Program Robot Hysteria

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypertiger:

You forgot one thing.

Al Green's Program Robots operate in a NO RESERVE banking system, courtesy of the GSE's, facilitated by the Black Market Derivatives Desk over at JP Morgan.

The corporate bond issuance this month is likely to set a new record. Wild Pigs feeding at the trough as if it were their last meal before the war starts.

The Liquidity Bubble is still in the Parabolic Mode.

Reversal hasn't happened yet.....

Coboy,

It sounds like your taking my response to you as a personal attack. :cry:

Do whatever you want. It's your money. I don't have a say and niether should anybody else on this board have a say in what you do or don't do with YOUR money.

We could all be wrong.

Do what you want.

One question though. If you where to go long, what would you go long. I don't see any leadership whatsoever. Again, JMHO.

Ooopps. One more question. How did Arch's call hurt you so badly. Are we not back down anyway?

None at all... I am not offended easily :rolleyes:

My problem was using options and I know Doc and others are against that and everything but I have no other choice.

Look at EXPE, XLNX, EBAY, APOL they are all up from Feb 13.. I owned puts on all..

There is always a bull market somewhere, buying the most expensive stuff would have been a good play I'm thinking now, they go up and up and up.. Get the list from RM.com's "proprietary" momentum list, just buy calls on them, can't loose..

Like PileDriver says don;t short screamers, so why not go long and sideline with the government ?

How many times someone should get kicked in the head to learn something ?

Eveytime I buy puts on EXPE it goes up.. It's been like paying rent every month for more than a year.. Enough already..

if yo' ass think dat da damn fed will prevent some decline at all costs, den go long.

dair be no need t' speculate o' gamble, da trend be yo' homie.

da waterfall's comin', i kin feel da mist an' haih' da damn roah'. git short.

duzn't waste time. becuz dair be not much time t' waste.

Gee, and I thought with all the months you've been over in Dublin you'd be typing with a brogue by now. :grin:

When the bombs start dropping, we will have a 200 point rally in the Dow, for two days in a row.

Then all the longs will be in, and there will be no more buyers.

After that, the waterfall starts.

There will not be any bad news to trigger it.

It will simply be a lack of new buyers.

Arena Participants will be shocked to see the markets drop so quickly without a catalyst.

I say INTC misses tomorrow night, gaps down Friday, but the dippers will show up and drive it back up.

Problem is Mark, after 400 point rally, shorts start piling in and squeezed higher and higher every day.. And distribution takes at least a month, it churnes and churnes and goes nowhere frustrating everyone.. Then, maybe then it starts going down..Of course the wounded shorts cover almost immediately in every step prolonging the decline. It's torture all over again..

So, I don't think that qualifies a a "waterfall"..

Coboy,

It sounds like your taking my response to you as a personal attack. :cry:

Do whatever you want. It's your money. I don't have a say and niether should anybody else on this board have a say in what you do or don't do with YOUR money.

We could all be wrong.

Do what you want.

One question though. If you where to go long, what would you go long. I don't see any leadership whatsoever. Again, JMHO.

Ooopps. One more question. How did Arch's call hurt you so badly. Are we not back down anyway?

None at all... I am not offended easily :rolleyes:

My problem was using options and I know Doc and others are against that and everything but I have no other choice.

Look at EXPE, XLNX, EBAY, APOL they are all up from Feb 13.. I owned puts on all..

There is always a bull market somewhere, buying the most expensive stuff would have been a good play I'm thinking now, they go up and up and up.. Get the list from RM.com's "proprietary" momentum list, just buy calls on them, can't loose..

Like PileDriver says don;t short screamers, so why not go long and sideline with the government ?

How many times someone should get kicked in the head to learn something ?

Eveytime I buy puts on EXPE it goes up.. It's been like paying rent every month for more than a year.. Enough already..

Coboy,

You haven't been paying attention. Don't short the high flyers. Short the ones breaking down on pullback rallies.

Go over and take a gander at PD's POS list. That is where you will make money on the short side.

Too many people get caught up in how many points a stock might drop, so they pick the expensive ones.

You HAVE to think in PERCENTAGES.

You can make just as much money on a $15 or $20 stock percentagewise. In fact there have been studies that show that lower priced stocks actually move more PERCENTAGEwise than higher priced stocks. That it why it is important to wait for pullbacks and not short the low. Volatility is two edged sword, heh heh.

If you want to play the higher priced ones, scalp 'em only until they break below the 200 day MA.

My own personal opinion is that the markets are just a looting operation and Piledriver and Brian4 have it figured good...so far.

I'm not in the markets because I can't stand to be ripped off... and that is all the market is designed to do...

Unless you take the money and run...

The smash and grab method of trading.

I'm building a pile of Silver... at the bottom I will convert it into real estate when the banks are selling $200,000 mortgages for $20,000 when the Carlton Sheets crew goes down to clear the books of debt and stay solvent or reorganize... and if the renter or "home owner" defaults, I'll kick them into the street and move in or find a new victim...

I'll never happen Hyper...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, It happens every day on Wall street...

Hypertiger:

You forgot one thing.

Al Green's Program Robots operate in a NO RESERVE banking system, courtesy of the GSE's, facilitated by the Black Market Derivatives Desk over at JP Morgan.

The corporate bond issuance this month is likely to set a new record.  Wild Pigs feeding at the trough as if it were their last meal before the war starts.

The Liquidity Bubble is still in the Parabolic Mode.

Reversal hasn't happened yet.....

Wndy,

I would take the break in Homebulders a big warning sign that the reversal is not very far off. 6-9 months max.

Also looks like something brewing on FRE weekly chart. Some sort of "news" looks imminent.

Maybe, they'll make the stick save on FRE here, but it is very close to all out collapse.

1046908865970?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=NYSE:FRE&Interval=W:255&Permission=42268&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=2&Study=VOL&Param1=21&Param2=0&Param3=9&FontSize=10.gif

And no one is talking about Farmer Mac as it's bubble implodes.

1046908946716?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=NYSE:AGM&Interval=M:255&Permission=39482&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=2&Study=VOL&Param1=21&Param2=0&Param3=9&FontSize=10.gif

I trade the stock itself. That's my thing. Someone else (and I can think of four stoolies right off the bat) might be making a mint doing options. That's their thing. No matter what one trades or how they do it, one has got to look at the worse case scenario and decide, can I handle it. What should I do if that occurs. What might I possibly do to avoid being in that situation. One has got to look at the worse case scenario and much less than that and plan how to exit one's position with, at minimum, what you entered with and preferrably, a profit. If you haven't done that then you are not a trader. You are a straight gambler. At this particular juncture, the odds are very high against a gamble. Play the probabilities as you see it and have an exit plan based on the probability that you are wrong.

Just checked the Intraday on most of the Dow stocks.

The rally was fake.

Chief Program Robot, operated by Al Green, basically pushed the Dow up with MMM, PG, and IBM getting the most action.

That's it.

Everything else was dead in the water.

Homebuilders got smoked again.

Tech was mixed. Some jammed, some fell hard.

Horrible breadth.

Not too hard to do when 3 stocks comprise over 25% of the index, eh?

Coboy: I hear ya, dude. Got some way OTM puts on EBAY I'm feeling a little foolish for buying right now; April exp tho, so, ya nevvah know....check PD's sig line: short the worst; dong the best (btw Pile, who is Hurst?). It's good advice in any market. You are half right about there always being a bull market in something. The other side of that coin is there's always a bear market in something as well. And, trite as it is, the trend IS your friend. And the TREND in the US equities market is DOWN. Pile posted a great list of absolute stinking turds the other night. Dozens of stocks you can run through whatever filtering mechanisms you feel are appropriate and I'll guarantee you can make money buying puts. Somebody else may have a list of relative strength superheroes you can make bank buying calls on. But don't give in to the idea that your government has any more of a clue what to do than you do, because they don't!

On a different note, have any of you stoolies spent any time in Japan in the last ten years? I haven't spent a lot, but I've been there and I know people there, and for a country that has supposedly suffered through a debacle of monumental proportions, folks seem to be pretty darn comfy. Perhaps Joe Sixpack will be able to sit through the coming Great Depression here with no shortage of Taco Bell and Bud Light and plenty of T&A and Reality programming to keep him off the streets? I don't know, I'm just askin'....

Archived