The Titanic is now fully loaded with passengers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love the 12,800 sticksave in the last few seconds....

Bots live

yeah a burst of gov't showprop buying at the close

corrupt failed regime desperate to coverup the Depression

until Nov.

after which they'll unleash poverty and suffering the likes of which this country has never seen

(Continuing from IDS...)

I wanted to go to Circus-Circus as you suggested, but I was outvoted. Next time. It was still all good grub - as I've found it to be reliably so in Vegas. Not exceptional value, but I don't mind overpaying if a restaurant doesn't woefully underperform.

yeah a burst of gov't showprop buying at the close

corrupt failed regime desperate to coverup the Depression

until Nov.

after which they'll unleash poverty and suffering the likes of which this country has never seen

What happened to the happy green print for the weak end shorty ? Gubermint manipulators running a skeleton crew?

(Continuing from IDS...)

I wanted to go to Circus-Circus as you suggested, but I was outvoted. Next time. It was still all good grub - as I've found it to be reliably so in Vegas. Not exceptional value, but I don't mind overpaying if a restaurant doesn't woefully underperform.

Hard to get bad food here on the strip,it's just super expensive but all pretty damn good!

From Mish:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m-lW2xq3nUQ/TzTNv5rT5EI/AAAAAAAAOO0/_gDTJhAM2q4/s1600/%2524BDI%2BDaily.png

I bought Dryships at 13 before it went to 140 (unfortunately didn't hold it very long), so I understand the overbuilding and debt concepts. But this is still kind of head-scratching.

The BDI, along with about every other "indicator" is useless or nearly useless unless:

[1] You can review the actual source data

[2] Have a perfect understanding of how that data is collected and from whom

[3] Have a perfect understanding as to how the data is then processed

In addition, specifically in this case, what are the impacts of externalities such as "excess capacity"

For instance, if the number of ships available just increased significantly and the number of ships on empty backhaul is temporarily up that should crush the index

Conclusion -- it seems the BDI and it's recent plumment is worth a review, but to take that chart on face would be lazy (generally speaking, not pointed at you)

In the end, as presented, it's an interesting chart, but that's about it

Archived