Riverboat Capsized

I have a question if anyone wants to respond,

Could it be that today is to Monday what Wednesday was to Thursday ie., a bear trap into the EOM?

Regarding the "gone to the Hamptons" theory. I get off at the Wall Street stop on the Lexington Line (the stop you used to see all of those sallow, ashen faced people getting off of at the beginning of "Wall Street Week" when Lose Rookuser was still on it.). I know how populated the trains are on those getaway days and today wasn't one of them. My train was packed. The Wall Street area was packed. At lunch time the streets were as populated as they are on any regular day. This is purely anadotal but, I don't think the "gone to the Hamptons" excuse holds stool. They were all at work.

Somehow I don't think that we are talking about the same crowd. The Hampton's people I had in mind aren't the one reaching into their pockets for subway tokens. :P

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

article: Some Bears Still Growling (courtesy of cbs.marketwatch.com)

snippets:

The rally since March has gradually convinced most of the geezers, as I like to call the veteran letters that were around at the time of the last bear market low in 1974. ... Convinced them all -- except for the real grumps.
"New bull market? I don't think so, albeit the momentum players think so. The extended rally in the market may have the shelf life of half-ripe banana."
Roleau's reasoning is fundamentalist: "The major U.S. market averages are currently not anywhere near undervaluation ... He suggests working off the 1990s bubble could take nearly another decade -- until 2012.

As you know, I'm a bear and fully in BEARX now. But, after what I've seen, I'm a little cautious at calling the top. With the top being called here by Doc, Brian and others, Fleck sounding that the top is in or nearly so and readying to go short again, and that spooky chart of Gold '80/Nikkei '92/Nasdaq '00, I'm getting a little more optimistic. Still, I'm a pessimist at heart and wouldn't be surprised if Cramer and the Boys can jam it further.

As you know, I'm a bear and fully in BEARX now. But, after what I've seen, I'm a little cautious at calling the top. With the top being called here by Doc, Brian and others, Fleck sounding that the top is in or nearly so and readying to go short again, and that spooky chart of Gold '80/Nikkei '92/Nasdaq '00, I'm getting a little more optimistic. Still, I'm a pessimist at heart and wouldn't be surprised if Cramer and the Boys can jam it further.

Relax, you're in good company.

Did you see the lastest COT report?

http://www.vtoreport.com/sentiment/cot.htm

BEARX should do fine.

Archived