Shocking News Hits Market

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The S&P, within rounding error, closed unchanged at the critical level of 1089 for a second day. (Explanation of the 1089 level can be found in sigmo's thread on LOB.)

Unchanged closes often signal a reversal. They are a special case of a double top.

I'm ready to roll to gloryland on dat southbound train. Are you?

Was listening to O-Brien just now. He had Basil Chapman (chapman wave) on who just said the same thing. I wasn't paying close attention but I thought that Chapman said that signals at least an intermediate top but then said something related to 1929. Guess that I'd better listen to the archive. :unsure:

oh ogd, now there is a pimp on lapalomavision who think James Baker is da man, cause he persuaded Germany and France not to want debt from Iraq back. Wasnt the same Baker the one who was wingohockingmoyamensinged from behind, upwards, backward, sideways from Bundesbank in the 80s?

HOLY LORD BRING BACK MY BUBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WERE THE TIMES!

BUBA BUBA BUBA BUBA!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is your architect

6062.jpg

This is your architect on drugs

wtcdesign.jpg

Agreed. It looks like the wreckage of a building. Seems a little in your face considering why and what it's replacing. Bet they can't build it in the time it took to build the Empire State Building either.

Freight Train

Adapted & Arranged:Stookey/Mezzetti/Travers/Okun-Neworld Media Music Publishers-ASCAP

Chorus:

Freight train freight train goin' so fast

Freight train freight train goin' so fast

Please don't tell what train I'm on

So they won't know where I've gone.

Freight train, freight train, comin' round the bend

Freight train, freight train, gone again

One of these days turn that train around

Go back to my hometown.

(Chorus)

One more place I'd like to be

One more place I'd love to see

To watch those old Blue Ridge Mountains climb

As I ride ol' Number Nine.

(Chorus)

When I die please bury me deep

Down at the end of Bleecker Street

So I can hear ol' Number Nine

As she goes rollin' by.

(Chorus)

A lady wrote it while standing at the old train station in Carrboro, NC -- that's on the other side of the tracks from Chapel Hill.

I think the above version is slightly changed from the original.

Have a good weekend!

MH- I can list another 10 divergences and reasons WHY it should go down BUT it AIN'T! Over 1096 on a close I am long-a meaningful break of 1080 I am SHORT. Today was like getting pulled thru a cheese grater very slowly and often. A six point range on the Spoons. With AL pumping again it will take an event of magnitude to turn this thing-it was reported that program trading now accounts for 74% of the volume, with that being said this bloated pig may well continue to float along sideways to up until an unforeseen event causes some selling. All these swine care about is keeping it over 10k-Trade Safe!

This is your architect

6062.jpg

This is your architect on drugs

wtcdesign.jpg

Agreed. It looks like the wreckage of a building. Seems a little in your face considering why and what it's replacing. Bet they can't build it in the time it took to build the Empire State Building either.

No but, I bet they finish it before they finish the Second Avenue subway line (a little NYC humor). :P

Undeterred by a chorus of boos and hisses, the MTA slashed hundreds of jobs yesterday - including the controversial move to eliminate 22 elevator operators - despite ending the year with a $367 million surplus.

The MTA board unanimously approved the elimination of 468 jobs through attrition over the next two years - including elevator operators who work at five stations in Washington Heights - and will use the surplus to offset an $840 million deficit projected for 2005.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/13928.htm

Archived