More Robot Volatility

wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaa

windy, dont tell me yeah missed my fresh short line??????!!!!!!

say it aint so brother. DAMN!!!

as of yesterday man i'm short these pigs "aggresively" somebody with the puter skills could you kindly post my shorts from yesterdays IDS for Wyndy. since i've been away in the Carib my stool 'puter skills have faded something nasty. they came in sweeeet and jerked today and i'm thinking of adding quarter positions every dollar down from here on em all.

thanks in advance for the help on the 'puter skills.

so says i,

MERCILESS

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mdporter:

Ah, yes, sweet to see that Ms. Denise Richards.

Of course, the insurers are up to their eyeballs in Bermuda Garbage. So their only choice is to Riverboat their way to profitability by participating in the Consumer Banking Bubble.

Too bad that the derivative bombs are going off already.

Its really up to Al Green to come up with another stick save, and see if "The Fix" can be put in one more time.

He's done it before when everyone said its impossible.

He'll probably do it again.

After the 500 point move, the shorts will be scrambling again.

kuchikomi: "The word on the street"

(Kyodo News) March 11, 2003

Japanese Megabanks put off day of?reckoning

Japan's megabanks have already effectively been nationalized, yet their managers appear to be frantically trying to strengthen their capital bases, observes Noboru Yanai, president of Arrow Consulting, in the March edition of Chuo Koron.

Yanai, a former executive of the bankrupt Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, speculates that bank managers, mindful of the example of the LTCB, are afraid that nationalization (being classed as in need of special support) would lead to the exposure of their management practices and concealed operations, forcing them to take operational and legal responsibility.

According to Yanai, beginning in the 1970s the major banks repeatedly manipulated their income in legal ways. In the 1990s the methods became more elaborate and diversified-generating realized profits using derivatives and postponing losses, for example-and the amounts involved became larger.

Yanai claims this moral hazard was allowed to exist because banking was a special industry that had no pressure or supervision from outside.

A culture of concealment throughout the industry reinforced this lack of governance. With the exception of the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, without public funds all of Japan's four major banks would already be below the 8% standard for capital adequacy set by the Bank for International Settlements and would be under the control of the authorities.

These major banking groups have already received a total of 4.6 trillion yen in public funds, while the reimposition of the "payoff" system, which caps the amount of savings covered by government insurance in the event of a bank failure, has been delayed.

All of this, combined with massive credit easing by the Bank of Japan, means that megabanks have placed a huge burden on the public. Yanai has harsh words for bank executives who have completely forgotten this fact.

Japanese proverb: "If it smells, then put a lid on it".

Led Zep.

Immigrant Song

--------------

Two, three, four

Ah-ah-ahh-ah, ah-ah-ahh-ah

We come from the land of the ice and snow

from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands

To fight the horde and sing and cry, "Valhalla, I am coming"

On we sweep with, with threshing oar

Our only goal will be the western shore

Ah-ah-ahh-ah, ah-ah-ahh-ah

We come from the land of the ice and snow

from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow

How soft your fields, so green

can whisper tales of gore, of how we calmed the tides of war

We are your overlords

On we sweep with threshing oar

Our only goal will be the western shore

S-so now you better stop and rebuild all your ruins

for peace and trust can win the day despite of all you're losin'

Ah the good old days. Raping and pillaging. Short-selling is so pedestrian by comparison. :cry:

merciless -- thanks for the post tonight. Noted earier today on IDS that something smells real bad at AIG & JPM as they both looked like they were racing to the crapper. Insiders know and appear to be heading for the exits. May make an attempt to short AIG in the am. Have to see what da boyz have planned for us tomorrow. They ain't goin down without a fight and are determined to take many innocents down the road to hell right along with them.

wooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Col Dash- no problem brother, happy to be of service- tread lightly the JPM i shorted that pos last winter to then teens the longed it to the 21 or so - got off to early as it rammed to 25/6 and change i believe. still my people say 20 is the line in the sand- last year they took it below that and the PR was intense- spinning like i've never seen and whammo the dec jam jobbed saved their asses. well i'm gonna Nile Crocodile this pos- if it breaks 19.30 i'm gonna short three thousand and see what happens- do a little calls fo rthe hedge and hang on- at least that;s my plan on ole JP- AiG - that pos is about as rotten as my grandfathers thanksgiving farts from 2000- bwahahahhaahahhahaahahhahahahahaha

i'm looking for the 35 print on that pos.

as for the market 10 more OEX points down, and we're at 4/97 levels!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes for all the six pack sentries of America that means its principle now, wake up time!!!!! "wait, you mean i lost all the gain, and now its my money that'sbeing lost!!!!!""

oh baby, oh baby bwhahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaah

smoke 'em Col, just smoke 'em

so says i,

MERCILESS

Good idea to be cautious, aussiebear. I closed out some 80% of my shorts this morning. Gotta love that Commonwealth Bank action!! What I've been waiting for more than 2 weeks. Patience paid off some 175% on those babies. I left the National Bank on the short side. I think they gonna rotate some $$ from NAB to CBA very soon. Close out News as well for a pretty decent profit. Not a bad first half of the week.

Good stuff S4B, some excellent returns there...yep saw CBA do the dive. Would not be at all surprised to see a mass of green on the screen tomorrow. Don't spose your saw the West headlines this am? "War talk/market drops", sure sign of a bounce about to happen imo. Cashed up and ready to roll if there is one though, still mega bearish...

Guest BEARDRECH
Hey Calculus - did you hear about the constipated mathematician?   He worked it out with a pencil. :blink:

Pile - you doin the honors?

Had to cover my BER short for only a few hundred in the green.  They nounced news of an .11 cent dividend increase

so I covered fast.  It jumped about .40 cents.   and will likely go up a dollar tomorrow.  For an .11 cent increase!! sheesh!

Depends -- some back-of-envelope analysis and I think BER can be a good short after this dividend-related runup. They are a specialty p&c insurer with a leveraged balance sheet. Just issued $200mm debt and I guess part of that proceeds will be used to finance the dividend -- a pretty dangerous leverage play. After the debt offering their balance sheet will be even more leveraged - debt in total will be north of $700mm and equity at $1.3 bn, pretty high level compared to other insurance companies, and its stock appears to be overvalued at roughly 2x book value (normally p&c insurers valued at roughly 1-1.5x book). So fundamentally speaking it's a good short candidate if you have an intermediate time frame of 3-6 months.

i once read an essay displayed on one of the bear sites,written by an old retired bonker,in which he slyly referred to the 29 year old mf'rs and their total misunderstanding of the "INSURANCE CYCLE" AND THE gargantuan tonnage of fiat that is made and lost on this by well and ill-informed traders--

It has something to do hwen rates are permitted to rise and the increidble leverage the insurers get and what they can do to careless bears--

Anyone familiar with this phenomenon???? Yes yes i know tis embarrassing to admit a deep knowledge of something only insurance men should know nevertheless for the sake of those contemplating shorting the bastards some inof would be appreciated :shocked bdrech

wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaa

windy, dont tell me yeah missed my fresh short line??????!!!!!!

say it aint so brother. DAMN!!!

as of yesterday man i'm short these pigs "aggresively" somebody with the puter skills could you kindly post my shorts from yesterdays IDS for Wyndy. since i've been away in the Carib my stool 'puter skills have faded something nasty. they came in sweeeet and jerked today and i'm thinking of adding quarter positions every dollar down from here on em all.

thanks in advance for the help on the 'puter skills.

so says i,

MERCILESS

AXP 3:44pm 31.65 -0.23 -0.72% 4,027,700

AIG 3:45pm 44.61 -0.72 -1.59% 8,780,500

RE 3:45pm 49.89 -1.60 -3.11% 335,500

ACE 3:45pm 24.50 -1.43 -5.51% 2,912,100

XL 3:45pm 65.43 -1.45 -2.17% 1,249,500

CB 3:45pm 43.70 -1.38 -3.06% 1,252,900

C 3:45pm 31.53 -0.67 -2.08% 13,557,300

IBM 3:45pm 75.52 -0.18 -0.24% 7,116,000

GS 3:45pm 63.00 -1.34 -2.08% 3,833,600

AZO 3:45pm 64.23 -0.02 -0.03% 1,214,200

woooooooooooowwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaa

thanks much Jrcsoft and doubleflush :lol:

but i was actually looking for my post in yesterdays IDS when i was actually entering these positions, not a big deal, i just wanted to let Wyndy know that somone was shortin the insurers and reinsurers.

thanks for the help

MERCILESS

Archived