The best the bears can do?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought 2000 SWHC today and was amused to see that I got filled in about in 10 or 20 purchases at 50 to 200 shares each. I can't think of any other fill like that. It was as if one-by-one a steady stream of hillbilly investors shanked out of their precious Smith and Wesson stock finally caved in and closed their positions.

Maybe I pried it out of their cold, dead hands?

Weird

Work has been keeping me pretty busy lately, no time to read the stool or try to make any trades. The company hasn't had a RIF for a while now, so maybe in February there might be another culling. We're now at either two or three straight quarters of losses, but they stock is close to its highs for the year.

One of the bad things about RIFs is that the people who are left have to work harder. Then when people on the team take time off, are sick, or we get a special project to do everyone works until they drop.

Haven't heard much from my sales friends lately, though from our financial results things haven't improved too much. The sales guys are hardly allowed to travel in order to keep expenses low.

I know a guy working at the Zones.com corporate sales group, he's telling me a few interesting things:

- widget makers (printers, hard drives, etc) are making less widgets so they are harder to keep in stock. Orders can be delayed a month or more until another widget run is produced.

- software vendors that deal in licensing contracts are bending over backwards to take business from competitors and make deals. We just took the antivirus maker Sophos for a good ride, a 3.5 year contract for software received significant price reductions. My zones friend says this kind of reaming is happening all the time now, customers know they are in the driver's seat and are negotiating hard to win price concessions from vendors. The vendors would rather make some money than none.

- corporate IT software/hardware sales have slowed enough the Zones has let a number of their inside sales staff go. Just not enough orders coming in to keep everyone.

Normally I dont believe such a articles, but this art is in WSJ, not a annymous bloger/

Has Anyone Read the Copenhagen Agreement?

U.N. plans for a new 'government' are scary.

By JANET ALBRECHTSEN

We can only hope that world leaders will do nothing more than enjoy a pleasant bicycle ride around the charming streets of Copenhagen come December. For if they actually manage to wring out an agreement based on the current draft text of the Copenhagen climate-change treaty, the world is in for some nasty surprises. Draft text, you say? If you haven't heard about it, that's because none of our otherwise talkative political leaders have bothered to tell us what the drafters have already cobbled together for leaders to consider. And neither have the media.

Enter Lord Christopher Monckton. The former adviser to Margaret Thatcher gave an address at Bethel University in St. Paul, Minnesota, earlier this month that made quite a splash. For the first time, the public heard about the 181 pages, dated Sept. 15, that comprise the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?€”a rough draft of what could be signed come December.

So far there have been more than a million hits on the YouTube post of his address. It deserves millions more because Lord Monckton warns that the aim of the Copenhagen draft treaty is to set up a transnational "government" on a scale the world has never before seen.

The "scheme for the new institutional arrangement under the Convention" that starts on page 18 contains the provision for a "government." The aim is to give a new as yet unnamed U.N. body the power to directly intervene in the financial, economic, tax and environmental affairs of all the nations that sign the Copenhagen treaty.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0285679074.html

The Climate Change thing worries Murdoch because it is a challenge to his quest to rule the world. The WSJ is one of his propaganda organs. Worse than a used piece of toilet paper. The WSJ is not a credible journalistic source.

Well, that goes for any of the financial media. Their agenda is mind control. So in fact, you have it backwards. The only credible sources of information are among independant bloggers. Your job is to figure out which ones.

If commercials are short the futures, then by definition they must be long the underlying. Do we know what their net position is? No. But we can surmise from other data that they are heavily net long. In fact, it would be impossible for them not to be. So there's no dichotomy between the position of the commercials and the specs.

When you get right down to it, the futures positions of the commercials don't say much. In fact, their biggest long position was at the top of the market in October 2007. But they were only long as a hedge for their short positions in the underlying and various other derivatives.

Interesting to note that the small specs were exactly right at the March low this year. Makes a strong argument for who is the smart money. But most of the time, the line doesn't say much of anything.

iamge49.png

http://www.timingcharts.com/index.php

In 1964 I was lucky enough to see Jim Bunning pitch a perfect game on TV. This week I was lucky enough to hear him throw a perfect bean ball right at Bernanke's noggin as he was falling off the mound toward the first baseline as he always did in his delivery. This was truly heroic. I'm so glad that it's posted on YouTube.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQs0NVrWTt0.swf

In 1964 I was lucky enough to see Jim Bunning pitch a perfect game on TV. This week I was lucky enough to hear him throw a perfect bean ball right at Bernanke's noggin as he was falling off the mound toward the first baseline as he always did in his delivery. This was truly heroic. I'm so glad that it's posted on YouTube.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQs0NVrWTt0.swf

The funny thing, or is it the not so funny thing Doc, is that otherwise Bunning is an extreme political and social reactionary, if you know what I mean and I am sure you do being of a certain age. I can't disagree with him here but he has other fish to fry and with friends like these I get very depressed. Meanwhile our Liberal friends are rushing to board QEII.

Bernie Sanders looking for folks to sign his petition to stop Uncle Ben....

Will it help? WTFK's

...I signed it

Hold on Bernanke

The American people overwhelmingly voted last year for a change in our national priorities to put the interests of ordinary people ahead of the greed of Wall Street and the wealthy few, Senator Bernie Sanders said. What the American people did not bargain for was another four years for one of the key architects of the Bush economy. That's why Bernie placed a hold on the nomination of Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, a move that slows down and could block his confirmation. He talks about why he hopes the president will name a new Fed chief in his weekly Web video -- Senator Sanders Unfiltered.

Video Link

Petition Link

Normally I dont believe such a articles, but this art is in WSJ, not a annymous bloger/

Has Anyone Read the Copenhagen Agreement?

U.N. plans for a new 'government' are scary.

By JANET ALBRECHTSEN

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0285679074.html

Link to Copenhagen draft agreement.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23714626

Archived