Year will be saved,shorts will be crushed

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today might take the cake for the most levitated day of the year. Even the 11/30 ramp job had some minor pullbacks mixed in. Seems like the them have all but mastered this pattern.

they ordered the gov't S&P futures goosing team to perform a rampjob to cover up the worsening Depression

they believe if they just showprop the Dow and lie about statistics they can maintain their grip on corrupt power and all the dirty spoils that go with it

butt I'm organizing a community of mad ass hell folk to march on D.C. with red-hot reamin' rods

we're planning 535 demos of our reameducation technology streamed live on the internet

they ordered the gov't S&P futures goosing team to perform a rampjob to cover up the worsening Depression

they believe if they just showprop the Dow and lie about statistics they can maintain their grip on corrupt power and all the dirty spoils that go with it

butt I'm organizing a community of mad ass hell folk to march on D.C. with red-hot reamin' rods

we're planning 535 demos of our reameducation technology streamed live on the internet

reameducation ??

Wasn't that what that coach from Penn State is accused of?? :rolleyes:

Gotta love this -

http://www.bloomberg...cern-grows.html

Key quote:

“In the U.S., the economy is on the road to recovery, with falling unemployment and consistently improving growth against a background of low and falling oil stockpiles,” said Christopher Bellew, a senior broker at Jefferies Bache Ltd. in London.

Got that?

The US is in recovery ---> Oil prices go up -----> shrinking disposable incomes in a shrinking employment base (which produces "falling unemployment") shrink yet more ----> All is well!

One can just follow ECRI and forget about most of reports. ECRI is pretty much saying there is no meat on this bone. IMVHO

Food question for stoolies (brought on by Larry's Hot Dog Homage).

I have two Christmas meals to prepare - 1 for each side of the family.

This is when I try out new things on people, although I usually try a version for myself a few days before.

I have decided an homage to Alsace will be the cuisine theme this year - Gratins, Quiches and Tarts.

There is one quiche I am contemplating and I need a "sounds good" or "you want me to throw up now or when you make it?" show of hands.

Quiches are basically a flaky, non sweet pie shell with an egg mixture. The mixture I am contemplating involves -

- prosciutto ham

- fresh rosemary

- Gruyere cheese

- tangerine (both juice and zest - enough to compliment the rosemary / prosciutto combo but not too much)

I have never tried to add an orange flavor to prosciutto / rosemary (which usually needs a little garlic to meld). Not sure if it will work.

This is when I try out new things on people, although I usually try a version for myself a few days before.

I have decided an homage to Alsace will be the cuisine theme this year - Gratins, Quiches and Tarts.

There is one quiche I am contemplating and I need a "sounds good" or "you want me to throw up now or when you make it?" show of hands.

Quiches are basically a flaky, non sweet pie shell with an egg mixture. The mixture I am contemplating involves -

- prosciutto ham

- fresh rosemary

- Gruyere cheese

- tangerine (both juice and zest - enough to compliment the rosemary / prosciutto combo but not too much)

I have never tried to add an orange flavor to prosciutto / rosemary (which usually needs a little garlic to meld). Not sure if it will work.

Orange or other citrus Liqueur of whatever brand name would be a nice substitute for the juice.

At the table or stove or carrying from the kitchen a little golden sugar sprinked on top and flambe with a bit of brandy. Really tasty napalm.

Ain't nothin' like burning half the sister-in-laws hair off for a memorable holiday. :unsure: :o :lol:

- prosciutto ham

- fresh rosemary

- Gruyere cheese

If you are adding tangerine, then leave out the rosemary.

Or try strawberries instead (also w/o the rosemary).

Definitely need garlic...

Orange or other citrus Liqueur of whatever brand name would be a nice substitute for the juice.

At the table or stove or carrying from the kitchen a little golden sugar sprinked on top and flambe with a bit of brandy. Really tasty napalm.

Ain't nothin' like burning half the sister-in-laws hair off for a memorable holiday. :unsure: :o :lol:

I have a banana flambe planned. Oh yeah .... I am with you brother, Got a unibrow sis in law in mind ...ph34r.gif laugh.gif

If you are adding tangerine, then leave out the rosemary.

Or try strawberries instead (also w/o the rosemary).

Definitely need garlic...

I may just stick to zest.

The prosciutto/rosemary thing is a no brainer - always works. I do a pizza with blue cheese, goat cheese, rosemary and prosciutto that has a kill zone. People love it.

I have done orange, honey and rosemary in a roasted chicken recipe that also does well. But it is sweet and sticky.

My concern on strawberry is its cell structure never cooks well. That and strawberry as a flavor doesn't concentrate well. Sugar carries it. The goal of the orange/tangarine is more to create an overtone than provide any texture or core flavor. And the quiche won't be sweet.

A cookbook I picked up in Alsace about 15 years ago and it has a quiche with carrot and orange zest in it that I just read - that triggered the idea (carrot quiche has no appeal to me - authentic Alsace though - roots like carrots are cheap, plentiful and stored well in the old days)

Archived