Politics Free Weak End

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you were duped

Bristol is five months pregnant right now, no way she could be the mother of four-month-old Trig

simple 'rithmetic

684907[/snapback]

Barack Obama addressed a gaggle of reporters this afternoon to discuss the latest goings-on with Hurricane Gustav. After brief opening comments on the much-hyped, overly politicized hurricane, reporters were curious about one thing: 17-year-old Bristol Palin?s pregnancy, made public today.

?I have heard some of the news on this and so let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people?s families are off limits, and people?s children are especially off limits. This shouldn?t be part of our politics,? the Democrat said forcefully. ?It has no relevance to Governor Palin?s performance as governor, or her potential performance as a VP. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,? he continued.

The candidate who himself was born to a teenage mom, reminded reporters, ?You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and you know teenage children, that shouldn?t be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that?s off limits.?

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/01...ncy-off-limits/

I have to agree with Obama on this.

ok, here is my opinion on the Pound:

GBP/USD

it is Dover Sole (daily RSI below 30 criteria) since Aug 11, then it was 1000 pips higher. When a stock/security/currency is storngly trending then you can throw overbought/Dover Sole indicators into the garbage can.

It lost the uptrend, it lost the channel and now t even lost the 38 fibo at 1.8304 without any major fight. Technically - and that is what finally counts - GBP/USD is effed and has next support not before 1.7422 (minor chance is that 1.8000 will hold, we dipped below that today, but today was low volume day)

post-510-1220301058_thumb.jpg

zoom:

post-510-1220301171_thumb.jpg

AGAIN a reportage on german tv about German J6P's who buy houses in Florida. There was a house which came down in price from 370k USD to 190k USD.

Thats the second reportage within a few days about that topic on german tv. The question is: Will those germans be the bagholders soon, or did they buy for a reasonable price? Is 50% down a serious downmove? Is 190k USD a total overvaluation? A house prices in the US basically cheaper in Germany and can it be that those germans dont get that? Questions over questions...

... i subscribe to several free newsletters and at the end of last year/early this year almost every newsletter i got in my email was about commodities. Email newsletters are the barbor of our time.

684910[/snapback]

Would love to know the reasoning of buying a house in another country that at minimum requires an expensive airplane trip to go visit. Even at $190k, that's still a chunk of change out of the family budget every month. Then there are all the issues of long distance ownership, taxes, and insurance.

Barack Obama addressed a gaggle of reporters this afternoon to discuss the latest goings-on with Hurricane Gustav. After brief opening comments on the much-hyped, overly politicized hurricane, reporters were curious about one thing: 17-year-old Bristol Palin?s pregnancy, made public today.

?I have heard some of the news on this and so let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people?s families are off limits, and people?s children are especially off limits. This shouldn?t be part of our politics,? the Democrat said forcefully. ?It has no relevance to Governor Palin?s performance as governor, or her potential performance as a VP. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,? he continued.

The candidate who himself was born to a teenage mom, reminded reporters, ?You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and you know teenage children, that shouldn?t be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that?s off limits.?

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/01...ncy-off-limits/

I have to agree with Obama on this.

684916[/snapback]

The media is going to digest or should say scrutinized as every other candidate?s/president?s/vice president?s child has been before them, like the Kennedys, the Johnsons, the Nixons, Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, the Bush twins.

Ditto for the Palins ? they made that choice when they said yes.

And for a family that?s supposedly big on family values, they shouldn?t have anything to hide if they?ve consented to this scrutiny, yes?

Being a new fresh face is red meat to the media and the fact that she and her family had never been vetted by the national media only adds to the excitment and desire for information about them.

Sorry but that is the reality of the situation!

wonder why their engineers are bothering to reinvent the wheel. A browser is a browser these days.

684919[/snapback]

For a look at the direction of future browsing, check out these videos about the Mozilla Aurora Concept Browser:

http://erikmednis.com/mozillas-aurora-paints-a-picture/

Keep in mind that the kids who are developing this interface were probably born with a CPU in their hand...

The media is going to digest or should say scrutinized as every other candidate?s/president?s/vice president?s child has been before them, like the Kennedys, the Johnsons, the Nixons, Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, the Bush twins.

Ditto for the Palins ? they made that choice when they said yes. 

And for a family that?s supposedly big on family values, they shouldn?t have anything to hide if they?ve consented to this scrutiny, yes?

Being a new fresh face is red meat to the media and the fact that she and her family had never been vetted by the national media only adds to the excitment and desire for information about them. 

Sorry but that is the reality of the situation!

684920[/snapback]

"Kennedys, the Johnsons, the Nixons, Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, the Bush twins. "

Well, they all won any way, so...............

I'm always amazed & amused by stock newsletter ads. One guy, whom K Wave referred to as a pump & dumper, is constantly sending out email ads bragging about his triple digit gains on individual stocks. Turns out he has 4 mutual funds under his name that cover the same sectors that his newsletters do. They are down 12% to 19% YTD. I guess his stocks drop by 90% and double after that, or some such thing that would make his assertions technically true over some period of time. Or maybe he had a few triple digit gains with a lot of 80% losses. Amazing.

Archived