Moral Hazard & Relying on Faith Based Reality

An illustration of Moral Hazard and Faith Based Reality. They always bring bad blowback.

TEXARKANA, Ark. (Nov. 13) ?€” Evangelist Tony Alamo was sentenced Friday to 175 years in prison for taking underage girls across state lines for sex, effectively punishing him for the rest of his life for molesting children he took as "brides" in his ministry.

During Friday's hearing, some of Alamo's victims testified about how their families were destroyed while the evangelist took over their lives.

blank.gif

Brother Alamo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun on a Friday night: sitting here with a beer and clicking the refresh button on the FDIC website waiting to see the latest bank failures. Waahoo!

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.html

Not sure if anyone noticed this PR snafu, but back on 10/30 the FDIC closed Park National Bank of Chicago. Giethner attended a ceremony there just hours before and bestowed a $50m award to the bank for investment. Ooops!

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10624514/1/...arrassment.html

post-4028-1258149299.jpg

Someone on IDS was moaning about the WSJ Online Subscription price going up.

Why in the world would anyone pay Rupert Murdock money just so they can read his WSJ crap?

Only a douchebag would do that. :rolleyes:

Read All WSJ Articles for Free

I use Opera 99% of the time but if I see an article from the WSJ of interest, I just use Firefox to read it.

I automatically get the WSJ Asia version, and once I'm in, I can read anything on the whole site.

Not sure what happens with users from other areas.

Murdock's threats about charging for internet content are empty threats.

It's 2 lines of code to stop Google from referring to a site.

Full disclosure, I pay money for his local broadsheet The Austrailan which is the least worst of a really bag lot of newspapers here.

check out Eur/USD and ES (s&pee Dec Futures).

There's got to be some sort of algorithm that dictates how much every move higher on EUR reflects on the bottom line of these S&PEE companies.

Madness...yesterday I traded the SPY off this...I literrally thought to myself.."are you sheeting me?"...... there were tw0 or three times if "I wasn't watching the technical set up of the EUR/USD" I would have covered the short.....NEM was pretty close to lock step as well.....as it was occurring, couldn't help but think the friggin fate and "price" of the United States of America's stock market is dependent tick for tick on a farking "carry trade"........A Carry Trade...LMAO!!! thats what AMZN is valued on...whoa am I itching to short that pig but this is flat out nuts...

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today...this market compared to what it was 15 years ago is a Carnival Freak Show...people have debated it with me but we are so conditioned now to moral hazard and looking for "Ron Insanes" next bubble...our markets psychotic nature has become the "new normal".... One bubble..two bubbles...three bubbles back to back to back in such a short time frame.....Holy Sheet !

Who knows how long this runs but "tonight" when Lost Money is "baffled by valuations".....is there any doubt this is gonna crash again ? They actually had a WTF moment.....I'm thinking sometime early next year when earnings start to puke again but it's clear the Fed has once again created ala "Field of Dreams'...."Something totally illogical".... the "carry my ass trade"....where algo's are synced to move like they were marionettes on Jim Henson's stage and Elmo upgrades Amazon to 200.

Lastly...Just got finished reading through all the posts in IDS and felt like I was there...juat wanted to say this is a great forum with some of the best and wittiest minds on the net.....first thing I read and check every day is Doc's site and been doing it for years. Kudo's to all the great technicians who know who they are and Doc.

Can't wait for next weeks lunacy....Hey CB....our Bears Suck....here's our future !!.....First Benson...then Orton....

Um. Apparently Jaime Dimon gave a speech today that essentially said the next time a big bank got in trouble it should be allowed to fail. Someone formerly with the Government Accounting Office also said the same thing.

Seems to me the idea is being floated out there. Or, run up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes..... Which one do you think is in trouble?

Archived