Bulgaria - The Weak End Leader

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know people who are self employed (mostly tradesmen) who can't find work and aren't carrying health insurance because they can't afford it. Some of these guys have lost their vehicles, some their homes and their credit is pretty much screwed. Just curious, but what will this bill do to people like I just mentioned? Do they get huge fines and imprisonment if they don't pay or are their other options for them? I didn't know that the government could force its citizens to purchase a private product - this is astonishing! Well, maybe I should start looking at insurance companies in my longer-term account.

Auto insurance is mandatory if you want to drive. But of course making it mandatory to buy health insurance from the private carriers will not solve the problem, since they are the problem.

Your friends with no income are eligible for Medicaid. Poor people are taken care of under the current system through Medicaid, which would be expanded under the legislation, but it would not help those like me who can afford coverage but can't get it because of a pre-existing condition.

Auto insurance is mandatory if you want to drive. But of course making it mandatory to buy health insurance from the private carriers will not solve the problem, since they are the problem.

Your friends with no income are eligible for Medicaid. Poor people are taken care of under the current system through Medicaid, which would be expanded under the legislation, but it would not help those like me who can afford coverage but can't get it because of a pre-existing condition.

Why not just become a Canadian citizen? If I remember, your wife is one.

Yep. The avergage douche on the streets is gonna have his arse tore out da frame by the time they get done screwing him. I can't believe people aren't more outraged. Reminds me of an old Queensryche song, Revolution Calling....

(not lyrics to song)Man, now I am upset. I might have to take a walk. No, it's cold outside. Maybe I can call somebody and vent. No, they won't understand. Maybe I can go lift some weights. That sounds like a really swell idea but, instead, I think I will just go smash the living sheet out of something......

Silent Lucidity...

People are getting pissed but most are still too involved with their gadgets to be bothered....one of the things in the real estate market that no one is talking about are the RE assessments that were done at the peak of the bubble that are just hitting now. You pay in escrow you are getting a hefty bump in your payment starting in Jan.......happened to us and we appealed....and were told to stuff it....now we are gonna get hit with another 10 % tax levy...then there is the resets coming again.....

There is absolutely no way I see us avoiding a collapse in the next year or two...

Definition of "stupid article"....WTF happened to this guy....

A Dangerous Dysfunction

By PAUL KRUGMAN

Published: December 20, 2009

Unless some legislator pulls off a last-minute double-cross, health care reform will pass the Senate this week. Count me among those who consider this an awesome achievement. It’s a seriously flawed bill, we’ll spend years if not decades fixing it, but it’s nonetheless a huge step forward.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/21/opinion/...ugman.html?_r=1

why do people always accept sheet or the lesser of two evils and consider failure an accomplishment ? If my dad and my uncle were here ( the latter who landed on Omaha beach and lived who just passed )...they would be appalled....

TG...what Doc said..this crap is so far down the road and the bill has so much pork attached..no one is gonna see any immediate releif....hell 5 years in the stock market is 30 economic cycles peak to trough....6 months is a 10 year bull....3 months is "you are in it for the long haul".....1 day is a mid range time frame goal, formerly 5 to 10 years....

while waiting 5 years for this health care reform to kick we could end up like WaterWorld. Time is moving in dog years on steroids.

The whole thing is just further adventures in rent seeking. The area where the US is #1. This stuff isn't exactly new. The tycoon who built the Southern Pacific Railroad in the 1880's kept a ledger of the bribes he paid. Up to half a million a year as I recall and that's when a half a million meant something. The bribes were for free land from the government of course. Make no mistake, that railroad and every other were important engines of economic growth. Still, getting them built was a little messy. Anyway this guy said there were three types of politicians The clean. The corrupt and the communist. The clean voted his way without a bribe. The corrupt took the bribes and voted his way. The communists were all who voted against him. Little has changed.

In America you cannot talk about the common good except as achieved through the invisible hand, passing around millions a year, well a millisecond now probably. We always seem to muddle through.

Latest Story

Ben’s Little Game – Professional Edition Fed Report

December 21, 2009 By Lee Adler The Treasury settled $49.7 billion in newly issued debt last week. Surprise, surprise, that’s almost the exact amount of MBS securities the Fed settled to its balance sheet. It has to be a matter of some consternation to Bernanke and Co. that even though the Fed has been conducting these back door maneuvers to support the Treasury, yields have shown an ongoing propensity to rise. This could be an important turning point in the Treasury market. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

( disclosure..I voted for "O"...also have voted for Reagan,,Bush 1..Clinton once,,,Kerry...in my lesser of two evil votes )......and the only Change I've seen is the cash falling out of the stuffed pockets of the pigs in DC and on Wall Street....

Sometimes it sucks being right in your speculations...

My view on this wasn't popular back in November... but as I predicted back then, the Dem majority/admin would disappoint the believers and the faithful, just as the Repubs were disappointed under Bush. That's playing out pretty much exactly as I anticipated (unfortunately, Political Stool has been swept clean, so I am unable to revel in my own brilliance :rolleyes: with the aid of actual quotes).

The upside of my prediction is that this is what's needed for us to get REAL change: a great disillusionment. The Republicans already got 8 years of their great disillusionment; now the Dems are getting their wake-up call with the current admin. Maybe after the party faithful on BOTH sides are truly fed up w/ "business as usual," we can get some real change. Ideally, we'd accomplish that awakening in time to toss 'em all out -- but it will probably take longer than I hope.

Archived