Night Stool

richmtn

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I like to hear PD. I can't count to five so I don't attempt waves. :lol:

Thanks for the help on that. Could you expound on the "irregular feature" you see. I'll look for a cyclical explantion.

I wonder what FeedFool will tell us about the wedgie the bulls are getting. :grin:

Some of the short cycles rolled over. It will be a good learning experience reading Doc tonight.

This is my interpetation of the 6-7 week cycle as of tonight.

post-2-1046146043.png

Basically the same as what SG had been saying all along. We are now in wave #3 down which should be extended b/c wave #2 that probably just finished up on Friday failed to complete higher b/c market is so damn weak.

Just like SG said expect wave #3 to be 1.618*Wave #1.

Wave #1 was (930-808) or 122

Hence this move down should be 1.618*122 or 197 SPX points placing SPX at 653 or so before a wave 4 bounce then another push down into wave 5.

OUCH BABY !

Oh yeah I almost forgot. I got a lot of explaining to do with that chart.

The rectangles contain periods (now and June/July) where I have identified a similar setup of the 6-7 week cycle in relation to other cycles.

The top pane has the 6-7 week cycle (red) and a cycle double it's length. Magenta ovals are targets for the indicator. The fat blue squiggly indicator in the middle of the chart is the dbl length cycle. Two pairs of vertical red lines contain the period of a very short up phase for the 6-7 week cycle (red top remember).

The thing is that in both cases the 6-7 week cycle turned down early and got in phase with the dbl cycle. This also implies a lower low then when they are out of phase. This in turn was all aided by the 10-12 month turning down.

In others words what we're seeing is a rolling-over cresting wave seconds away from crashing down with massive force that will shock most people - bummer :lol:

Just take a simple look at your price chart. You can practically see it. Its amazing!

It happens so slowly impatient types give up and miss it. We were patient. Its just sit tight and enjoy the ride time my friend.

The top pane has the 6-7 week cycle (red) and a cycle double it's length.

Rich,

Would the double-length cycle represent the 10-13 week cycle?

BTW, thanks all for the excellent discussion and analysis here. You've really brought night stool back to life. I like its new persona a lot! :grin:

Thanks Gangof22. What makes it work is these other guys contributing. Guys like Pile have a way with words. Plus he has something to say.

The dbl length cycle (blue) is a 68 day Rate of Change. The dark line in the top panel is it's smoother. With ROC I would use a cycle length of 58 days for the 10-13 week cycle. That would translate into 29 day ROC. Half the number of days. That works nice with ROC.

The 68 day is not one of the cycles Doc uses and I only used it to see if it would be an aid in reading the 34 day ROC or 6-7 week cycle. I found it very helpful. I hope you can see what I do.

Rich,

I took a really close look at the chart, and I think I see what you're saying. When the two cycles get into sync like you show with the blue vertical, a big decline is a likely outcome. Especially where the price action is confirming a similar cycle pattern at the red verticals. Very nice. If we get a similar move, it really is LOB! :o :lol:

Yep that's what I'm seeing. OF course no two periods are identical there are many other factors. As you can see in the previous pages I've looked at many cyles from many angles.

As Doc has been emphasizing we are at a tipping point. We need to see continued momentum over the next week. If the movement doesn't take place during the window of opportunity the moment will pass. Mixed cyclicality and more churning. We've been looking at the same numbers on the indices since July. Anyone tired of QQQ- 25? :o

Archived