Aloha Oy Vey

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that "bullhorning" on SOX last few weeks to lure in more suckers and this is where it is now. Good luck SOX dongers, you're gonna need it.

Wow, a real bargain, I want some, its going to the moon Alice!

Sure anything is possible, but is it probable? Not something I'd be betting heavy on.

(40 week MA, log scale for reality check)

post-7-1047677524.jpg

Gold charts are all setting up for a run next week. Vesselin says don't touch gold stocks with a ten foot pole. If the bombs fall next week, what will the gold stocks do? I'm thinking the metals and the stocks go for a run but it could also be an ugly head fake. Inquiring minds want to know.

Just closed on the sale of my house today...let the games begin!

Plunger

One good indicator of investor sentiment, he said, is the ratio of the value of all shares, in dollars, compared to gross domestic product, the economic output of a nation.

In August 1929, just before the October stock market crash, that value was 87 percent. In April 1942, it troughed at 19 percent. And as of the end of January, it was 89 percent.

"That says to me that things aren't as bleak as maybe we think they are," Madden said. "This is bubble aftermath coupled with a high degree of geopolitical uncertainty, but it will pass."

I THINK HE IS DRAWING THE WRONG CONCLUSION, SHOULDN'T HE CONCLUDE THAT STOCKS ARE NOW OVERVALUED???

Reuters article says stocks have bottomed

He could Shorty but, it wouldn't make him any money. :wink2:

Anyway, anyone who would buy into that pretzel logic (No offense PRTLogic) deserves to be separated from his/her money.

The other guy quoted, Brett Gallagher, is one you'll never see on Crapvision,

"Brett Gallagher, deputy chief investment officer at Julius Baer, said stocks were still overvalued and the market was pricing in a rosy economic scenario "that just doesn't exist."

Uhhhhhhh I see no reason next week can't be up a couple of days and then collapse back down to Max Pain on the Qs towards the end of the week. It would screw just about everybody and leave ma and pa kettle holding the bag once again.

You can see the green circles and the grey wedges have that deja vu all over again kinda look to 'em.

Granted last time we saw this it was not opex week but it is something to watch for

I have no strong feelings one way or the other so leave your ropes and bibles in the closet :D

Note: Green uptrend line starts at the Oct bottom

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=%24COMPQ%2Cuu%5Bl%2Ca%5Ddaclnimy%5Bp%5D%5Bvc60%5D%5Biue12%2C26%2C9%21lc20%5D%5BJ8400176%2CY%5D

Plunger - congrats on the house! I think you should place all your proceeds donging Ford. You can't lose!

My own house is now under a Hubbard that is predicated on a Hubbard, that rests on a Hubbard on a house that hasn't yet been put on the market.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew! Just glad to be through the hell of Scam Week. :o

Will be adding to PM, shorting a few from PD's dung heap (adding to my short of F, above), and readying for a big short of the Bond market. This pig ain't going anywhere.

Even if my timing is off (usually is) I bet for the trend. Which is down. Down. DOwn. DOWn. DOWN.

With a few pauses for station identification.

Funnymentals can't be denied. Earnings sucke, pensions loom, taxes up, energy up, government spending up, pricing power down, current account UP, credit dislocations severe, bankruptcies UP, etc, etc, etc. Bet the trend, and win.

Thanks Sphinxter (particularly for the dong advice).

It was a toss-up between donging F and MSO.

I note that Ford is planning their 100th Anniversary extraveganza this summer with top name stars and a very lavish to-do.

If Martha's not in prison by then (And Ford's not in BK by then), maybe she could cater it.

On second thought, the visual of donging Martha Stewart sort of creeps me out. I think I'll just F both of 'em!

Plunger

Sold the miners from position established at Wed. close and went to 100% cash. I'm thinking the miners (HUI) will bounce off the 200ema and retest the lows. Will re-enter on a retest of RSI 30 (14) or will go short on another move up in the general markets Monday. Being patient again and protecting profits. These 3-12% moves are starting to add up.

After the hysteria tick climb up the greased flag pole this

AM, the bulls and shivering bears realized there

was a surrender flag at the top and the pole had been

greased.

The top ten NYSE volume leaders resulted in 2 stocks flat, 5

down and 3 positive. The Nasdaq rendered 4 flat, 5 negative

and 1 positive. IOW, today's vertical rugby match

gave an across the board score of 30% of the players stuck

to the pole where they started, 50% slipped down to the

briar garden at the bottom, and 20% claimed victory

like grinning toothless angels doing a jig at the top of the

pin-head pole having captured a whole $1.50 combined first

prize on 145,000,000 shares. That's just under a million

shares of hog wallerin', hair pullin', bitch slappin', nail breakin'

and plain bad language for each 10 cents worth of

hunching vertical satisfaction!

My take.... whew....I'm tired just watchin so why bother?

Late in the day, I found other flag pole parties where

the exhausted contestants still clung to that little brass ball

at the top and started pulling their finger loose by shorting

a bit. It's a far kinder thing I do by sending them to a speedy

crack on the pavement and roll in the brairs than further

enabling their delusion that flag pole sitting is still the hot,

lucrative sport it was back when the "NEW PARADIGM" was

discovered about the time recessions and business cycles

were declared dead. And bears.

So what can I say?

I'm not the one who greased the damned pole.

Vesselin says don't touch gold stocks with a ten foot pole.

Uhm, Vesselin said that yesterday and today. For Monday, the picture could be different - Vesselin will have to look at today's closing charts first. :wink2:

Plus, Vesselin's style might not be acceptable for everyone. Vesselin prefers to buy after a confirmed reversal to the upside - not to pick bottoms. That's not necessarily good - for instance, Vesselin totally ignored the significant and profitable bounce in RGLD during the past few days (although he did warn that it could happen) - simply because the longer-term momentum chart of that stock looks ugly.

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived