B4 The Bell Frieday October 1

The Fed reduced the repo pool by a small $0.5B, but at the same increased their 'agency' repos by $0.7B - to roughly about $4.75B.

So the FNM concern meter just advanced a little more today.

Re China: It would be in their interest to make a small concession in exchange rates to get a seat at the G-7 table. The current exchange rate system contributes to an overly rapid expansion in their money supply, as the inflexibility of currency exchange leads to the accumulation of dollar deposits. A more market orientated exchange rate would help the Chinese central bank get better control of their money supply.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiction, Reality.. I'm confused.

JON STEWART: [interjecting] Ed. Ed, I?m sorry. You?ve written your report as though it's already happened. This is, is??

HELMS: Yeah, I wrote it yesterday.

STEWART: You write you stories in advance? And then put it in the past tense?

HELMS: Yeah. We all do. All the reporters do that.

STEWART: Why?

HELMS: We write the narratives in advance based on conventional wisdom, and then whatever happens, we make it fit that storyline.

STEWART: Why?

HELMS: We... We?re lazy. Lazy thinkers.

STEWART: But what happens if actual news happens?

HELMS: That?s what bloggers are for.

AP, wanting to get the jump on the competition, has already written a past-tense account of tonight's "debate." It was posted briefly on ABC's site, then pulled.

http://www.pastpeak.com/

The idea of nationhood in this world is becoming a relic. Global corporations run things. They own the politicians. Nations are an artifact. This is one world, like it or not. The real bosses are GE, XOM, C, JPM, WMT, China Inc. and a few others. MSFT would be, but they have made so many enemies they are losing a popular uprising guerilla war. Eventually, if you offend and step on enough people, they will rise up. Not in the US of course, where people just want their SOMA, but in the rest of the world.

I like the Sprite in you :lol:

Archived