B4 the Bell. Turdsday Aug 19, 2004

Guest yobob1

Al-Sadr Rejects Iraq Ultimatum, Aide Says

37 minutes ago

NAJAF, Iraq - Militant Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr rejected on Thursday a government ultimatum to disarm his militia immediately and pull them out of a holy Shiite shrine here without conditions, an al-Sadr aide said.

They are obviously "making him an offer he can't accept."

Disarming his militia means they get their throats slit.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IS this guy Plunger?  "I believe that today the government and central bankers will do whatever it takes to try to prop up the markets, to keep the asset bubbles inflated. Following the1987 crash, the Working Group on Financial Markets was formed to prevent future market debacles. Nowadays it?s rather obvious that their efforts are directed at not simply preventing crashes but to keep the market from falling much at all."      http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/r.../2004/0818.html

Yeah, but did he mention the Ameritrade outages? It just went down.

My Ameritrade account is out.

I assume there's a sh!tstorm on the way.

IS this guy Plunger?  "I believe that today the government and central bankers will do whatever it takes to try to prop up the markets, to keep the asset bubbles inflated. Following the1987 crash, the Working Group on Financial Markets was formed to prevent future market debacles. Nowadays it?s rather obvious that their efforts are directed at not simply preventing crashes but to keep the market from falling much at all."      http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/r.../2004/0818.html

I got in on the wireless site.

http://www.amtdw.com/

I was getting a little nostalgic for the good old days, when the Matrix would simply take Ameritrade offline for the first half hour of trading until they could turn the ship around and take the selling pressure off. It's good to know that this Matrix tool is still in use - and will be used in extremely ugly circumstances to prevent a waterfall collapse. Thank God for the Matrix, and Dear Leader.

The script calls for today to be the fourth up day in a row. Therefore they will pull out all the stops to make it so. They are not letting Google trade until the indexes turn green, which is scheduled to occur shortly after 10 a.m. - at which time the Ameritrade site will suddenly function flawlessly.

Thank you Dear Leader for keeping me in my long positions and not letting me make the foolish mistake of shorting stocks and doubting that you know what's best for me.

I pledge allegiance, to the Matrix.

I'm of the opinion that when the U.S. Ponzi scheme goes down, the Third World will default en masse on the rich countries' loans. Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, and dozens of smaller debtors will bid "bye-bye suckers." You want money? Come down and pick soybeans ... bring your bushel baskets! :lol:

When the US Treasury is obliged to abandon any pretense that it will repay foreign creditors, we perhaps might see a similar spectacle over here. "We plant 'em; U pick 'em."

Or maybe a garage sale at Sandia National Laboratories.

My Ameritrade account is out.

I assume there's a sh!tstorm on the way.

Just watch CNBS.

When you see the DOW index turn green - simply log on and buy tech stocks.

Think Oil is fairly priced....Front Page...Lead story... todays National Post...byline A nto La Guardia...Headline...Iran warns Israel of First Strike..."One week after successfully testing a Missile capable of striking any point in the middle east, Iran warned the United States and Israel yesterday that it is ready to launch a pre emptive strike to stop them from attacking its Nuclear facilities. Ali Shamkhani, the Iranian Defense Minister, said the prescence of U.S. Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan is no threat to Tehran, on the contrary he said , American Soldiers are now Irans hostages. Mr Shamkhani in an interview with Al Jazeera TV warned that iran will not sit with our arms folded to wait for what others will do to us."...Earlier yesterday a Commander of Irans Elite Revolutionary Guards was quoted in the Iranian press as saying Tehran would strike the israeli reactor at Dimona if Israel attacks the islamic republics Nuclear facilities." UH Oh! ;)

BB: Re leading indicators. Not to woory sez barfing.com, since it is bad it is all bad news. "he leading indicators report (10 ET) is expected to show a July decline following June's tumble. The back-to-back declines reflect the 'soft patch' referenced by Chief Greenspan and are plainly viewed in the economy. All but 2 of the 10 components are old news (released data)."

Is somebody nervous??????

Temporary Open Market Operations for August 19, 2004

Last updated: August 19, 2004 09:52 AM

Number of operations today: 2

Delivery date: Thursday, August 19, 2004

Maturity date: Friday, August 20, 2004

Type of operation: O/N RP 1

Operation close time: 09:45 AM

Total Money Value of Operation (in $bil.) 9.250

Delivery date: Thursday, August 19, 2004

Maturity date: Thursday, September 02, 2004

Type of operation: 14-day RP 1