IDS World Markets Thurs 11th October 07

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was so confident that the move in the gold stocks had further to go that I even added another long to our chart pick list this morning-- a third rate junior miner.

Which is a sign that the move probably is over. :lol: :lol: :lol:

614216[/snapback]

Doc- I vehemntly disagree!The SUREFIRE sign was when I got stopped out of my $$$$ Double Dong position and bought GDX on the open!

A definite Top in the goldies is in! :lol:

614237[/snapback]

I was NOT kidding about that GG target-raise by UBS being a sell signal.

Very cool.  My girl Doris has won the Nobel Prize for Literature.  It's nice when it's someone I've actually read.  :D

614238[/snapback]

She is also probably one of the oldest people anywhere to have her own page on the popular social networking web site MySpace.

On a recent visit the site announced, under the label "Female - 87 years old," that "Doris Lessing has 136 friends."

Well, I hope you join her.

Very cool.? My girl Doris has won the Nobel Prize for Literature.? It's nice when it's someone I've actually read.?  :D

614238[/snapback]

She is also probably one of the oldest people anywhere to have her own page on the popular social networking web site MySpace.

On a recent visit the site announced, under the label "Female - 87 years old," that "Doris Lessing has 136 friends."

614243[/snapback]

Join her? Hey, he's DATING her ! ! ! !

Very cool.? My girl Doris has won the Nobel Prize for Literature.? It's nice when it's someone I've actually read.?? :D

614238[/snapback]

614243[/snapback]

Join her? Hey, he's DATING her ! ! ! !

614244[/snapback]

Well, she Is a dish.

AP_British_writer_Doris_Lessing_in_north_London_eng_195_11oct07.jpg

That SPY/EEM ratio chart is getting mighty dDover Sole on all timeframes again. The weekly RSI is at 24 today.

This ratio chart (showing submerging outperformance vis-a-vis the SPX) has gotten this dDover Sole six prior times since the beginning of 2004. In each occurrence, both submerging and the SPX sold off shortly thereafter. Usually submerging takes the pipe first, followed by the SPX.

We saw this in Mar04, Feb05, Sept05, Jan06, May06, Jul07 and now in Oct07.

Following these spike lows in the SPY/EEM ratio, the SPX sold off 9%, 7.5%, 6.3%, 3.3%, 8% and 12% respectively. The EEM sold off 22%, 14%, 13%, 10%, 27% and 23% respectively.

Meaningless information, to be sure.

post-2169-1192120292_thumb.jpg

Holy crap.

I just checked, and the stock I added this morning as of the open already hit its intermediate target. The rule is that we are out when the target is hit. It was a 13% gain in the space of 2 hours.

614219[/snapback]

Doc- The reason could be that when Newmont bought out MNG they paid a whopping $135 per resource ounce.That revalues all the Juniors to a much higher price. Thats why I bought GDX. It has exposure to the Juniors!

Archived