B4 The Bell Wednesday August 18

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As soon as the market got into the green they cut to Pissonme for the following:

"The theme for today is that the market is decoupling from the higher price of oil...note that oil is up today and the market is moving higher despite that fact."

IT IS SO RIDICULOUS

The Fantasy Train is leaving the station, lollipops, sugarplums and all...

I wonder if they've got ants in their pants at the Barton Biggs Wedgie Fund yet?

The oil squeeze has Soros written all over it. He can play the Russian oil business and Russian politics like a Juliard Master. He also can be the counter party to the billions of oil short positions. Plus...he hates GWB.

It would make his British Pound triumph seem like a training exercise.

Canada and the U.S. have long prided themselves on having the longest undefended Border in the World NOT anymore as the Idiot Prince's paranoia builds "Fortress America".

Tragic and stupid.

With just a bit more coordination, the U.S. and Canada could have eliminated border controls entirely, as some European countries have done.

Moving in the opposite direction -- fortifying a 'friendly' border -- is symbolic of the emerging neo-feudalism.

Needless to say, this stuff is very, very bearish for the global future.

I really hope that nothing happens at the Olympics this year.If nothing does then it won't have much to do with security as a British newspaper journalist proved by working on the preparations for the games and planting 3 fake bombs in the stadium.He also gained access using fake passes with names like Sam bin Laden(or something like that).

Security and defence is now the big bucks earner for the pluto's.Fear and worry must be maintained at all costs(your money).

As soon as the market got into the green they cut to Pissonme for the following:

"The theme for today is that the market is decoupling from the higher price of oil...note that oil is up today and the market is moving higher despite that fact."

IT IS SO RIDICULOUS

Believe the BIG LIE PLEASE!

Gurgle adjusts pricing range to $85-95 from $108-135. Good company or not this values the company at more than GM which still holds 25% market share of the global vehicle market, also has several financial businesses and has between 14-16x gurgles revenues. This value is still well below YHOO valuation.

That is simply ridiculous. I am no fan of GM, but at the end of the day they are protected by huge barriers to entry and have a large asset base that has tangible value. Under the appropriate mgmt GM could produce decent vehicles and grow their business.

Google is a well managed company. But the revenue stream is dubious at best. This ipo is simply a way to cash out the employees who have an average basis of $0.30. Good for google bad for anyone buying this ipo. If stock issued as late as this year was worth $0.30 to google why would anyone value this company at $85.

believe it or not, my life wouldnt change a bit if Gurgle went DOA...

edit: im my travels and contacts around the country, it appears that r.e. may be slowing. still strong demand from 1031-morons for investment/exchange property. the inventory is really low and sellers are holding to very aggressive pricing.... it appears that the resi side is slowing, but it just may be a late-summer lull - i doubt it

I hear in the background the 10:30 release of the oil figures. Can someone offer a summary and analysis?

DOE

crude inventories -1.3M brls vs -1.875M brl EXP

Gasoline inventories -2.6M brls vs. -650K brl exp

Distillate inventories +2.1M brls vs. +1.5M brl exp

API

crude inventories -1.5M brls

Gasoline inventories -3.5M brls

Distillate inventories +1.6M brls

Archived