Thank God It's Friday- Seriously

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bank Death March - Friday July 24

The six bank subsidiaries of Security Bank Corporation, Macon, Georgia, were closed today by the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, which appointed the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) as receiver. To protect the depositors, the FDIC entered into a purchase and assumption agreement with State Bank and Trust Company, Pinehurst, Georgia, to assume all of the deposits of the six bank subsidiaries of Security Bank Corporation.

The six banks involved in today's transaction are: Security Bank of Bibb County, Macon, GA, with $1.2 billion in total assets and $1 billion in deposits; Security Bank of Houston County, Perry, GA, with $383 million in assets and $320 million in deposits; Security Bank of Jones County, Gray, GA, with $453 million in assets and $387 million in deposits; Security Bank of Gwinnett County, Suwanee, GA, with $322 million in assets and $292 million in deposits; Security Bank of North Metro, Woodstock, GA, with $224 million in assets and $212 million in deposits; and Security Bank of North Fulton, Alpharetta, GA, with $209 million in assets and $191 million in deposits.

FDIC Link

and the one that hasn't been taken over yet and it will be the biggest:

Guaranty Bank may face federal control

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ty.3bfc4f2.html

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

the following Point and Figger chart looks to be quite reasonable.

The Gold target is $2,964.00, and there is no logical reason to think that the number is "Too Low."

so far, of course, there has been -0- Gold Fever.

Fever comes this way, it has been suggested.

anyway, take a look and thimk!

post-1911-1248579022_thumb.png

maybe denninger set him off :D

Last I knew the Denniger dude was all freaked out about this on Thursday:

"Let's see if I can count this up....

70 day CMBs, $30 billion (tomorrow)

13 week Bills, $32 billion (July 27th)

26 week Bills, $31 billion (July 27th)

52 week Bills, $27 billion (July 28th)

2 year Notes, $42 billion (July 28th)

5 year Notes, $39 billion (July 29th)

7 year Notes, $28 billion (July 30th)

19 year, 6 month TIPS (reopened), $6 billion (July 27th)

That's two hundred thirty-five billion dollars over the next week!"

http://www.market-ticker.org/archives/1256-guid.html

I get the idea that CMB's should be a nasty situation, but I can't figure it out.

As Noland knows the Fed has no alternative but ease.

I do appreciate that the Bernanke Fed has spent considerable time contemplating how to remove the past year’s unprecedented monetization. In a normal environment it would matter. But extraordinary circumstances would seem to completely rule out the possibility of Federal Reserve tightening. The risk of bursting the government finance Bubble is too great - and will become only greater. With Treasury, agency and GSE MBS now accounting for the vast majority of system Credit creation, economic and Credit system “recovery” would be stopped dead in its tracks by a surprising jump in market yields. The Fed has, once again, delegated itself to the role of Bubble enabler.

http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/credi...ew?art_id=10253

===============

I'm still watching the missing deficit. The official target for fiscal 09 is still $1.84T. I don't know if the source of that forecast is the CBO or the White House but that number was almost the same in Jan. before the new administration. It just passed $1T two weeks ago and every news story said it would be $2T. It looks like after this weeks auctions $120billion has been added to tha $1Tt. There is no way the Treasury is going to come to the market for $700 billion in the remaining 8 weeks of the fiscal year.

With tax receipts still cratering why the real number is lagging the estimate is a mystery. It must be on the expenditure side and while the Stimulus has been very slow to be spent, 10% the last I heard, that can't account for all of it. I am starting to expect a sudden recognition that the deficit will fall significantly below forecast and although the number will still be absurd it could be at minimum supportive of the Treasury and stock markets if not the basis for a rally.

As I said the deficit projection when Bush was still in was about the same. From 02 through 07 however the White House at the beginning of each fiscal year would quietly put out a high number and then when it ended up lower they would tout it like mad. A classic dog and pony show which never failed to thrill the audience.

I get the idea that CMB's should be a nasty situation, but I can't figure it out.

i never had anyone request to be removed (by phone :o) from my email lists that i know of :rolleyes: im not good about checking emails or he was just blocked-probably-gmail works great for this

yea, i saw denningers fed note rant but doc had that pegged

maybe this week will be different-but no downticks allowed

the latest bearbait is quite impressive

http://www.chartoftheday.com/20090724.htm

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

your jickiss is sick of all the MSM bs, so

take a moment and examine the charts

especially the Volume conponent,

versus price, in the LINKED ARTICLE below, written by Smith.

separately, but connected for sure, don't thimk that there is an INFINITE DEMAND for us papers,

unless you are willing to bet on a "strong weapons attack" on them bad guys that will send a tidal wave of money out of Euro-Lant into the Dumb Doolar, this late Summer or Early Fall.

Cheltenham High will sing the song, got that ???????

THE GIANT QUESTION IS WILL THE GOLD MINERS BEGIN TO SHOW COUNTER POWER (GO UP) WHEN THE INDU DROPS???????????

you can not yet tell, if you are guided by the manipulated past. are you sure that this time it will not be different???????

In other words, are you certain that soon da Boyz will not want GG,NEM,ABX,etc to advance by 600%?

To make giant coin, you must get out in front.

jickiss!!!!!!!

click on the link, pls

http://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear bearmarketymark, tanks for posting that link above. This is called, (high frequency trading) "Front Running" by your jickiss "for pennies."

Here is the Deal: Big, smart money knows and sees that the USA stock markets are now "Garbage Markets" which means that there is no trend in price that has a Volume Accumulation Pattern in support of the so called trend up, and there is no "Funny Mental" trend of rising Yearnings to support any new major uptrend in share prices, from a base of low p/e ratios.

ok, fine, so, what to do?

easy: Make Volume appear to be real, and trade for pennies, or even fractions, on Giant Volume. The sucker publick can not play this game easily. Only by playing an (falsely) induced uptrend can the Publick suckers make any coin, and who can say when the plug will be pulled? Any longs, especially if they are long overnight, take on all the risk, risk being black swan event or Interest Rate Induced by furriners who might just start to sell Bonds for Political Ends......

A real bottom in Large Cap Equities would have dividend yields of more than 7% and would show Volume at a super low level. Crap-pitualtion would make a bottom, but trading for pennies is merely stealing.....especially when the bids are rigged in favour of creating an appearance of real demand.

Finally, finally and finally, IF you absolutely had the Play Book on the Futures Jam up, (Raise futures prices by using billions to move futures prices higher, inducing higher share prices in the underlying, then placing orders to buy in what appears to be Giant Size,

well, do ya thimk a few Shorts might begin to cover their poor a$$es?

jickiss!!!!!!!

and oh, by the way, Doug Noland is wisely in raising the "Super Cheep Free Money Interst Rate Question" again here, at the right time.

Take away the essentially -0- interest rates, and the phoney trades for a fraction of a cent might just get to be riskier than they are now.

Denninger pops up on other bear boards using the handle "Genesis". His ego is big enough that he identifies who he is and links back to his site. I could not see him coming here and doing differently.

Actually I wonder about him... he seems to have alot of time on his hands to post everywhere, make videos, trade, get on TV, etc. Guess he needs less sleep than I do. :lol:

Yes he does. He is retired. He sold his internet business and it is now a professional post everywhere, video maker, trade and get on TVer.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Speaking, for a moment, about Conflict, well, to your jickiss the "Bitch In" of the so called Founders of Tesla Motors really reminds your jickiss of the days in Kali back in the 1980s, where your jickiss saw exactly this same kind of behaviour, and attitude, on the part of many in Kali, especially in the Money Management Business and in the Valley of Silicon.

There must be something in the air or water in Kali that makes most thimk that they are 10 times Smarter than they really are. your jickiss is not knocking anybody, for, in truth, these bozy are obviously Well Off, but they all seem to ignore the fact that they were more lucky than Smart, and what did any of them really INVENT, anyway?

in the Grand Scheme, it will NOT BE UNTIL the Kali Mindset of Endless Entitlements is finally Broken Completely, before any real Bull Market can happen in the USA. The hordes of mindless entitled Morans that thought their phony money trees would rise into the sky forever need to be brought back to the spiritual equivalent of INDU 1,000.

The really great irony in all this is that Tesla was really the founder (Discoverer) of most of the modern understanding of electromagnetism and alternating current, and other "mysteries," and lots of others took all the Credit, including Edison.

What goes around just keeps drawing bigger and bigger circles.

Until Something Finally Happens, that is.

click, read and have a good Laugh. Founders, in deed or indeed....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Another-bump...ml?x=0&.v=1

Here is a link to a bond discussion with a beautiful chart of the 30 year. It is a futures 'continuation' chart, which means it continues to roll the front month contract. The 10 year is the big daddy now in terms of importance but the correlation with the 30 year is very close.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/fil...20nfp%20_2_.pdf

The pattern of 50% retracements is interesting and has to be respected. The rest of the discussion is founded upon the world staying the same. It usually does. In the this case the world staying the same means no matter how much longer term paper Uncle Sam sells the price depends upon considerations outside of that supply. It's a sort of touchstone of bear thought that the time will come where the supply will overwhelm demand.

I,am Winner!!! and bull and stocks, rallY!!!

and so I don't Loose munny whereis my bailout then?! and my Email from Bryan!!!?

Ya see?!

Answer- http://wallstreetexaminer.com/2009/07/24/b...ion-fed-report/

and if you want to get freaked out about the government, some would say:

"the money supply is shrinking. If this continues, we are headed for a major crash."

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2009/...ply-update.html

Wrong. The money supply collapsed last year. They're just having trouble fudging the numbers any longer.

As Noland knows the Fed has no alternative but ease.

I do appreciate that the Bernanke Fed has spent considerable time contemplating how to remove the past year’s unprecedented monetization. In a normal environment it would matter. But extraordinary circumstances would seem to completely rule out the possibility of Federal Reserve tightening. The risk of bursting the government finance Bubble is too great - and will become only greater. With Treasury, agency and GSE MBS now accounting for the vast majority of system Credit creation, economic and Credit system “recovery” would be stopped dead in its tracks by a surprising jump in market yields. The Fed has, once again, delegated itself to the role of Bubble enabler.

http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/credi...ew?art_id=10253

===============

I'm still watching the missing deficit. The official target for fiscal 09 is still $1.84T. I don't know if the source of that forecast is the CBO or the White House but that number was almost the same in Jan. before the new administration. It just passed $1T two weeks ago and every news story said it would be $2T. It looks like after this weeks auctions $120billion has been added to tha $1Tt. There is no way the Treasury is going to come to the market for $700 billion in the remaining 8 weeks of the fiscal year.

With tax receipts still cratering why the real number is lagging the estimate is a mystery. It must be on the expenditure side and while the Stimulus has been very slow to be spent, 10% the last I heard, that can't account for all of it. I am starting to expect a sudden recognition that the deficit will fall significantly below forecast and although the number will still be absurd it could be at minimum supportive of the Treasury and stock markets if not the basis for a rally.

As I said the deficit projection when Bush was still in was about the same. From 02 through 07 however the White House at the beginning of each fiscal year would quietly put out a high number and then when it ended up lower they would tout it like mad. A classic dog and pony show which never failed to thrill the audience.

I'm not sure the expectations game makes a difference on this. There's still gonna be awesome amounts of supply as far as the eye can see and the market still has to absorb it. Reality should trump expectations.

Here is a link to a bond discussion with a beautiful chart of the 30 year. It is a futures 'continuation' chart, which means it continues to roll the front month contract. The 10 year is the big daddy now in terms of importance but the correlation with the 30 year is very close.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/fil...20nfp%20_2_.pdf

The pattern of 50% retracements is interesting and has to be respected. The rest of the discussion is founded upon the world staying the same. It usually does. In the this case the world staying the same means no matter how much longer term paper Uncle Sam sells the price depends upon considerations outside of that supply. It's a sort of touchstone of bear thought that the time will come where the supply will overwhelm demand.

Those are the type of charts that I have been looking at. Futures continuation charts for the 30 and 10 year. Pretty bearish for the time being . . .

Archived