Metamorphosis

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
about YEN:

todays low is 116.01, yesterdays was 115.99, right now YEN is at 116.40.

rog, maybe you had a bad print on your plattform or so, but YEN didnt fall below 116, it didnt even test trendline at 115.82. In my opionion, BoJ will never give up to intervene, but that doesnt mean usdjpy cant go down, it just isnt a profitable pair to trade anymore, too tricky, too slowly movin.......

FX,

I'm looking at CME futures. Yesterday we gapped over 86 and the BoJ failed to pound it back down as they always do in this magic area. This has peaked my interest because the BoJ has been forecful and blatant in defending this line. Maybe they are sucking in speculators or maybe they have walked away. Either way my interest is peaked.

Guest Icky Twerp

Margin Call at the Nasdaq, a crack in the Government facade...

Gentle Men & Ladies, I am here to be HERE as IT happens. I am here because of the Good Doctor, but I want to be here to hear what rog, Wndysrf, Piles, Bare, MH, Bhudda, Fokker, Mouse, and all the rest say as it happens. We all know it's going to happen, the when is the question.

The Good Doctor said today was important. Well, let's just have a look...

about YEN:

todays low is 116.01, yesterdays was 115.99, right now YEN is at 116.40.

rog, maybe you had a bad print on your plattform or so, but YEN didnt fall below 116, it didnt even test trendline at 115.82. In my opionion, BoJ will never give up to intervene, but that doesnt mean usdjpy cant go down, it just isnt a profitable pair to trade anymore, too tricky, too slowly movin.......

FX,

I'm looking at CME futures. Yesterday we gapped over 86 and the BoJ failed to pound it back down as they always do in this magic area. This has peaked my interest because the BoJ has been forecful and blatant in defending this line. Maybe they are sucking in speculators or maybe they have walked away. Either way my interest is peaked.

BOJ may believe that domestic recovery has taken hold, and they can let the J-yen strengthen a bit.

That logic seems doubtful. 'Competitive devaluation' is still the only game in town. Once you're gone, you can never come back ...

ooohhh Doc, if ya did something to the stool, please, change it back. :D

it's coming up all whacky this morning....the whole page is super wide....it's loading some kind of nasty java applet that eats bandwidth on this poor slow modem connection....it's eating cpu and slowing the trading software down....arrrhhhhh :D :D

doc, the whole page comes up about twice as wide as normal, if that helps troubleshooting.

moanin' all !

Storm watch at bottom of page causing problems?

thanks dharma, that's probably it. I didn't see the stormwatch, since I've got Proxomitron running, to filter all off-site extra junk out....but I know that when someone posts a wide chart, it acts the same...widens the whole page...so that's probably it.

life in the mountains is great, but on a -good- day, i only get a 28k connection, and that sucks! :D

rog, machine,

low of sep4 was 115.73 in forex, that wasnt seen yesterday nor today, the gonna do what they always do: the let it fall below there in the near future and then shoot the newbie traders up, atypical BoJ intervention makes 100 pips in just 30 seconds or so, then the let it fall back a bit and ramp again 50-70 pips, then they have killed all the shorts.

BOJ may believe that domestic recovery has taken hold, and they can let the J-yen strengthen a bit.

That logic seems doubtful. 'Competitive devaluation' is still the only game in town. Once you're gone, you can never come back ...

Sounds like a case of . . .

"We are programed to receive,

We can check out anytime we like, but we can never leave."

Sort of thing.

His name is David M. Walker, U.S. Comptroller General

CBNC guest list

Preview of Walker's speech

Here's a link to a LA Times story on Walker.

The US is going to hell in a hand basket

At least the LA Times online put the story near the top of the page, while Crapolavision puts it on while nobody is watching.

I bet Walker is looking for a new job by Tuesday.

Why wait that long? :huh:

Archived