Thank God It's Friday- Seriously

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you guys seeing when it comes to treasury prices? I try to go by the weekly and daily charts and I'm seeing lower prices. And if the monthly charts continue like this, I can't help but continue to be bearish. I'll have to try to post some charts but I'm not so good at laying it out like Psyche Doc does. Any moves in price below this weeks lows and treasury yields will continue to climb imo.

Denninger pops up on other bear boards using the handle "Genesis". His ego is big enough that he identifies who he is and links back to his site. I could not see him coming here and doing differently.

Actually I wonder about him... he seems to have alot of time on his hands to post everywhere, make videos, trade, get on TV, etc. Guess he needs less sleep than I do. :lol:

Had lunch with a few smart people I work with today... everyone mentioned that it seems like every commercial building they pass by in the Valley has a FOR LEASE sign in the front of it. Driving along 101 up the SF Penninsula you can see the signs everywhere.

I haven't seen any stories about the commercial building vacancy rates, but they must be terrible. Business continues to slow.

California has a foreclosure moratorium in effect right now, it started on June 15 and lasts for 90 days total. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Right now those people who aren't paying their mortgages are getting to build cash. Wonder if they are doing that or spending it all.

A few homes have sold locally recently. Strangely when the new owners move in I've seen a few cases where there are two brand new cars in the driveway! Man I need one of those money trees.

scary. i got phone call message from bryan

he asked me to take him off my email list

i dont know how he got on there

he must have sent me an email and i spammed him back

no likey

i guess hes not interested in auditing the fed and doesnt know how to use spam blocker

how the heck did he get my phone number

"Stop sending me SPAM, mmm..ok?"

post-2204-1248528046.jpg

Is the top close? From the anecdotal department....

The wife and I go to a local restaurant last night, sit at the bar, and have a glass of wine and a couple of appetizers. While conversing with the bartender, he lets it be known that he is now a stock trader. He started trading in January of this year and has made a great return since March. He believes we will never see the March lows again, we are off to new highs and the economy is now turning around.

FYI - his top pick? UVE

Had lunch with a few smart people I work with today... everyone mentioned that it seems like every commercial building they pass by in the Valley has a FOR LEASE sign in the front of it. Driving along 101 up the SF Penninsula you can see the signs everywhere.

I haven't seen any stories about the commercial building vacancy rates, but they must be terrible. Business continues to slow.

California has a foreclosure moratorium in effect right now, it started on June 15 and lasts for 90 days total. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Right now those people who aren't paying their mortgages are getting to build cash. Wonder if they are doing that or spending it all.

A few homes have sold locally recently. Strangely when the new owners move in I've seen a few cases where there are two brand new cars in the driveway! Man I need one of those money trees.

In Ben's remarks this week he urged a "fiscal" response to the CRE problem. Like what I would have liked to ask him. Appropriate a couple of trillion and give it to Donald Trump? There are some vague rumors that Treasury is working on "plan C" to deal with CRE but what the hell it is I don't know. I suppose it involves loan guarantees but that's only pretend fiscal. Somebody is looking for real cash.

What are you guys seeing when it comes to treasury prices? I try to go by the weekly and daily charts and I'm seeing lower prices. And if the monthly charts continue like this, I can't help but continue to be bearish. I'll have to try to post some charts but I'm not so good at laying it out like Psyche Doc does. Any moves in price below this weeks lows and treasury yields will continue to climb imo.

I've been waiting 20 years for a snarling bear market in Treasury bonds. Aren't we all now. If not expecting one then at least knowing such would be a real tipping point.

If we get a scary spike in yields this week during the auctions I'm going to be a buyer for a bounce. One of the most reliable patter trades around.

Is the top close? From the anecdotal department....

The wife and I go to a local restaurant last night, sit at the bar, and have a glass of wine and a couple of appetizers. While conversing with the bartender, he lets it be known that he is now a stock trader. He started trading in January of this year and has made a great return since March. He believes we will never see the March lows again, we are off to new highs and the economy is now turning around.

FYI - his top pick? UVE

I've had similar conversations with the sheople. One guy in particular stated that now was the best time to buy stocks. I asked what he was doing the first week of March and stated that was the best time to buy, not now. I also mentioned that this was nothing but a huge bear market rally and that when it runs its course, the bear will return and take it back. He laughed at me, then I laughed at him, then he kind of got angry like I insulted him or something. Oh, the man on the street. These rallies get people's hopes up and has them believing again. It is nothing but a wealth confiscation tool to extract money from the masses and it's sad, but it works time and time again.

There is less to that moratorium than meets the headline. It required servicers and others to comply with certain criteria prior to being able to continue to foreclose - but they were all largely in compliance already.

Read this article and found an interesting point made in it.

"As the United States became steadily more educated and richer over the past 200 years, no one on the planet had to get poorer."

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/economist/178404

That doesnt make alot of sense to me. For one nation to consume a larger and larger amount of the worlds resources, doesnt everyone else in theory have to live poorer? Don't we just borrow from the Chinese to finance our increasingly lavish lifestyles?

He uses this sentence to say that Education isnt a zero sum game, or an arms race.

"Studying, on the other hand, makes people smarter, more educated and more productive. And that makes your life better, regardless of what everyone else is doing. Economic productivity is not a zero sum game. If we all became twice as smart, we would all be richer, healthier, safer and so on."

I agree that peoples lives would likely be better if they increased their level of education. But again the premise seems faulty. If you doubled the education of every person, wouldnt the dumb people still be dumb? If everyone was able to get a better job and earn more money, then wouldnt everyone still have the same wealth RELATIVE to everyone else?

I'm definitely in favor of rabble rousing. Been known to do it myself from time to time. Hyperbole is one thing. Inaccurate slop however is something else. The means do not justify the ends in my book. It may get you attention, but it's the wrong kind of attention. If you do not fight lies with truth, but instead you try to fight them with other lies, everybody loses. Here on our boards we have only winners.

I,am Winner!!! and bull and stocks, rallY!!!

and so I don't Loose munny whereis my bailout then?! and my Email from Bryan!!!?

I've had similar conversations with the sheople. One guy in particular stated that now was the best time to buy stocks. I asked what he was doing the first week of March and stated that was the best time to buy, not now. I also mentioned that this was nothing but a huge bear market rally and that when it runs its course, the bear will return and take it back. He laughed at me, then I laughed at him, then he kind of got angry like I insulted him or something. Oh, the man on the street. These rallies get people's hopes up and has them believing again. It is nothing but a wealth confiscation tool to extract money from the masses and it's sad, but it works time and time again.

The funny thing is, all he had to say was "sure, this thing will end, but it may have some life left in it, and I'll let me stops tell me when it's over" and he would almost begin making sense. So near, and yet so far.

Bank Death March - Friday July 24

The six bank subsidiaries of Security Bank Corporation, Macon, Georgia, were closed today by the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, which appointed the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) as receiver. To protect the depositors, the FDIC entered into a purchase and assumption agreement with State Bank and Trust Company, Pinehurst, Georgia, to assume all of the deposits of the six bank subsidiaries of Security Bank Corporation.

The six banks involved in today's transaction are: Security Bank of Bibb County, Macon, GA, with $1.2 billion in total assets and $1 billion in deposits; Security Bank of Houston County, Perry, GA, with $383 million in assets and $320 million in deposits; Security Bank of Jones County, Gray, GA, with $453 million in assets and $387 million in deposits; Security Bank of Gwinnett County, Suwanee, GA, with $322 million in assets and $292 million in deposits; Security Bank of North Metro, Woodstock, GA, with $224 million in assets and $212 million in deposits; and Security Bank of North Fulton, Alpharetta, GA, with $209 million in assets and $191 million in deposits.

FDIC Link

I am trying to identify, craft, or find some sort of objective indicator that in essence would reflect where/when a fractal would likely either compress or expand over that of a normal fractal. In other words, it would indicate whether a cycle would be longer or shorter than the typical periodicity. Or yet in other words, whether, like now, low probabilty events are happening more frequently that a period whe a normal distribution of probabilty events happen. (12 up days in a row in the Nasdaq, or an abnormal run of days with SPU lows set before the daily high is set, for example.) (Another example would be an indicator that correlates to times when prices are more likely to remain either above or below a Bollinger band for an extended period of time. Yewt another example would have the indicator correlate to those times when certain indicators will remain overbought or Dover Sole longer than normal.)

At this time I know of no objective indicator and have been depending on my observation of intraday market action to see if there is either less or more selling pressure than usual. It seems to me that what drives the market is not buying, but either the absence of selling or in less frequent situations the overwhelming selling. The market seems to generally go up absent active selling (for instance the saying to not short a dull market is one example of the common wisdom).

It is hard to clearly articulate my concept, but I would appreciate any thoughts whatsoever on this issue. Does anyone know of such an indicator? Does anyone have any idea what variables may or should go into such an indicator?

The various fractal mathematics books that I have do not seem to help.

What prompted this was all the talk about "gravity" intraday on Friday. Is there some sort of indicator to measure "gravity" in the stock market?

Thnx.

Archived