IDS World Markets Fri 15th December 06

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The value of a name is not calculated in the financial reports.

Ford.

We're talkin Mustangs, the 60's, horse power and days of our youth.

What is that worth?

What haopens when the next revolution finally takes hold?

520hp "dual fuelcell super charged" love machine baby!

You can bet it on it right now and just write it off, forget about it and treat it as a semi permanent call option.

Don't ever trade it again. Don't even think about it for the next decade. Check back in a decade and do the math. It probably trumps the current debt.

Not true. It's called goodwill.

And if F goes BK, the current common shareholders will get none of it because the liabilities outweigh the value of all the assets combined, including goodwill. It's called negative shareholder equity. The bond holders and other creditors will get the new stock. Current shareholders will get zero. If you want to bet on F recovering, fine, but like a call option, it could easily go to zero.

QQQQ is gets rocketed hard core. Stocks do not reflect it that I can tell...WOW!!! Big volume hitting. 4% already. Thats above average and those are block trades.

Since the QQQQ is made up of 100 stocks, it's not true to say that stocks don't reflect it. The QQQQ reflects stocks, at least those in the NDX, not vice versa.

The value of a name is not calculated in the financial reports.

Ford.

We're talkin Mustangs, the 60's, horse power and days of our youth.

What is that worth?

What haopens when the next revolution finally takes hold?

520hp "dual fuelcell super charged" love machine baby!

You can bet it on it right now and just write it off, forget about it and treat it as a semi permanent call option.

Don't ever trade it again. Don't even think about it for the next decade. Check back in a decade and do the math. It probably trumps the current debt.

Not true. It's called goodwill.

And if F goes BK, the current common shareholders will get none of it because the liabilities outweigh the value of all the assets combined, including goodwill. It's called negative shareholder equity. The bond holders and other creditors will get the new stock. Current shareholders will get zero. If you want to bet on F recovering, fine, but like a call option, it could easily go to zero.

Ahhh, I keep forgetting about the K-Mart card. I still think 100 shares isn't really hurting anything. That is all I have.

Archived