IDS World Markets Tues 13th March 07

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your gonna hear a lot of clamoring for a rate cut by the Fed.  Unfortunately that would have bad repercussions for the dollar and the Fed is already worried about inflation (and rightfully so, think about housing, energy, food, grains, etc).  Of course these are things that the Chinese can't provide to us on the backs of their obscenely underpaid people.

A rate cut at this point won't do jack-sh!t at this point other than provide a shot of heroin to the already overextended junkie economy.  Much like an addict, the only way out of this mess is going to to be a painful withdrawal -- deflation or stagflation?  Doc probably knows better than me.

Thinking that a rate cut will stem the subprime problem is a wingohockingmoyamensinging pipe dream.  You mean my reset will only take my new rate from 2.75% to 8.5% instead of 8.75%, big wingohockingmoyamensinging whoop-di-do, here, take my house keys.....c-ya.

The only think that a rate cut will help (at the margin) will be the douches that used there homes as ATM's as there rate is floating on the dome equity loans, so they will get a little relief.

The subprime horse has left the barn.

SW%20Indiana%20Barn.jpg

567379[/snapback]

Agreed. As they start to tighten lending standards each new injection of heroin will have smaller and smaller effects... :o :ph34r:

Your gonna hear a lot of clamoring for a rate cut by the Fed.  Unfortunately that would have bad repercussions for the dollar and the Fed is already worried about inflation (and rightfully so, think about housing, energy, food, grains, etc).  Of course these are things that the Chinese can't provide to us on the backs of their obscenely underpaid workers.

A rate cut at this point won't do jack-sh!t at this point other than provide a shot of heroin to the already overextended junkie economy.  Much like an addict, the only way out of this mess is going to to be a painful withdrawal -- deflation or stagflation?  Doc probably knows better than me.

Thinking that a rate cut will stem the subprime problem is a wingohockingmoyamensinging pipe dream.  You mean my reset will only take my new rate from 2.75% to 8.5% instead of 8.75%, big wingohockingmoyamensinging whoop-di-do, here, take my house keys.....c-ya.

The only think that a rate cut will help (at the margin) will be the douches that used there homes as ATM's as there rate is floating on the dome equity loans, so they will get a little relief.

The subprime horse has left the barn.

SW%20Indiana%20Barn.jpg

567379[/snapback]

that barn could easily be flipped....with a few $100,000's and HGTV, one could walk away with a nice profit....................................NOT

Hey mmoy....

Tell your GS buddy that he can get more Golden Slacks at $199.....assuming he bought 100 shares when you mentioned it yesterday or this morning, he could of cashed out today for an $800 profit (on an annualized basis a nice 14.7% gain). He's probably still in though -- investing for the long term.

Tell him not to worry though. He'll be able to buy more at $175 and then again at $150, and then......I think you get the idea.

Hey mmoy....

Tell your GS buddy that he can get more Golden Slacks at $199.....assuming he bought 100 shares when you mentioned it yesterday or this morning, he could of cashed out today for an $800 profit (on an annualized basis a nice 14.7% gain).  He's probably still in though -- investing for the long term.

Tell him not to worry though.  He'll be able to buy more at $175 and then again at $150, and then......I think you get the idea.

567390[/snapback]

I gave him a lecture on never letting a gain (especially a really nice gain) turn into a loss. He also bought PCU and is down a few bucks on that now after being in the green earlier today.

It's hard to break a bullish mentality.

Archived