Trader burn out......what direction next?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm fried :unsure:

Anyone else?...This year has really burned me out.

I think most of the other burned-out traders have already left the board and are out swimming and kayaking and doing other fun summer activities. Hence the small number of posts here. I think I will go join them now. Have a good weekend, everyone.

The Incredible Shrinking Fed Balance Sheet- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Friday, June 12, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The Fed’s balance sheet contracted again last week as the alphabet soup programs continued to contract, and the Fed didn’t do enough direct buying of securities to offset that drop prior to the Wednesday statement date. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Time to puke some more

"The rapid rise in bond yields will force the Federal Reserve to "engage again" in the purchases of U.S. Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities, Mohamed El-Erian, the chief executive of bond giant Pacific Investment Management Co., said Friday."

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE55B4JH20090612

Bill Gross must be covering his short treasuries. <_<

I'm off to montana tomorrow for 4 days for a free vacation.Believe it of not my roomie won an all expense paid to the marlboro ranch in montana worth $5500.I am looking foward to not seeing the market for a few days.

Anyone want free cigarettes?...I don't smoke and I will be getting lots of freebees :lol:

Do people actually live in montana?I guess maybe a 2 or 3 hundred :P

I'm off to montana tomorrow for 4 days for a free vacation.Believe it of not my roomie won an all expense paid to the marlboro ranch in montana worth $5500.I am looking foward to not seeing the market for a few days.

Anyone want free cigarettes?...I don't smoke and I will be getting lots of freebees :lol:

Lots of fine families live in the great state of Montana.... :rolleyes:

post-1110-1244846136.jpg

Hey Doc does that make you think DEFLATION before inflation ? Jim Shepherd is pounding the table about a deflationary death spiral about to start. FWIW. He thinks the CPI and PPI are going to start the ball rolling downhill. TradeSafe

Totally agnostic. Had a couple minute monologue about the issue in yesterday's Radio Free Wall Street podcast. http://radiofreewallstreet.fm

I really think that those who treat this issue as if there's some kind of certainty around it are completely nuts, regardless of which side they take.

Montana in the summer is one of the more beautiful sights on this planet. It shouldn't take you long to realize why they call it Big Sky country.

You should have a great time.

source http://www.carlheilman.com/

Looks like they want to keep it that way too. I Goog'd for Montana images and got a raft of stuff like this...

91120047v6_240x240_Front.jpg

Here's a site a bear can relate to...

ME? Yeah, doing fine, too busy to watch the market but getting a lot of stuff done. Currently have the backyard tore up and my basement empty. No heat system in the house of any kind, lucky it's June.

I'm getting geothermal installed and it's created a bunch of ancillary work that has me pushing an a bunch of different directions.

If you haven't looked into it, the gov upped the tax credits for the installation this year. The efficiency is amazing, but the install cost is a little salty. Either way, I think this is an industry that will do real well in the next few years. I have a list of the active companies but haven't had a chance to work through it yet. More on that later.

Tomorrow is another exam, so I've been studying a bunch this week when I could. Tonight it's game 7 Pens Vs Red Wings.

Take care.

;)

Archived