B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 5

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's desperation time for Bush. Daily he is rehearsing for the next debate. Coaches are critiqueing his every move.

"Don't make that expression."

"Stand up straighter."

"Don't pause so long when you answer."

"Don't do that with your hands."

"Don't get angry - it makes you sound desperate."

"Try to be relaxed."

"Not that relaxed, you're coming across as goofy."

"Don't stumble on your words like that."

He will be a self concious ball of twitching nerves by the time the debate starts.

I thought the debate was pretty even,no-one landed any knock out punchs,it will be forgotten by tomorrow.

I agree no-one really cares about VP debates unless something dramatic happens.

The one interesting point I would make is that Cheney has that look on his face of utter contempt for the whole process.

They cant believe that people arent showering them with roses for "protecting" the US from the bad guys,to think they actually have to stand up and justify the war is just beyond the pale.

They should be feted as heroes and not be subject to all this scrutiny.

Something went very wrong with the overall script didnt it.

ike.jpg

Eisenhower's Farewell Address to the Nation

January 17, 1961

photo & text source: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ike.htm

We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without asking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

bushSmirk1.jpg

Huh?

Cheney said over 900,000 small businesses that file as individual taxpayers would be hit by Kerry's tax plan, that this would adversely affect their creation of new jobs.

From Arron Brown on CNN, Fact Checking,

Only about 471,000 people with small businesses file as individual taxpayers.

Most are part time, sideline businesses and the overwhelming number of them

have NO employees.

Interesting that it was Cheney that gave the webaddy for the Fact Checking site.

LOL

Ike wimped out. He was told to play ball with the military industrial complex or get killed. He played ball. The only way for a president to handle the military industrial complex is to draft a form letter upon his/her taking power. Said letter to be delivered to bankers, corporate boards, mafioso, and military leaders. The letter should state: "Upon my assassination, you and your family will be slaughtered by a carefully chosen operative. It is therefore in your best interest to make sure I remain alive."

Then, of course, returning the power to issue money to Congress, dismantling of Fed and the American war and terror machine, and the establishment of a level societal playing field as expressed in the constitution, and any number of other beneficial actions could be pursued.

Sorry, I'm delusional. Better go take my Prozac and calm down. <_<

letters from GIs in Iraq.

Sent: Sunday March 28 2004 7.56pm

Subject: "Dude, Where's My Country?"

I am an LCPL in the US Marine Corps and veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Mr Moore, please keep pounding away at Bush. I'm not some pussy when it comes to war. However, the position we were put in - fighting an enemy that used women, children, and other civilians as shields; forcing us to choose between firing at "area targets" (nice way of saying firing into crowds) or being killed by the bastards using the crowds for cover - is indescribably horrible.

I saw more than a few dead children littering the streets in Nasiriyah, along with countless other civilians. And through all this, I held on to the belief that it had to be for some greater good.

Months have passed since I've been back home and the unfortunate conclusion I've come to is that Bush is a lying, manipulative motherfornicateer who cares nothing for the lives of those of us who serve in uniform. Hell, other than playing dress-up on aircraft carriers, what would he know about serving this nation in uniform?

His silence and refusal to speak under oath to the 9/11 Commission further mocks our country. The Patriot Act violates every principle we fight and die for. And all of this has been during his first term. Can you imagine his policies when he doesn't have to worry about re-election? We can't allow that to happen, and there are so many like me in the military who feel this way. We were lied to and used. And there aren't words to describe the sense of betrayal I feel as a result.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1319718,00.html

Cheney said over 900,000 small businesses that file as individual taxpayers would be hit by Kerry's tax plan, that this would adversely affect their creation of new jobs.

From Arron Brown on CNN, Fact Checking,

Only about 471,000 people with small businesses file as individual taxpayers.

Most are part time, sideline businesses and the overwhelming number of them

have NO employees.

Interesting that it was Cheney that gave the webaddy for the Fact Checking site.

LOL

Thanks for pointing that out. That was one point I had thought Cheney had won. I thought both came off as decent guys concerning Cheney's daughter. Other than that both got their points for whatever they're worth out. Cheney continued lying and Edwards made sure he spouted the company line regardless of the question. Not much to choose from. Cheney could have buried Edwards on the ambulance chasing thing and declined while Cheney chose not to respond to the gay marriage thing. He knows the adm. is on the wrong side on that one. Probably the only plank George gets. I was disappointed Edwards did not say we will pull out of Iraq. Nothing to choose from in my mind. However I will vote for Kerry.

Archived