Riverboat Capsized

B4 you underestimate the brilliance of these corporate fatcats it was 90 million for your boy Lebron...lol

From the GG annual report:

"You have to choose, as a voter, between the natural stability of gold and the natural stability and intelligence of the members of government. And with due respect to these gentleman, I advise you, as long as the capitalist system lasts, to vote for gold'

George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sum- great post on GG!

brian-4 thanks for nailing nike....my thoughts exactly

mousey- holding my 2 y/o as I read this ... she sees your post and yells ears! then she lets one and yells TOOTIE!

looking forward to meeting stoolies in nyc.

wish everyone could be there.

makiing money on rrpix... thank you Doc

regarding california.

i was just thinking how this feels like late-1989 and early 1990 (BTW i said it last year too). back then, it felt like our diverse economic base had prevented us from dipping while the rest of the country ate it. then came spring 1990, and it was clear by then that the top has been summer-1989. the socal real estate market is insane - thats the only way to describe it - you cant go wrong, we're supply constrained, strong econ base, etc - the same argueents as the last time. debt is not feared, it is simply a cost of doing business and the more the better. you can easily pay over $750K for a 50-y.o., 8 plex of all 1br units in a marginal district. most tenants dont speak english as a native tongue, but there are 3 families in each 1br unit, so they should be able to make the rent. if they have walk-in closets, thats a plus, can be converted into a separate bedroom (kinda). no the schools suck, they're overcrowded, but if you want to buy in a good school district, you need to pay up with a higher multiplier (GIM). it is just insane.

Summoner I stand corrected-90 Million it is-God help us all! I assume its guaranteed so if he trips over a beer bottle and blows out his knee he will still get paid. Mousey-i can think of nothing better than to send Rookhoser and Froolich and Cramer to Baghdad and let them do 30 days on night patrol armed only with their wits. trade Safe!

Did you see the lastest COT report?

http://www.vtoreport.com/sentiment/cot.htm

BEARX should do fine.

I didn't see that until just now, but I remember when I first saw that chart posted here. It was right before the rally began. It was pointed out that the small trader ("Quick Buck Freddy") was heavily long while the smart money was short, and the usual contrarian arguments were made. Well, as we all know, Jim Cramer and "Quick Buck Freddy" were right.

The sentiment data was so useful over the last few years, but it's stopped working. The money isn't sloshing around between traders anymore, it's coming in from the sidelines. The insiders are selling shares right into the retirement accounts of J6P, who is taking all his refi money and stuffing it down the g-strings of the supermodels. I love Joe, but after this rally he will truly deserve the economic pain he will be getting in the upcoming months and years.

Coboy,

Takey a lookie at the third chart here:

http://www.trading-ideas.com/Info/IIAChart.asp

If you can scare me up some bears please contact me :wink2: :lol:

Don't think too much...the trend is now confirmed D-O-W-N per many reliable measures. First time since March 13th when the same measures pointed north.

Time to start shorting rallies, not buying dips.

Hi, shorting the rallies is working.

Not a lot, but safe so far. Got hurt the worst on

a long that crapped out this week - VLCCF !

market meter is still slipping down

Am loosening my stops a bit to keep from shaking out

as I tended to get shaken out too much this week.

I am scoring best with stop limit sell orders at strike prices below

so that if the prices go up I don't get filled. When I do get filled it

is because the price came down to strike price.

Motley dont fade the commercials. I learned the hard way. The boyz flipped to net long in March and I found every reason I could to ignore them: cycles, technicals, fundamentals, sentiment indicators, VIX, PCR etc and you know the rest of the story! Will be adding to way in the money puts building my ladder next week!

Motley dont fade the commercials. I learned the hard way. The boyz flipped to net long in March and I found every reason I could to ignore them: cycles, technicals, fundamentals, sentiment indicators, VIX, PCR etc and you know the rest of the story! Will be adding to way in the money puts building my ladder next week!

I won't forget that wrongful rationalization re COT last March either - luckily I wised up quickly after that. :lol:

Also, one may laugh at things like Bradley model and geocosmic stuff but dising it last March was costly, very costly.

Guess what is due July 2 or 3 (besides NYCASS)? And everything is confirming it too!

LeBron is the real deal. He just might not have a league to play in four years from now :lol: he made a good move taking all that cash. Seen a few interviews with him, he seems very articulate and level-headed for 18 years old. No one's worth 90 million, but unfortunately in our society, we're dumb enough to pay $140 for a pair of Air Joortans that cost $3 to make. Multiply by tens of million pairs of shoes per year and all that money's gonna go somewhere.

Archived