IDS World Markets Fri 3rd October 08

Dollar rallying against the Euro on the jobs report.  How does a bad job report become bullish for the dollar?

695557[/snapback]

Gold looking pale today also.

Is this market tricky to trade or what?

Meanwhile, I spoke to one of the guys at Bullionvault this morning. He said they have no difficulty in buying gold inventory (bars). The coin shortage may just be a demand spike/fabrication issue?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gold looking pale today also.

Is this market tricky to trade or what?

Meanwhile, I spoke to one of the guys at Bullionvault this morning. He said they have no difficulty in buying gold inventory (bars). The coin shortage may just be a demand spike/fabrication issue?

695562[/snapback]

Really? Spoke with a rep in Kitco and they say they're 3-4 weeks behind on inventory.

Really?  Spoke with a rep in Kitco and they say they're 3-4 weeks behind on inventory.

695565[/snapback]

Was that for bullion or coins?

Spoke to Tustain himself, the founder/CEO of bullionvault. He was expecting gold to sell off on favorable bailout news but hes holding long term. He just does not like fiat or systemic risk exposure for his money.

Really?? Spoke with a rep in Kitco and they say they're 3-4 weeks behind on inventory.

695565[/snapback]

My experience ordering from numerous sources. I'm starting to get nervous that some reputable :) dealers might not execute the counterparty part.

To wit, there is even a rumor that COMEX and/or NYMEX are severely strained by the discrepancy between digital gold (futures, GLD, etc.) and the actual physical price. So much so, that I am increasingly fearing that bullion is just another frozen market like everything else these days.

'don't have time to mentally reason this out. Maybe some of you Stoolies have a reference/link for this idea. ...

My experience ordering from numerous sources. I'm starting to get nervous that some reputable :) dealers might not execute the counterparty part.

To wit, there is even a rumor that COMEX and/or NYMEX are severely strained by the discrepancy between digital gold (futures, GLD, etc.) and the actual physical price. So much so, that I am increasingly fearing that bullion is just another frozen market like everything else these days.

'don't have time to mentally reason this out. Maybe some of you Stoolies have a reference/link for this idea. ...

695573[/snapback]

Can't the owner of the futures simply exercise their position and ask for delivery?

Archived