B$ The Bell, Thursday April 8

first posted Mar 21, 2003...

Condition for Victory in Iraq? What has to happen?

The Iraqi army has to turn on Saddam arrest him and hand him over to the American forces?

Then pledge allegiance to the US and repress the Iraqi people and other various factions into submission and disarm them of their small arms, smuggled heavy arms and improvised munitions?

Then US troops can enter Baghdad and oversee the imposition of democracy? and a new Iraqi Constitution written by the US that states that you will have complete freedom except you mention oil then you are in big trouble?

And if this scenario goes off like clockwork 500 thousand to 1 million people at most would die in the aftermath?

All this has to start to take place in the next few days?

How will the US suffer defeat?

(real)Shock and Awe, news blackout, and then urban combat in a rubble pile?

And if this scenario goes off like clockwork 6-7 million people at most would die in the aftermath and Baghdad would be an unrepairable nuclear waste dump?

So far we are headed for a tactical defeat...

?Asked whether he favored any policy changes in Iraq (Due to resistance), Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.) responded Oct, 2003:

?Honestly, it?s a little tougher than I thought it was going to be,?... ?If we have to, we just mow the whole place down"

Yup, just kill them all and let GOD sort them out...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Shrub and Tony are hoisted on their own Petard on Iraq. That paragon of virtue China is flexing its muscle. Canada's Prime Minister Paul Martin is scheduled to meet the Dalai lama who is visiting in Canada. China has roared today that such a meeting could irreparably damage Canada/China trade relations. OK China then we won't sell you any NG or oil or Lumber or Coal try and trump that. The point is China like Russia is not a friend and yet American and Canadian and European Companies are falling all over themselves to invest in China and Russia and give our JOBS to them why? cause we like their polyester pants or cheap Toasters. In my view we trade with our friends not our enemies, create jobs for our people and treat any Company that disagrees as an enemy of the State. The Corporate culture that supports Shrub is anti-American to the n'th degree. By the way Martin will go ahead with the meeting-Good on him and I am NOT a Liberal.

Brian - the problem is there is a form of capitalism that has always existed which is worse than any communist nightmare and they have huge support in the Shrub administration right now. I dont think Shub is at fault, he is just a pawn and not really part of this inner circle of non-humans which have ruled the world for generations. Thank god I have a tin hat ....

... American and Canadian and European Companies are falling all over themselves to invest in China and Russia and give our JOBS to them why? ...

Didn't Poppy take like 300 of his friends and business cronies to China a decade ago and created partnerships there?

Maybe its a vested interest.

On his frequent journeys to Beijing, Bush (Sr) usually meets with President Jiang Zemin. His expenses often are paid by U.S. companies pursuing business in China.

http://www.ahrc.com/old/HOAorg/Media/ma_05..._LAT_CHUBB.html

Butt you knew that. So what.

Guest Icky Twerp

How great to see Rog posting here . . .

the day he writes something and I think "awww. I already knew that" is the day I start trading, instead of just watching :D

in re: Bush I connection to china, etc. . . "I tho't you knew, and that it was ok?!"

one may pose that a government has done something that de-legitimizes it, but any government that defaults on its fiduciary obligations IS illigitimate.

Several bears here think the US will eventually default on treasury obligations -- I cannot SEE it happening, but I can now VISUALIZE it.

What would we do? What WOULD we do? What could anybody do?

In lieu of background material put forth by Hypertiger....it's

plain to see that cracks are appearing in bullish facade.

The spector that Market is going to wrest, the un-natural suppresion

of interest rates, out of FED hands...has BIG boys worried.

I watch tape all day and bank stocks are taking stomach punches.

Banks keep going down..........bet on that everything else will as well.

Bonds will probably catch a bounce soon, but handwriting is on "WALL".

Speculator- to me that attitude you espouse is what puzzles me about America. No one seems to give a Shit, the cynicism is everywhere but few care enough to do anything. Yes- Shrub is a pawn or a dupe probably both and Big Swinging Dick is a right wing neanderthal but America seems thrashed, people don't care they exude the "Mark" way of life-"ignore everything and just cope" well I am a Grandpa and in my life I have been there and done that, but I have never lost my freedom nor will i stop fighting for it now or ever.

Guest Icky Twerp
Yesterday in the "National Post" Their Baghdad Bureau Chief reported that Her American counterparts had sewed the Maple Leaf on their Bullet proof vests now when you disavow what you are you clearly indicate WHAT you ARE-Right???

from Sometimes a Great Notion, by Ken Kesey:

"If you pretend to be weak, you ARE weak. If you pretend to be strong, no one else may be able tell the difference."

this means of course, not to bluster, like a rich prep-boy with plenty of friends around, but to act with courage and conscience no matter what.

From Mother Night, by Kurt Vonnegut:

"Be care ful what you pretend to be, we become what we pretend to be."

If they was just pretending to be Canadians, there might be some humor or aspiration in it, but they are pretending to be weak, IMVHO.

Speculator- to me that attitude you espouse is what puzzles me about America. No one seems to give a Shit, the cynicism is everywhere but few care enough to do anything. Yes- Shrub is a pawn or a dupe probably both and Big Swinging Dick is a right wing neanderthal but America seems thrashed, people don't care they exude the "Mark" way of life-"ignore everything and just cope" well I am a Grandpa and in my life I have been there and done that, but I have never lost my freedom nor will i stop fighting for it now or ever.

Brian - I'm an American but have spent most of my working life in Africa, Europe and the UK. Each time I have returned ( to the US) over the years I have felt the US is moving more toward a type of capitalism I dont want to be a part of yet I dont have the personal commitment to change, rather I always chose to leave again when the opportunity presents itself. I have never felt I could really change anything here because I just dont have the cash required to reach people and back a movement I believe in.

Yesterday in the "National Post" Their Baghdad Bureau Chief reported that Her American counterparts had sewed the Maple Leaf on their Bullet proof vests now when you disavow what you are you clearly indicate WHAT you ARE-Right???

I personally am very, very fond of those magnificant gold maple leafs ! ;)

Bravo Brian----great post.

Archived