they are still selling at a great loss. But it's anyone's guess as to whether the future will find them happy or frustrated that they sold at this time.

I believe it was about january or march '08 when they ran the "insiders buying hand over fist" story. Weren't the finangler execs forking over the most money for them undervalued finangling stocks?

Old news department. What was it with the GS announcement about bonuses over the weekend? It was implicit to me that they have set aside this money for year end bonuses. Has this ever been done before or how is it normally done? I mean aren't year end bonuses announced at like the end of the year? You know, after the years results are totaled.

Added to the fact that this is horrendous PR for GS, Pigmen everywhere, the Treasury and the White House. I would think this bonus info would be available only after Gretchen Morgenson waterboared the head GS PR flack. Instead they hold a parade. Weird.

Old news department. What was it with the GS announcement about bonuses over the weekend? It was implicit to me that they have set aside this money for year end bonuses. Has this ever been done before or how is it normally done? I mean aren't year end bonuses announced at like the end of the year? You know, after the years results are totaled.

Added to the fact that this is horrendous PR for GS, Pigmen everywhere, the Treasury and the White House. I would think this bonus info would be available only after Gretchen Morgenson waterboared the head GS PR flack. Instead they hold a parade. Weird.

I dunno. Maybe it is supposed to be good because it is considered a "green shoots" story? Also, many politicians, Pig Men etc. have been totally accepted by the media, the public, everyone while robbing the public blind, in the past. Maybe that is not changing as much as sane people would prefer. GS apparently thinks they are our great, admirable, fearless leaders of high stakes gambling who deserve such bonuses, while others who do productive work deserve to starve in this economy. Except for a few rotten apples like Michael Lewis and Matt Taibbi, maybe the sheeple agree with them. The Obama administration acts as if they agree completely, as did the one before.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Saw OBiden on the TEEVEE today, for fun. He looks like a Boy who needs a nice rest in Hawaii, but we know that he ain't gonna get no rest now. In fact, the area under the Left Eye did not look Right. Did anybody have High-Definition TEEVEE on??

anyway,

FAZ.....well, in the Great Tradition of K-Wave, your jickiss now always uses Spaghetti Lines....Of course, probably not the correct Spaghetti Lines, but imitation is and all that.

FAZ....$25 is the target.

jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1245805048_thumb.png

Which Will It Be- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, June 23, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Some indicators continued to weaken on Tuesday in spite of the holding action after Monday’s drubbing. All signs point to the 6 month cycle and probably the 10-12 month cycle entering down phases. The question now is whether those down phases will be down in absolute terms, as opposed to mere sideways corrections. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Archived