IDS World Markets Tues 20th November 07

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DHI loses 16?/share, sales are down 35%.

But, "Wall Street" was predicting loss of 66$/share. This is being touted as "good news."

HERE'S THE EXCUSE FOR THE HOMEBUILDERS RALLY

626080[/snapback]

building just needs to slow to get supply off the market and the headlines of panic in housing also need to stop. is that why the rich are trying to buy the media. to infulence public opinion ? (murdoch FBN). the FED will not lose its cred and they will do what they do priovide liquidity.

Builder's loss not as bad as forecasts

D.R. Horton swings to fourth-quarter loss but still tops expectations; expects housing environment to remain 'challenging.'

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/20/news/compa...rce=yahoo_quote

I think the fact that there was some bashing of wndy last night (not that there's anything wrong with that-- he ridiculed us enough times :lol: ), probably signals a short term low. It's like any time I post a self corngratulatory post, or do a little bear cheering, that usually marks the exact short term low.

All we have to do is fade ourselves and we'll make a profit every time. :lol:

Good Morning!

Welcome to Intraday Stool! Thanks to aussiebear for her daily opening!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well.

Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. To keep out spammers and scammers, I'll send you an email with a few Monty Python type questions. Just reply with your answers, and I'll approve your registration as soon as I receive your reply.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don't find the information helpful, I'll give you a full refund. It's that simple!Click here for more information.

Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Precious Metals Daily, just $39 quarterly. Try it risk free for 30 days!

Get this indispensable daily analysis and support the Stool!

rfwsad.gif

Another test today. The classic good cop / bad cop situation.

HPQ Good Cop Futures pre-open jam while Bad Cop Freddie Mac takes it up the arse and is down 8%, cousin Fannie down 3%.

We'll have to see the quality of the bounce to see if it has sticking power beyond a few hours. Down days have seen A/Ds between 4/1 and 8/1 negative while the best up days have barely seen 2/1 or 3/1.

still thinking the dow can run to 13,700 then im looking to shorts ... but thinking aside i think the charts are at temp support. if they break here as posted lastnight. id sit it out for a bit. ( too late to get into shorts, longs busted)

626082[/snapback]

You still holding all those LONG dongs from Thursday?

DHI loses 16?/share, sales are down 35%.

But, "Wall Street" was predicting loss of 66$/share. This is being touted as "good news."

HERE'S THE EXCUSE FOR THE HOMEBUILDERS RALLY

626080[/snapback]

building just needs to slow to get supply off the market and the headlines of panic in housing also need to stop. is that why the rich are trying to buy the media. to infulence public opinion ? (murdoch FBN). the FED will not lose its cred and they will do what they do priovide liquidity.

Builder's loss not as bad as forecasts

D.R. Horton swings to fourth-quarter loss but still tops expectations; expects housing environment to remain 'challenging.'

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/20/news/compa...rce=yahoo_quote

626083[/snapback]

Keep drinking the Koolaid BT. Yours is the hackneyed argument of the real estate industry.

The homebuilders are going to zero. They are running out of cash. The bounces will continue to be gifts to the shorts.

The only way this housing crash is going to end will be by making housing affordable again. That's going to take another 30% haircut from here in the most overpriced markets. And for the builders, the overpriced markets(FL, CA, AZ, NV, VA, MD) are where their problems are. Kansas City (metaphor for middle America) isn't a problem, and by the same token, none of the builders have any appreciable business there. That's because they can't make money there. Costs exceed market price.

At this point there's no sign of reduction of supply or rising demand in the problematic markets. Once those two curves reverse direction we can use the vectors to predict where equilibrium will be, but even that could be a year or two out.

Another test today.? The classic good cop /? bad cop situation.

HPQ Good Cop Futures pre-open jam while Bad Cop Freddie Mac takes it up the arse and is down 8%, cousin Fannie down 3%.

We'll have to see the quality of the bounce to see if it has sticking power beyond a few hours.? Down days have seen A/Ds between 4/1 and 8/1 negative while the best up days have barely seen 2/1 or 3/1.

626087[/snapback]

I think Officer HousingStarts is going to show up pretty soon to be the Enforcer.

Archived