IDS World Markets Thurs 11th October 07

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was so confident that the move in the gold stocks had further to go that I even added another long to our chart pick list this morning-- a third rate junior miner.

Which is a sign that the move probably is over. :lol: :lol: :lol:

614216[/snapback]

Link, please?

614218[/snapback]

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/?p=1781

Also over in the left sidebar menu. WSE Pro Precious Metals Update.

614222[/snapback]

Thanks.

The other picks are all getting close to their targets. Another surge today or tomorrow and we will be completely out of the gold stocks. On the other hand, if they consolidate for a few days here, the projections could move higher still.

If they hit the projections now we'd be looking at gains of 25-30% in a little over a month.

sheesh :o

The other picks are all getting close to their targets. Another surge today or tomorrow and we will be completely out of the gold stocks. On the other hand, if they consolidate for a few days here, the projections could move higher still.

If they hit the projections now we'd be looking at gains of 25-30% in a little over a month. 

614226[/snapback]

Still find it odd that so many fraudex bears are huge goldie bulls, when they have been moving in tandem. If you're bullish on the goldies, seems like you should be bullish on schlocks in general. We have yet to see the goldies ramp without an accompanying broad schlock ramp.

It sounds like government work is dangerous and difficult. :lol:

Posted on Thu, Oct. 11, 2007

Congress considers

Concord hazardous?

LISA ZAGAROLI

NASCAR fans might seem rabid, but are they actually contagious?

Getting a hepatitis shot is standard procedure for travelers to parts of Africa and Asia, but some congressional aides were instructed to get immunized before going to Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord and the racetrack in Talladega, Ala.

The House Homeland Security Committee planned a fact-finding trip about public health preparedness at mass gatherings and decided to conduct the research at two of the nation's most heavily attended sporting events, NASCAR's Bank of America 500 event this weekend and the UAW-Ford 500 last weekend.

Staff who organized the trips advised the NASCAR-bound aides to get a range of vaccines before attending -- hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria and influenza.

http://www.charlotte.com/109/v-print/story/314034.html

Rep. Robin Hayes, a Republican from Concord, took umbrage when he heard about it.

"I have never heard of immunizations for domestic travel, and as the representative for Concord, N.C., I feel compelled to ask why the heck the committee feels that immunizations are needed to travel to my hometown," Hayes said in an Oct. 5 letter to Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., who chairs the Homeland Security panel.

"I have been to numerous NASCAR races, and the folks who attend these events certainly do not pose any health hazard to congressional staffers or anyone else," Hayes added.

Lauri Wilks, vice president of communications for Speedway Motorsports, which owns Lowe's Motor Speedway and other tracks, said Wednesday that immunizations aren't needed for the race.

"There's no health risk that we know of," she said, laughing. "We have never had any disease outbreak during one of our weekends."

The four aides were asked to explore public health issues at events involving large gatherings, such as how law enforcement and medical personnel would respond to an act of terrorism or other emergency. Lawmakers weren't part of the trip.

The staffers traveled to Talladega last weekend, and are scheduled to be at Lowe's Motor Speedway this weekend.

Thompson said the immunizations are commonly recommended for people working in hospitals, holding centers and similar locations.

"Since committee staff members are visiting hospital and other health-care facilities available at or near these venues, including areas where groups of people are detained before being transferred to other off-site facilities, I believe that the recommendation (not requirement) that our congressional staff receive these same immunizations was sound," Thompson said in a letter responding to Hayes issued Wednesday.

"I am sure you would agree that providing immunizations to personnel involved in public safety is good public health policy, and there is no need to exclude staff from taking the preventative measures that the public health community recommends -- regardless of why and where mass gatherings are taking place," Thompson said in the letter.

Jim Walker, Alabama's director of homeland security, said the congressional committee aides who visited Talladega worked hard. He said they were trying to determine whether the state and federal emergency response system was adequate to handle a situation at such a large event.

"I might have been a little skeptical about this visit coming in, but these folks worked," Walker said.

He said the aides went on patrols with law enforcement, toured facilities and interviewed first responders, hazardous materials teams and other officials.

Walker said he hadn't recommended the immunizations, nor were they necessary. He suggested a possible health risk to them was the voluminous notes they took.

"I'm sure they needed to soak their wrists, they wrote so much," he said.

614226[/snapback]

The market for the metal stocks is very strong. I just sold 10,000 shares of East plats in London. I put in a limit order well above the bid (not expecting it to get filled) and the MM nearly took my hand off taking the shares. This stuff is just been snapped up right now.

post-2479-1192117781_thumb.jpg

Louis Navellier is currently on Bloomberg. I have not seen him since 1999 when he was a fixture on Crapvision pumping tech stocks. He does have an envious record of performance, but, he is also the type of a guy one loves to hate----he is too flamboyant(see above ad) and perennial mo mo monkey.

Some of the picks that he gave out were: drum roll

Tech

:lol: GOOG

:lol: RIMM

:lol: APPL

Energy

:lol: SLB

:lol: RIG

Dry Bulk Shippers

:lol: DRYS

Oh, he also said don't worry about the economy, we have elections coming up. I think that he said something about politicians and the FED being up to the task and that they wouldn't let anything negative happen.

Run

I was so confident that the move in the gold stocks had further to go that I even added another long to our chart pick list this morning-- a third rate junior miner.

Which is a sign that the move probably is over. :lol: :lol: :lol:

614216[/snapback]

Doc- I vehemntly disagree!The SUREFIRE sign was when I got stopped out of my $$$$ Double Dong position and bought GDX on the open!

A definite Top in the goldies is in! :lol:

Archived