My Message for today

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bulls Keep Doing It – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Monday, July 13, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The net aggregate differential between buy and sell side indications rose from -1221 to -489. This move comes off a higher low. Last Thursday’s low of -1396 was well within the range where short term lows form and still above the June 16 low of -1631. Intermediate price lows are typically preceded by at least one or two or even more higher lows on this indicator. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

From Richard Russell''s daily letter. :rolleyes:

And from the McClellan Market Report -- Most government economists fail to understand that creating more money has a lagged effect on the financial markets and on the economy. It takes about 8 months for a surge in M-1 growth to hit the stock market, and we are now due for the echo of the Fed's big money-printing effort of late 2008. That should bring a strong rally to an August top, probably starting from a bottom that our predictive signals say is due July 14-17. But the rapid braking the Fed did on the printing presses in January and February means that September and October are going to be UGLY

From Richard Russell''s daily letter. :rolleyes:

And from the McClellan Market Report -- Most government economists fail to understand that creating more money has a lagged effect on the financial markets and on the economy. It takes about 8 months for a surge in M-1 growth to hit the stock market, and we are now due for the echo of the Fed's big money-printing effort of late 2008. That should bring a strong rally to an August top, probably starting from a bottom that our predictive signals say is due July 14-17. But the rapid braking the Fed did on the printing presses in January and February means that September and October are going to be UGLY

Is M1 the Dog or the Tail?

:lol: You know it's just really sad. You can't hold onto any thing for too long. When I went to bed last night (5:00 a.m. eastern 3:00 a.m. local), it looked like the bears had everything under control. Wake up at 11:00 a.m. local time here and everything got completely reversed once the New York session began. I'm getting sick and tired of this crap . . . :ph34r:

The idea that there's some kind of magical 8 month lag between M1 and the stock market is absolutely laughable. There's not a shred of evidence to support that.

Here's a chart with M1 shifted forward 8 months so that where M1 was 8 months ago lines up with SPX today. I've also included a 12 month rate of change.

spxM1.png

Dreier got a big discount on the years he's serving.

"Marc Dreier, the New York law firm- founder, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for defrauding hedge funds of more than $400 million and stealing money from his clients. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=a8OstHJoK_JY

At least 400 M lost / 20 years = 20M a year

Madoff paid dearly for the years he's spending in the slammer

at least 20.000 M lost / 150 years = 133M a year

talk about deflation!

The idea that there's some kind of magical 8 month lag between M1 and the stock market is absolutely laughable. There's not a shred of evidence to support that.

Here's a chart with M1 shifted forward 8 months so that where M1 was 8 months ago lines up with SPX today. I've also included a 12 month rate of change.

If it only were that easy! :lol:

Archived