Happy Weekend Greenprint

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doc,

the huge selling of GSE's by FCB's may only be a temporary effect, due to Japanese repatriation, which happend this week and which should be more ro less over. They do this at the end of their full (march30) and half (sep 30) fiscal year. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but we had HUGE moves ijn Yen crosses in the past due to this repatriation.

686044[/snapback]

For 7 weeks in a row? :blink: Nope, never happened before. Not even close. Read the whole report.

I would love it if NJ gets pounded by this hurricane.....always good for free firewood.

Disclaimer:  I have a wood burning stove that I use A LOT

205301W_sm.gif

686053[/snapback]

It's only a tropical storm. Not much firewood. Plenty of rain though.

So, they dont safe Fanny and Freddy but nonetheless Futures are rallying after hours??? This goes above my head sorry.

just mins ago during that Palin speech there in Michigan: "USA! USA! USA!" i always have to think about Homer Simpson when i hear that  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

sometimes for foreigners the US is hard to understand. There is this possibility that there will be a vice president who is openly against sexual education of the youth?  :huh:

686071[/snapback]

Why not? We already have an entire government administration that's against it. Federal law!! Teach sex ed other than abstinence only and your district loses Federal Funding.

By the way, if yu want to talk about derelection, use the link to polystool that speakeasy started on the first page of the thread. I'd rather not see it leaking into this thread. Last weekend was enough. I forgot about polystool. You can also get there from the first page of the message board.

Weather Freaks!

I'm probably going to lose the Internet here due to rain fade (3-6 inches!) for the next 48 hours, but here's an extremely nice interactive Weather Map to play with.

The URl is set for Hanna, but just drag it down to watch Ike. Also note the keyboard commands to the right. Here, you can walk thru previous and future periods, model runs, map types, etc. Very informative mashup of several data sources.

Enjoy (so far as it is)

:rolleyes:

And for those blessed with decent weather:

The Insane Grilling FAQ

1. What do you do with a quart of fresh Blueberries from a neighbor?

Figure out how to grill them.

2. Why did you do this?

Because I can.

3. How did you grill them?

Stuffed them in cored Jalape?os with Cream Cheese*.

Grilled for 40 minutes at 350F.

Support them vertically while grilling...

4. How did it look?

The Blueberry juice came to the top of the Jalape?o and was Blueish with

the Cream Cheese.

5. How did it taste?

Just like you would expect. The tangy hot Jalape?o combined with the

Cream Cheese and Blueberries.

Altogether very pleasing and balanced.

6 Would you try this insanity again?

Oh yes, there's still a good quart of Blueberries left.

* Cream Cheese - I mean REAL Philly Cream Cheese, not any low fat crap.

:lol:

If I own 50 FRE Sept. 5 Puts (My Pai Gow Purchase from last week) What happens if they let the stock go to 0. There has been no details released yet so maybe they will bail out the common owners too.Tanks in advance.Brick

686091[/snapback]

Nope. Looks like you're gonna CLEAN UP -- BIG TIME.

WASHINGTON ? Senior officials from the Bush administration and the Federal Reserve on Friday informed top executives of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the mortgage finance giants, that the government was preparing to seize the two companies and place them in a conservatorship, officials and company executives briefed on the discussions said.

The plan, effectively a government bailout, was outlined in separate meetings that the chief executives were summoned to attend on Friday at the office of the companies? new regulator. The executives were told that, under the plan, they and their boards would be replaced, shareholders would be virtually wiped out, but the companies would be able to continue functioning with the government generally standing behind their debt, people briefed on the discussions said.

NYTimes

Read the whole story. It's possible The Times got this wrong -- but very unlikely. Both the common and the preferred are TOAST.

burnt_toast-724090.jpg

Archived