Now More Than Ever

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok 11.62 to 16.62 months max... there is one whole brutal winter in there...

Pray that next winter is the warmest winter in recorded history...

Pray that the US economy produces 5-6 million new jobs by October...

Pray that House prices keep going up forever...

Pray that Interest rates keep dropping forever...

Pray that the conservatives are truely compasionate...

Pray that the genocide of the Arab world works out as planned...

Pray that the mob doesn't get the idea to call the gold market bluff and ask for delivery...

Pray that everything that can be done to save you is being done...

Pray that everything you have been exposed to for your entire life is the truth...

Pray that what you see on a daily basis is an illusion and you are special and the guardian angels will protect you...

Pray that the children will not turn on you...

Pray that wild desprate animals will overlook you...

Pray that at some point soon you die in your sleep...

Pray that you will win the lottery...

pray that you will strike it rich...

Pray that Hypertiger is wrong...

Pray that you can survive the coming onslaught...

We ain't seen anything yet...

Fine, my brother. 100%

Meanwhile...all the girls are asleep. And, its all about poof: Club $80K-24hrs, Club WiFi, Club Havana, 78 degrees and the calm breeze of the G of M.

For now, I'm a DAYTRIPPER but I couldn't macro-agree with you more.

HISStory question for BARE (or anyone else)...

What happened to the world's strongest economy (at the time), (which was the UK?) during 1929 USA depression? Did it fare betterly or worsely? Can ye, pls, recommend a book on this topic?

sorry for my crappy text bracketing

TIA

gruff

A short read is "The Global Impact of the Great Depression", Dietmar Rothermund, 1996, ~160 pages. Rothermund specialized in the history of modern India.

Turns out the Brits did quite well, relatively speaking, but at the price of protectionist circling of the Imperial Commonwealth wagons (the Sterling Bloc), which broke down global trade.

They supported sterling by sucking a ton of gold out of India, from the jewelry of Indian peasant women.

Props to SI/Shack/Juergen/Mathias

NDX E-Wave update:

http://www.wallstreet-online.de/ws/news/ne...in.php?action...

Yesterday Onischka forecasted upside targets of 979, 984 and 994 which were reached and overbid significantly. Meanwhile the NDX trades near the important resistance on daily basis (around 1.030). Here Onischka sees the 100%-extension of the last up-wave since mid February and the limitation of the downtrend since last December. A significant break would signal that the large wave C has started.

Very short term:

Onischka sees a short term top at 1.032 (see chart). In case of a failure at 1.030 Onischka expects a downmove to 950. A first correction target would be 994. Very short term two small subwaves are missing: a mini-correction to max 1.010/11 followed by a rise to around 1.031 would be ideal.

DOW DATA SINCE 1900

The chart of the 100 years of DOW data that Aussiebear provided shows that the 20 years to 2000 was the steepest straightest bull market in the last 100 years.

After such a great bull there has to be an equally great bear dont you think???

HISStory question for BARE (or anyone else)...

What happened to the world's strongest economy (at the time), (which was the UK?) during 1929 USA depression? Did it fare betterly or worsely? Can ye, pls, recommend a book on this topic?

sorry for my crappy text bracketing

TIA

gruff

Studs Trekel's book The Oral History of Great Depression, i believe it is called, will give you a human perspective of the pain felt amongst the citizens of the US. IMO, history is not about facts and figures or political or economic debates that history books can manipulate, but the feeling of the times related by the masses.

Archived